• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kad5

Production is decent. Rhyming is decent. The guy isn't terrible but he isn't really someone that sticks out to me.

The fact that I heard someone say he could be a successor to Outkast is pretty laughable.

Sounds like Outkast are gonna be the kings of Southern Hiphop for a long time.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Is Big Krit any good?

I've heard talk about him but never actually heard his work.

Did you even google his name or search youtube? There is no shortage of Big KRIT material on the net. Hell, he has 3 full length albums he has given away for free on the net and a ton of compilations of his earlier work are out there. His work really isn't that hard to find. Only you can decide if you like him or not. Most people do, others find him boring.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
No way Big KRIT is ever Outkast level, IMO. Just doesn't even have half the lyrical chops and this is supposed to be when he's really trying to impress people. However, his production is some top tier stuff. If he develops a more prominent personality, a small time southern Kanye (lyrics secondary to outstanding production) would be a more apt comparison, even though it sounds absurd to say that now.

Kad5

No way Big KRIT is ever Outkast level, IMO. Just doesn't even have half the lyrical chops and this is supposed to be when he's really trying to impress people. However, his production is some top tier stuff. If he develops a more prominent personality, a small time southern Kanye (lyrics secondary to outstanding production) would be a more apt comparison, even though it sounds absurd to say that now.

I agree the production is way better than the verses.

T Dollarz

I honestly feel like we sell KRIT short. I'd say he has the most potential of anyone since after Lupe released his first two albums. And Kanye's first three. KRIT's first three releases put him on that level in my eyes.

IrishNinja

PSA: Delete all sex skits off your ipod you never know when a chick might pick it up and the next track on shuffle is Doctors Office off the Chronic

haha good call - i delete 99% of skits anyway, but yeah, i dont wanna hear ready to die and be on a track with biggie busting on some you oreo cookie eatin' mothafuggah shit

Listened to this for the first time last night after I saw this. So fucking good.

right? most of their efforts are solid but it hink Phrenology is my favorite, only a few tracks to skip and the highs are high.

gonna go check out busta and that primo/bumpy knuckles shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K.R.I.T.'s production is always one point better than I give him credit for. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Ye, the lyrics are not really the central focus or anything crazy but they're always fun, perfectly suited to the production and enjoyable to listen to. They're not bad either, that would be an exaggeration.

Also, I listened to Well-Done today... holy shit Action Bronson is fucking amazing. Bar after bar after bar of ludicrous rhymes with that flow. I love this guy, and I love the fact that he's an ex-Chef.

K.R.I.T.'s production is always one point better than I give him credit for. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Ye, the lyrics are not really the central focus or anything crazy but they're always fun, perfectly suited to the production and enjoyable to listen to. They're not bad either, that would be an exaggeration.

Also, I listened to Well-Done today... holy shit Action Bronson is fucking amazing. Bar after bar after bar of ludicrous rhymes with that flow. I love this guy, and I love the fact that he's an ex-Chef.

Get blue chips too. Cool ranch

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Aquemini was painfully average

Comparing Krit to Kanye makes me want to find a large angry bear to fuck you to death

You are better off searching out ross's best tracks rather than entire albums or mixtapes. I was a big fan, but Mr grunty is starting to wear thin on me. I'm guessing his next album will probably be the last I enjoy.

I like Bronson a lot, but 3/4 of his verses sound exactly the same.

Is Big Krit any good?

I've heard talk about him but never actually heard his work.

You do go to GA state right? Big Krit is coming to our school and that was just announced last night.
It's Panther Palooza and it invovles, Miguel, Dev, and Karmin. AND NOW Big KRIT.
It's only 10 bucks, so I'll be in the front row. Vibing out with KRIT. Fuck the others, well Miguel is ok.

Jay Sosa

Damn not even a single good mix tape?

Any current artists turning out good right now at least?

He was just kidding..I hope.

Aquemini was painfully average

lol

Comparing Krit to Kanye makes me want to find a large angry bear to fuck you to death

Meaning Krit is overrated? Or Kanye?

any recomendations on the best rick ross mixtapes?

Apparently the one prior to Teflon Don was good. His last one is horrible, deleted it after listening to 3 tracks.

psssh, everyone knows that Cunninlynguists are the real successors to Outkast anyway.

ahem

Musically maybe, but rapping wise they're worlds apart. Not saying CL are bad by any means but certainly nowhere near Big Boi and especially Big Boi.

Bishman

Yfq1N.jpg

Tokubetsu

Pretty boring and safe... Not what I was expecting after 4Eva N A Day's quality cover. Oh well, it's the music that matters.

What? This cover > 4eva N A Day's. N A Day's was too heavy handed. Return of 4eva's is the GOAT (Krit wise) for sure though. Agree with Enzo

Danny Brown is so cool.
Looking at him it's kinda funny. When he, looking as he does, is legit and gains respect it shows how far the genre has come since the whole 'thuggin' era.
He could not have come out like that in the time before Pharrell and Kanye started rocking man bags. The change is interesting. Are the buying audience (females and young white guys) beginning to shape the music?

Tokubetsu

Return of 4eva's cover is so good, it's a fucking shame we don't have a proper physical release. Imagine owning that shit on vinyl? That would be one of the prizes of your control for the cover alone.

*25 Years In The Future*

"Damn daddy, this is a sick cover! Who is this? Big Krit?"

"Go on, put that record on boy, you bout to learn some shit."

Dreamin' is some classic shit.

RPS37

March 26th - Mickey MauSe
April 3rd - Fear Not Failure
TBA - Zero Love

This is what I'm looking forward to.

T Dollarz

Return of 4eva's cover is so good, it's a fucking shame we don't have a proper physical release. Imagine owning that shit on vinyl? That would be one of the prizes of your control for the cover alone.

*25 Years In The Future*

"Damn daddy, this is a sick cover! Who is this? Big Krit?"

"Go on, put that record on boy, you bout to learn some shit."

Dreamin' is some classic shit.

This post x1000. However, the new cover has me hyped. I think that it shows the style he will be going for, not trying to be showy but rather making a grounded cohesive album. Hoping. But for KRIT, my expectations are high. And I have yet to have a reason to think that he won't meet those expectations. He has impressed me on all three mixtapes. Krit fan, out.

//B1G

Banned
oh no, my bad. i was talking about whatever his newest release was. didn't know he was hyping something else already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom