• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Perfect. Needed this haha:

NjlNU.jpg
Perfect.

meh. everything he's released this year has sucked
I Own Swag >>>

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah i liked it a lot too Blackace. Man if you really wanted to get into mashup i honestly think you could slap it out with the Girl Talks and Super Mash Bros of the world, your shit makes me and my duns go like this

soul-train-o.gif

New Nicki out so new poppy mix incoming!

OG Kush

Thanks for that Kendrick Lamar tape, I had never heard most of the songs. "Beyonce" made me laugh ou loud.

:lol

ppl sleepin on many kendrick's older tracks. someone in this thread said they didn't like overly dedicated. Quite a few DOPE tracks on it, better than section.80 imo.

Esch

Banned
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
eminem

maccas i forgive all your linkin park and lmfao plays in light of your almost matisse like photoshop virtuosity

Detox

So if Radioactive had a lot of love songs on it maybe love song will have a lot of trunk songs on it and this time they trick the teenage girls into buying it.

Hopefully Shady takes a page from Roc Nation and Atlantic and puts him out on the road with a mixtape before throwing the album to the wolves. A white rapper shouldn't bomb like that.

Recon

Banned
Yelawolf's next album to be callleedddddd........

"Love Story"

sigh.

Something tells me this isnt just usual shady fuckery. I think yela is in a different space now.

Hopefully Shady takes a page from Roc Nation and Atlantic and puts him out on the road with a mixtape before throwing the album to the wolves. A white rapper shouldn't bomb like that.

What other white rappers have been very successful? Bubba Sparxxx only went gold. Who else? Vanilla Ice? Eminem is the only "really" successful white rapper that I can think of.

Macca

Watching that video I have to agree. It seems like a lot of the hunger has gone.

I'm officially off the wagon, if he drops something I like, cool. But if not I'm just going to forget about it.

I wish he'd signed with Young Money to be honest.

PBY

Banned
Watching that video I have to agree. It seems like a lot of the hunger has gone.

I'm officially off the wagon, if he drops something I like, cool. But if not I'm just going to forget about it.

I wish he'd signed with Young Money to be honest

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

I agree with Macca. Young Money probably would have done him better than this.

Young Money: Hostile Takeover anyways. It's only a matter of time before Nas goes there too.

Macca

Curren$y? What about the dozens of artists who they dont give a shit about on their label? If I didnt know any better, I would think only Wayne/Drake/Minaj/Tyga were on young money.
Dozens of artists on YM? Only a couple have released albums, and they've done pretty well.

PBY

Banned
Curren$y? What about the dozens of artists who they dont give a shit about on their label? If I didnt know any better, I would think only Wayne/Drake/Minaj/Tyga were on young money.

This.

Also... Its crazy that Yela can't pull sales at even Mac Miller's level. People hate on Mac Miller, but the dude hustles- hes always on Twitter, hes always touring, and hes always putting out new freestyles/mixtapes.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
This.

Also... Its crazy that Yela can't pull sales at even Mac Miller's level. People hate on Mac Miller, but the dude hustles- hes always on Twitter, hes always touring, and hes always putting out new freestyles/mixtapes.
Whoa. I never knew this. I do know though, there is a mac millier thread on gaf.

Also thats also why lil b is speaking at NYU. Dudes made hype for himself with nothing, not even talent.

Blackace

The fact that they made Tyga into a big selling artist is amazing..

Curren$y ain't all that marketable..

PBY

Banned
Whoa. I never knew this. I do know though, there is a mac millier thread on gaf.

Also thats also why lil b is speaking at NYU. Dudes made hype for himself with nothing, not even talent.

Yeah; I only bring up Mac Miller because his album was independently distributed and it still sold tons.

And I will be attending the Lil B lecture- I'll be sure to report back.

Recon

Banned
Dozens of artists on YM? Only a couple have released albums, and they've done pretty well.

That is my point. Only a few out of over the dozen artists they have have released anything of note. Also, Tyga's album seemed like an after thought. He sold Yelawolf numbers even with the Rack City hit.

The fact that they made Tyga into a big selling artist is amazing..

Curren$y ain't all that marketable..

Tyga is not a big selling artist. He is a one hit wonder, as shown by the lack of any interest in his album.

PBY

Banned
That is my point. Only a few out of over the dozen artists they have have released anything of note. Also, Tyga's album seemed like an after thought. He sold Yelawolf numbers even with the Rack City hit.

Tyga is not a big selling artist. He is a one hit wonder, as shown by the lack of any interest in his album.
I agree with you 100%, but Tyga will sell way more than Yela (I only bring this up to show how much Shady fucked up)

Yelawolf:
The album debuted at number twenty-seven on the US Billboard 200 chart, with 41,000 copies in its first-week of sales. [7] As of March 2012, the album has sold 122,000 copies in the United States.[8]

Tyga:

The album debuted at number 4 on the US Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 61,000 copies despite a limited release in retail stores.[4][5] As of March 25, 2012, the album had sold 157,000 copies in the United States.[6]

Macca

Shady fucked it so bad. I seriously have to wonder how an artist can be handled so badly, especially one with so much potential. It's like they didn't even try. Well, they tried and succeeded fucking it up.

Recon

Banned
I agree with you 100%, but Tyga will sell way more than Yela (I only bring this up to show how much Shady fucked up)

Yelawolf:
The album debuted at number twenty-seven on the US Billboard 200 chart, with 41,000 copies in its first-week of sales. [7] As of March 2012, the album has sold 122,000 copies in the United States.[8]

Tyga:

The album debuted at number 4 on the US Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 61,000 copies despite a limited release in retail stores.[4][5] As of March 25, 2012, the album had sold 157,000 copies in the United States.[6]

Oh yeah, he definitely will sell more and already has. I forgot how badly Yelas debut did. A decent looking rapper with backing by shady and a decent mixtape following should not of failed so horribly. I guarantee I could of sold more with that backing. First single would be an Alex Da Kid single with that white girl on the hook and a Eminem verse. Instant hit. Easy.

Blackace

65k his first week, isn't bad for a no name..

Dont know what his sales look like now..

Macca

Oh yeah, he definitely will sell more and already has. I forgot how badly Yelas debut did. A decent looking rapper with backing by shady and a decent mixtape following should not of failed so horribly. I guarantee I could of sold more with that backing. First single would be an Alex Da Kid single with that white girl on the hook and a Eminem verse. Instant hit. Easy.
Exactly man, how did that not happen?

Even Let's Roll could've been a hit, but that took faaar too long to come out with a video, seemed to get no push and just fell to the side.

PBY

Banned

He sold 65K in the first week even after that whole fiasco where they had to pull physical copies and reship them over the MLK copyright issue, so there were shortages of physical albums/some stores got them late.

Even Let's Roll could've been a hit, but that took faaar too long to come out with a video, seemed to get no push and just fell to the side.
Agreed- that song should have come out for the summer, and should have had an Eminem verse on it.

Recon

Banned

After Rack City everyone unfortunately knew who Tyga was. Shit, a bunch of my friends who dont care much about hip hop loved Rack City. Mac Miller crushed him in sales without a major label.

Yeah, like Peterboy said, Lets Roll with an Em verse could of been the hit he needed. So much of that album could of been great with a little retooling.

Detox

I don't think Yela got much to do with Shady in terms of Em getting involved with him. Interscope wanted to sign him and Dre was never going to take him so they put him with Shady.

As long as he does the tape with Krit I don't give a fuck.

Macca

I don't think Yela got much to do with Shady in terms of Em getting involved with him. Interscope wanted to sign him and Dre was never going to take him so they put him with Shady.

He was already signed to Interscope before he signed with Shady.

Recon

Banned

I dont know, Em seemed pretty excited about Yela with his Shady 2.0 shit.

Blackace

After Rack City everyone unfortunately knew who Tyga was. Shit, a bunch of my friends who dont care much about hip hop loved Rack City. Mac Miller crushed him in sales without a major label.

Until rack city they pretty much shelfed him until they got their big tickets out.. Dude came here and did a show for 85 people lol

From that he blew up

Detox

He was already signed to Interscope before he signed with Shady.
Didn't know that. Shady 2.0 isn't going to work for them unless Em starts rolling with them permanently and then it wouldn't even be worth it. None of slaughterhouse's success would translate into solo success. Aftermath, shady, interscope hasn't recovered from g-unit falling off. The Black Hippy dudes is going to be their next shot if they can work Kendrick and Schoolboy into something big the rest should be relatively successful.

Recon

Banned
Didn't know that. Shady 2.0 isn't going to work for them unless Em starts rolling with them permanently and then it wouldn't even be worth it. None of slaughterhouse's success would translate into solo success. Aftermath, shady, interscope hasn't recovered from g-unit falling off. The Black Hippy dudes is going to be their next shot if they can work Kendrick and Schoolboy into something big the rest should be relatively successful.

Shady 2.0 was a pipe dream. He got a bunch of battle rappers who are unfortunately past their prime. Then he got an Southern artist who doesnt know what he wants to be(Love Story?) He threw D12 to the side when it was actually a good selling group(because of Em). None of his signing have ever made sense. Shit, Cashis had a fair amount of hype awhile back yet they kept delaying his album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom