• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
What is usually considered to be 2Pac's best album/s?

Makaveli>Me Against The World/All Eyez On Me.

But honestly, his Greatest Hits albums are fantastic to start with. Just experience Makaveli in one sitting, shit is transcendent.

Kad5

Makaveli>Me Against The World/All Eyez On Me.

But honestly, his Greatest Hits albums are fantastic to start with. Just experience Makaveli in one sitting, shit is transcendent.

If I could only get one 2Pac album would eyes on me be the one to keep you think or me against the world?

I'll also check out makaveli.

Recon

Banned
If I could only get one 2Pac album would eyes on me be the one to keep you think or me against the world?

Makaveli is a personal favorite. I think Me Against The World is better than All Eyez On Me only because it is almost no filler. Where All Eyez on Me is a double album, thus suffering from filler here and there. Cant go wrong with any of those though.

PBY

Banned
The_3rd_Jarhead-front-large.jpg

So... this kinda goes. don't know whats up with the cover, but the beats/rhymes are pretty good
http://www.datpiff.com/The-3rd-Jarhead-mixtape.330082.html

nns3d

What is usually considered to be 2Pac's best album/s?

Makaveli is the hardest one to get into but it's lyrically his best album

All Eyez on Me has the best production, but it's feature heavy (Outlawz... meh)

Me Against the World is a happy medium of both of those two.

Overall you can't go wrong with his last 3 albums. If you're interested, the best posthumous albums are R U Still Down?, Greatest Hits (the 1998 version, not the 2007 "Thug" & "Life" compilations), Until the End of Time and Better Dayz (Better Dayz is my favorite of the posthumous albums).

Kad5

Thanks for the input guys.

Also, i'm trying to get into Big Krit. Would his 'Krit wuz here' mix tape be a good start?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
did this get posted yet?

iXmZZpdCNXcdo.gif

i haven't listened to the album yet, but I have a flac copy sitting in my inbox right now... that gif made me laugh.

GamerSoul

Maybe I don't collect enough of those little single song leaks, but this Kendrick tape is almost 100% new material to me. Maybe it will be to you to. Really dope.

orucj.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Kendrick-Lamar-Pre-Good-Kid-In-A-Mad-City-mixtape.316326.html

Just started listening to it. I've heard some of these tracks before. Spiteful Chant sounds like it has been remastered with some horns compared to what was on the Section 80 tape. Sounds good. I actually got into Kendrick because of a compilation tape that was on Datpiff.

I know I need to expand my rap horizons but I keep sticking to the same artists. lol

Edit: Damn, definitely nice. The beat selection is up my ally. I'm definitely feeling it.

And then Nas called Jay and asked him to shoot the IRS six million United States Dollars?

It was hilariosu watching Nas' mtv interview today. He was acting like the Kelis/child support news and the IRS stuff have exposed just how much money he truly has. He literally said he preferred when everyone thought he was broke, and didn't like flashing all the money he has. Wow, lmao. We don't believe you, you need more people.

T Dollarz

Thanks for the input guys.

Also, i'm trying to get into Big Krit. Would his 'Krit wuz here' mix tape be a good start?

Listen to Krit Wuz Here once a day for a week. The next week, listen to Return of 4eva every day. And the next week, listen to 4evaNaDay every day for a week. By the end of the month, you will understand.

RJT

nooooooooooooooo

man, not a good look for escobar these last few pages...smarten up, nas

ps do yall think we're gonna end up in that community subforum xzibit.jpg

Absolutely. I'm ok with it actually, now that the Gaming community is separated from OT community.

Confession time: I never listened to the full Makaveli album. I need to get on it.

Detox

Tapioca eating ninjas still stuck on the Jay and Nas beef. They are way past it, Jay's historic show at Carnegie and he was acting as Nas' hypeman.

He confirmed another black girl lost sequel to black girl lost off it was written.

Jay Sosa

Very hard to say, they all sound very unique. Me against the world sounds a bit more eastcoasty, All eyez on me (my favorite) is very upbeat, westcoast. And Makaveli is just, well you have to listen for yourself, lyrically maybe Pacs best work. He always sounded best when he was mad (without raising his voice one bit).

Personally I would start chronologically, it's amazing how dude evolved/changed without sounding insincere.

See above, when in doubt always listen to music chronologically. (So yes).

2nd, something more introspective, lyrical- nice beats too tho;
20120328-LABYRINTH1.jpg

http://www.sharebeast.com/063pdq4r0dyu

dunno if it's really the same guy but I bought this album on cdbabay few years ago:

heres a good quality version of that beat, looped/made coherent by someone on ktt

http://www.mediafire.com/?mg5inqxo0habgxi

its too good to not have someone go nuts all over this.

edit: if you don't think this is the hypest shit of all hype shit... then youre wrong.

jesus whats up with that annoying voice sample at the beginning? gets a bit better later on, but despite those awesome horns nor very impressive.

reminds me of a Childish Gambino beat. Like You Know Me

Absolutely, and that song almost ruins the entire album for me.

RJT

Thanks for that Kendrick Lamar tape, I had never heard most of the songs. "Beyonce" made me laugh ou loud.

And I salute Kanye for takin up for you
I would of stole the award just to prove that I love you
But Jay shoulda did that
I thought he had your biz-ack
What happened mr. Izzo ?
He used to be my favorite
Until he abandoned my diva
But now I tell every body that Nas killed him on "ether"

:lol

Esch

Banned
Yeah i liked it a lot too Blackace. Man if you really wanted to get into mashup i honestly think you could slap it out with the Girl Talks and Super Mash Bros of the world, your shit makes me and my duns go like this

soul-train-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom