• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

I have no threads subscribed. I casually browse the OT and when I see a new reply in this thread, I click on it. This will not make me use subscriptions because it would literally only be for this thread.

I do have the thread subscribed, but I usually read like that too. Hopefully the community forum will have few threads, so GAF-HOP will always be on the first page of it. This could be a good thing. Positivity, people!

BTW, from the shameless plug department: I spent a little time researching one of my favourite songs - Talib's "For Women", and explained it on rapgenius.
If you are interested on the song (particularly how it links with Nina Simone's original, "Four Women", check it out.

Recon

Banned
I do have the thread subscribed, but I usually read like that too. Hopefully the community forum will have few threads, so GAF-HOP will always be on the first page of it. This could be a good thing. Positivity, people!

BTW, from the shameless plug department: I spent a little time researching one of my favourite songs - Talib's "For Women", and explained it on rapgenius.
If you are interested on the song (particularly how it links with Nina Simone's original, "Four Women", check it out.

Nice, I am a sucker for most anything Talib. Ill check it out in a few.

Macca

But I mean, let's be honest, how many new people do we really get? Dudes that are cool enough to turn up here and go through initiation deserve it.

lets talk katy perry. big titties.

Recon

Banned
But I mean, let's be honest, how many new people do we really get? Dudes that are cool enough to turn up here and go through initiation deserve it.

lets talk katy perry. big titties.

You were new once yourself Macca. Remember? I do. This thread used to be a much slower moving thread, the last two years or so it seems we have had a lot more discussion,mainly to new people popping up.

RJT

Nice, I am a sucker for most anything Talib. Ill check it out in a few.

Some of the stuff there is just filler (including some failed attempts at humour), so keep that in mind.

Oh, and now that I think about it, "A Backpack & A Dream" isn't on rapgenius. I need to get on it.

Recon

Banned
Some of the stuff there is just filler (including some failed attempts at humour), so keep that in mind.

Oh, and now that I think about it, "A Backpack & A Dream" isn't on rapgenius. I need to get on it.

Haha. I am actually in the process of re-writing and re-recording the whole thing. I put it out because I was tired of not putting it out. I wasnt happy at all with the sound quality or my own voice on it. This time I am taking my time, seeing what worked and what didnt and tweaking and overhauling certain songs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck subs, I stay with 12 GAF-Tabs open I refresh.

If I have 8GB of RAM, I'm gonna let Firefox
ab
use it goddamnit.

EDIT: Recon, you get the kiss?

Recon

Banned
Fuck subs, I stay with 12 GAF-Tabs open I refresh.

If I have 8GB of RAM, I'm gonna let Firefox
ab
use it goddamnit.

EDIT: Recon, you get the kiss?

I have been known to have more than 12 tabs of Gaf open. That is also how I roll, lol. And yes, I got the kiss and more. Twas a good night :)
Here is a pic of her. I think she is cute. Plus she is smart, which is important to me.

TyRDr.jpg

Esch

Banned
Subs are dope. That way if im fucked up and i wanna look at pics of food on IronGAF, its only a couple clicks away.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
No need for subs, this is the only thread I spend any amount of time in anyways. Post funny pics thread has gone to shit, Magic the gathering thread moves too slow, and I can always track down the nba thread by listening real hard for the sounds of lakers fans being bitches.

Recon

Banned
No need for subs, this is the only thread I spend any amount of time in anyways. Post funny pics thread has gone to shit, Magic the gathering thread moves too slow, and I can always track down the nba thread by listening real hard for the sounds of lakers fans being bitches.

Yup. I have some threads where I will always read, but nothing that I need to sub. Gaf-Hop is the only thread I post in regularly, and it is always on the first two pages.

Recon

Banned
Nope. I hear downtown is actually more fun to gamble in so i may give that a try one night.

I have heard a bunch of great things about Lotus of Siam. Pretty sure either Tested or Giantbomb said something about it too.

Edit: How did that Ghost concert go? Has it happened?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Each funny pics thread contains less amusing posts then your average thread in OT.

Something about the saturation in the amount of JPEGs in that thread that creates this sensory overload of unfunny.

Tokubetsu

I posted this in the TV Thread, but does anyone have an opinion on it in here?

BSG is one of my favorite shows. The ending kinda sucks but Mass Effect 3's god awful end made me appreciate it more. About Starbuck, thats just kind of how she is. Most people, while the show was airing, hated her too. I recall liking her at points, like for some of season one and then again near the end. Balta is the shit though. If Jesus was a pimp, he'd be Gaius Baltar.

Regarding the ending, I'd still watch it if you care for any of the characters. The show becomes less about mystery and scifi elements and almost completely a character drama by season four.

Recon

Banned
BSG is one of my favorite shows. The ending kinda sucks but Mass Effect 3's god awful end made me appreciate it more. About Starbuck, thats just kind of how she is. Most people, while the show was airing, hated her too. I recall liking her at points, like for some of season one and then again near the end. Balta is the shit though. If Jesus was a pimp, he'd be Gaius Baltar.

Regarding the ending, I'd still watch it if you care for any of the characters. The show becomes less about mystery and scifi elements and almost completely a character drama by season four.

Yeah, Im almost done with Season 3 so I will definitely finish it. I am kinda pissed I read that spoiler. It was on gaf in a totally unrelated thread, oh well. About Starbuck, yeah, I just dislike the character so much, and how she is written and her bullshit between Lee and her. Gaius Baltar is definitely my favorite character right now. Sharon is another one of my favorites, just because of the idea of what she is and what it means for her to be loyal(which I am assuming changes at some point, but I hope not). The Religious aspect is a bit heavy handed, but I really enjoy the show despite that.

Yeah...fuck you for hating on Starbuck. She's the trillest female ever. Also the season 2 finale time lapse at the end is genius.

I just got done with the episode of her "dying". I only quote that because I assume she isnt really dead. Her character is horribly written and horribly over acted. Everything she does makes me want to punch her in the ovaries.

That's interesting. Gaius went from my favorite character (in seasons 1 and 2) to one of my least favorite after he became a sort of Sexy Jesus.

Esch

Banned

Great fucking 3 seasons for sure. And RAZOR. Gatdamn.

lol, beans. that dude must be so broke...

Recon

Banned
That's interesting. Gaius went from my favorite character (in seasons 1 and 2) to one of my least favorite after he became a sort of Sexy Jesus.

The only thing I dislike about him is how obvious it is with his appearance. As soon as they removed the glasses, it was very fucking obvious what they were going for. The show really lacks subtlety.

Tokubetsu

Yea make sure you watch RAZOR Recon. One of the best things related to BSG, its basically an extended episode but so good. I think timeline wise, it's supposed to take place between season one and two but I might be rembering wrong on that. Either way, it's the shit. It's basically all the best elements of BSG without any of the shitty bits, and characters you might not like.

Recon

Banned
Yea make sure you watch RAZOR Recon. One of the best things related to BSG, its basically an extended episode but so good. I think timeline wise, it's supposed to take place between season one and two but I might be rembering wrong on that. Either way, it's the shit. It's basically all the best elements of BSG without any of the shitty bits, and characters you might not like.

Yeah, I plan on it. I was told not to watch it until I watched Season 3, for whatever reason. I probably will just watch it after I get done with the series.

Edit: Apparently it isnt on Netflix streaming...wtf? How do they have everything else related to the damn series except the movie?

Edit2: Never mind, they have it included in the beginning of season 4 for some reason. Weird.

T Dollarz

Yeah, Gaf-Hop is my main thread. I browse gaf pretty much the same way that Recon does, just by clicking whatever interests me on the first page of OT. Majority of the time Gaf-Hop is on there and the discussions move fast, but not too fast like NBA-gaf, so it's my favorite place to come for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom