• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
My date went awesome :). Drinks and pool to start off, then comedy club and drinks. Back to her place. Great night. Seeing her again this weekend. Would of stayed the night but we both have class in the morning. Fuck yeah!

That's awesome. She is a nice looking lady, and I bet she is a huge E-40 fan. *

*just busting your balls.. But how great would that be! lol

Do your thing playboy!

Recon

Banned
That's awesome. She is a nice looking lady, and I bet she is a huge E-40 fan. *

*just busting your balls.. But how great would that be! lol

Do your thing playboy!

Thanks man! If she turns out to like E40 I am pretty sure I could let that slide. Lol.

Jay Sosa

Zilla - Zilla Shit 2

UbpTc.jpg

Also Gone In Alabama dropped a mixtape recently that also had mostly Block Beattaz production on it that i'm feeling quite a lot.

G.I.A. - Boarding Pass

6eD6w.jpg

No DJ version of Zilla Shit 2 with better sound quality and better sequencing at http://othirdent.bandcamp.com

Keep it coming, love me some southern shit.

If you like Shooting Moves, you need to download Danny's The Hybrid and Detroit State of Mind 4 tapes immediately.

Thanks to you too sir!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Relistening to MBDTF... I want to punch Kanye for (most of) the features...
Pretty much all of the features are well chosen, and fit the song or provide an interesting spin on it. The only one that feels misplaced is Fergie, and the RZA one feels underutilized, but even RZA got a co-production so it isn't all that bad.

AOTL is hard to complain about (outside of Fergie, WTF YE?!) when the main features (CuDi, Elton John and Rihanna) flow, the rest are pretty much backup vocals.

EDIT: Obie Trice and Eminem working on "Richard."

EDIT2: Damn man, Cartoons & Cereal would be such a good song if 50% of it wasn't absolute garbage and filler.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
cartoons and cereal is the second best thing he's ever done next to spiteful chant. and it alone is better than everything on mbdtkkkfbikgboppyeahyouknowme combined. but this is known.

Pretty much all of the features are well chosen, and fit the song or provide an interesting spin on it. The only one that feels misplaced is Fergie, and the RZA one feels underutilized, but even RZA got a co-production so it isn't all that bad.

AOTL is hard to complain about (outside of Fergie, WTF YE?!) when the main features (CuDi, Elton John and Rihanna) flow, the rest are pretty much backup vocals.

I was rather thinking of Nicki, Ross and Swizz. I just can't listen to Monster, Devil in a New Dress and a good part of So Appalled. I like AOTL, it's a catchy song and IMO one of the better ones on the record.

DominoKid

I was rather thinking of Nicki, Ross and Swizz. I just can't listen to Monster, Devil in a New Dress and a good part of So Appalled. I like AOTL, it's a catchy song and IMO one of the better ones on the record.

weird because they killed their verses.

you want to point out a bad feature? Jay-Z on Monster.

PBY

Banned
After 808's, I pretty much assume anything Ye has creative control over is going to make me want to punch him. For the record I liked 808s.

Relistening to MBDTF... I want to punch Kanye for (most of) the features...

weird because they killed their verses.

you want to point out a bad feature? Jay-Z on Monster.

Kanye talk again? YESSSSSS

MBDTF is a slightly flawed masterpiece- Its the album of the century and were only two years in. The features were picked sooo well, Nicki Minaj puts in a great verse, Jay is fine, CyHi is amazing, RZA (if anyone hates his Dirty White Bitches... smh)... and it goes on and on. The hooks are impeccable with the blend of voices, using Toney Williams was a great choice. AOTC.

Cartoons and Cereal was an amazing song, but it helps to read the lyrics once or twice because the altered voices are kinda incomprehensible unless you already know what they're saying.

Nicki's feature on Dark Fantasy should have been the highpoint of her career. I actually really like her voice, but this feature was the only time I could stand her verse for more than four bars.

Edit: Besides Stupid Hoe, of course. I feel like a samurai meditating under a waterfall when I hear that song.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Cartoons and Cereal was an amazing song, but it helps to read the lyrics once or twice because the altered voices are kinda incomprehensible unless you already know what they're saying.

Nicki's feature on Dark Fantasy should have been the highpoint of her career. I actually really like her voice, but this feature was the only time I could stand her verse for more than four bars.

Edit: Besides Stupid Hoe, of course. I feel like a samurai meditating under a waterfall when I hear that song.

i don't know what youve been toking, but if your "listening" to stupid hoe then your already def.

kodecraft

Kanye talk again? YESSSSSS

MBDTF is a slightly flawed masterpiece- Its the album of the century and were only two years in. The features were picked sooo well, Nicki Minaj puts in a great verse, Jay is fine, CyHi is amazing, RZA (if anyone hates his Dirty White Bitches... smh)... and it goes on and on. The hooks are impeccable with the blend of voices, using Toney Williams was a great choice. AOTC.

Agreed, I also am one who does not have a problem with Fergie on AOTL.

Tokubetsu

What are some of the best mixed and mastered hip hop albums?

Chronic 2001
All Eyez On Me
TM 103: Hustlerz Ambition

Really, a lot of the 90s west coast big name albums have fucking impecable mixing and mastering. Those west coast producers and engineers knew what the fuck they were doing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cartoons and cereal is the second best thing he's ever done next to spiteful chant. and it alone is better than everything on mbdtkkkfbikgboppyeahyouknowme combined. but this is known.
I'm listening to When Life Gives You Lemons right now, so you watch your mouth, boi, before I return fire.

PBY

Banned
Chronic 2001
All Eyez On Me
TM 103: Hustlerz Ambition

Really, a lot of the 90s west coast big name albums have fucking impecable mixing and mastering. Those west coast producers and engineers knew what the fuck they were doing.

I agree with this.

I'm listening to When Life Gives You Lemons right now, so you watch your mouth, boi, before I return fire.

lol perfect

Recon

Banned
and she'd be way hotter without the fucking glasses.

Wrong...glasses on certain females...my oh my...Plus she can rhyme and sounds sexy doing it..already better than 90% of the females out there. I am also high, but I think I may be in love.

IrishNinja

like a couple thousand people at the Roots show tonight, shit was dope - how you gonna blend the seed 2.0 into curtis mayfield's "move on up" like that? shit was so smooth i almost fell up out my seat. cotdamn.

they had a tuba player cover bass (went better than expected), guitar dude tore up immigrant song and sweet child o'mine in between thought reminding folks how good live hip hop can be when you got a conscious dude who can get wild and stay on point. i paid $40 and shit was worth like twice that.

but you know how you know shit wasn't street? all those people (lotta chicks, granted) and not one one gully enough to hook me up with a streetpass? not a good look on ya clientele, questloves

Novid

Banned
Wrong...glasses on certain females...my oh my...Plus she can rhyme and sounds sexy doing it..already better than 90% of the females out there. I am also high, but I think I may be in love.

moe era of rap confirmed. smh... shes pretty... but smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom