• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

So Miri, where's your FNF review?

I didn't realize I was on for one, haha. Going through it for the second time right now. Right off the bat, though, this tape feels much more cohesive, thematically speaking--down to his flipping the title at the end, but the individual bits of lyricism aren't as strong as The Reason's. Not yet, anyway. His shit's dense and always takes me a few sessions and a burn session to really digest. The production's much stronger, imo, though. "Alone Tonight" is nuts.

Heard that earlier. Good shit. eXquire needs to just blow up already. Dude's delivery has charisma in it like a beast.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Only listened to the first 5 minutes since I'm saving it for this friday but I can already tell you from the first 5 that it will make me a happy man
lol party hard
Dope

Question, some of the songs sound distorted a bit, is this on purpose?

EDIT: Cody Simpson......ill let this slide

my mixer's left channel is a little jacked.. Unless I massage it, it will cut out the right speaker completely.. I wonder if that has something to do with it..

Edit: poppy..poppy!!

overcast

also, first leak from the stoned immaculate. SO FUCKING NICE, wale kills
20120403-CURRENSY.jpg

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/04/03/currensy-what-it-look-like-f-wale/
This is dope stuff. I haven't been listening to Spitta for a while, got burned out. Hopefully this is a real release.

cdyhybrid

Smooth as fuck.

also, first leak from the stoned immaculate. SO FUCKING NICE, wale kills
20120403-CURRENSY.jpg

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/04/03/currensy-what-it-look-like-f-wale/

Not bad at all.

Tight. Really liked the transition into NIP. Like someone mentioned earlier, T-Pain really carries these things, haha.

RJT

Dre shouldn't be featured on that track. Eminem did a great job ghostwriting for Dre, Kendrick not so much.

I respect Peter Rosenberg's opinions nearly all the time, dude is a hip hop head fighting the good fight on mainstream radio. BUT I just heard this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvqejMlkik&feature=player_embedded#!

Ok, there's no doubt Ross is a consistent rapper who dropped the blueprint for modern mainstream hip hop with Teflon Don. Maybe he's the best mainstream rapper - in fact I'll go so far as to say he is. But to label him the best rapper period right now...c'mon son.

But the main offense: the Ghostface comparison. No, we're not going there son.

Cudder

But who's gonna be featured on the actual song? I hope it's maybe 3 people from GOOD max, otherwise we'll be in for quite a big clusterfuck. we'll see

Kwixotik

Blackace, I put a few of your mixes on my phone. The app I use for music automatically downloads artist photos. Apparently, this is you:

478131.jpg

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Just listening to your Brick Squad mix now Blackace, enjoying it a lot! Trained To Go into Grove St. Party had me like uuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Not for you to feel if your not from the ATL.

Sorry to double post but this post just had me wondering, does anyone here feel like the region that they are from prevents them from enjoying music from other places? Personally i'm from London England and like all kinds of American hip hop although southern is my main preference but I dunno. Maybe if I was geographically attached to somewhere in USA i'd feel differently about the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom