• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Sorry to double post but this post just had me wondering, does anyone here feel like the region that they are from prevents them from enjoying music from other places? Personally i'm from London England and like all kinds of American hip hop although southern is my main preference but I dunno. Maybe if I was geographically attached to somewhere in USA i'd feel differently about the matter.

It's a bit broader. I think it has more to do with the kinda rap you were "raised" on. Plenty of dudes on the west who were raised on NYC boom bap, and prefer it to this day etc etc.

The M.O.B

Sorry to double post but this post just had me wondering, does anyone here feel like the region that they are from prevents them from enjoying music from other places? Personally i'm from London England and like all kinds of American hip hop although southern is my main preference but I dunno. Maybe if I was geographically attached to somewhere in USA i'd feel differently about the matter.

As long as it's in English then I can enjoy it. I've heard some other rap in different languages and besides the beats it kind of hard to appreciate something you can't even understand.

Kaizer

Banned

I'd say not really, in regards to my personal taste. But definitely in regards to what sort of hip-hop you'll hear on the radio. Living in GA for over 10 years now, they play like the same 5 guys all the time and that's it.

"I'm sicker than the CDC." What the fuck does that even mean

CDC contains a lot of virus samples, and uh..............i got nothing

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
It's a bit broader. I think it has more to do with the kinda rap you were "raised" on. Plenty of dudes on the west who were raised on NYC boom bap, and prefer it to this day etc etc.

Yeah that seems fair. Don't think i'm very comfortable with the idea of people feeling excluded from some stuff but I can appreciate that certain things will only appeal to some people from the region itself like say Hyphy for the Bay or Bounce for New Orleans.

DZA is a pretty great beat picker so I was hoping for original compositions on this. Hollywood Smoke Hogan just reminded me that ASAP Rocky needs to stop fucking around with pulling songs from free mixtapes and just drop the goddamn Pretty Flacko Remix with Waka Flocka Flame already. That Curren$y/Alchemist should be nice, i've actually been really looking forward to that Spitta and Harry Fraud project that he announced recently though as I think Curren$y's style is going to match Fraud's beats so well.

kodecraft

"I'm sicker than the CDC." What the fuck does that even mean

?? With the praise of Gucci Mane and Waka in this thread, you want to ask "Wtf does this even mean" like Cyhi is a rapper who doesn't make sense like the 2 rappers I just mentioned

Like I said you got to have been or be from the ATL to know what this song is mostly talking about.

BTW-

CDC- Centers for Disease and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road Northeast Atlanta, GA

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NqLEn.png
OH LAWD YESSSSSSSSSSS

KANYE HYPE CYCLE INITIATE

GO GO GO GO GO

HYPEEEEE x100000
ib1MJcA4qu4NRV.gif

Also, Wasn't it supposed to be Kanye, Sean and Pusha on Mercy?

EDIT: Yup, it was rumoured to be those three.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just getting some straightening. I'm not salty though its all good, just like in most hip-hop circles those with a difference of opinion are called "haters"

I didn't call you a hater, I called you seem salty because you're defending a mediocre song against criticism, because it's about and I guess you're from ATL.

As if posting a link to the CDC will have light bulbs flashing over people's heads. Oooooh that's what he meant.

Relax and chill. Twinkle twinkle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I respect Peter Rosenberg's opinions nearly all the time, dude is a hip hop head fighting the good fight on mainstream radio. BUT I just heard this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvqejMlkik&feature=player_embedded#!

Ok, there's no doubt Ross is a consistent rapper who dropped the blueprint for modern mainstream hip hop with Teflon Don. Maybe he's the best mainstream rapper - in fact I'll go so far as to say he is. But to label him the best rapper period right now...c'mon son.

But the main offense: the Ghostface comparison. No, we're not going there son.
Yo what the fuck Rosenberg. I have mad respect for Rosenberg too, but since when did he start giving accolades that high to rappers who aren't from NYC. Sounds like dude just heard Teflon Don or something.

Ross Era.. SMH. No doubt he's one of the hottest out, if not the hottest, but c'mon son.

kodecraft

I didn't call you a hater, I called you seem salty because you're defending a mediocre song against criticism, because it's about and I guess you're from ATL.

As if posting a link to the CDC will have light bulbs flashing over people's heads. Oooooh that's what he meant.

Relax and chill. Twinkle twinkle.

The link to CDC is educating those who don't know, in case we see a post saying "CDC? man Cyhi be making up shizzzz" . thats all. Hater was me generally speaking not directed to you.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
What releases are considered definitive Jay Electronica? I hate wading through a bunch of stuff to try and get into artists.

Unfortunately nothing is definitive with Jay Elec-yarmulke but checking out his What The Fuck Is A Jay Electronica release probably won't hurt. Also Victory because that has both Exhibits B and C on.

There is a free mixtape called What The Fuck Is A Jay Electronica.

Unfortunately nothing is definitive with Jay Elec-yarmulke but checking out his What The Fuck Is A Jay Electronica release probably won't hurt. Also Victory because that has both Exhibits B and C on.

Thanks I'll go find it.

-Titty boi is on Mercy? Big Sean was enough for me to turn my hype from 11 to 10. Still hope it's ridiculous.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Pusha T better be heads and shoulders above every head on that track, lyrically. Son's reputation is on the line right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As much as I hate 2Chainz though, whenever I hear the name all that plays through in my head is:

2CHAINZZZZZZ
RICK JAMES, SUPAFREAK
SHE GOT THAT WET-WET, THATS A SUPALEAK

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ask and you shall receive... quick and dirty Bricksquad mix

http://dj-ace.com/Mixes/bricksquad.mp3

For some reason I read this as Hit Squad and was excited as fuck thinking we were getting a mix full of EPMD, redman, das efx, keith murray, and k-solo (lol).
When I reread it I cried a little inside.

speaking of, I just read that blackout 3 is supposed to be coming out this year. I fucking hope so.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Don't you disrespect the GOAT. We are living in the Big Sean era of rap. It's like the golden era, but better.

Big Sean is shit stained trash and his album was trash too....but marvin gaye and chardonnay is the best "pop rap" song in a long long time.

Acid08

Banned
For some reason I read this as Hit Squad and was excited as fuck thinking we were getting a mix full of EPMD, redman, das efx, keith murray, and k-solo (lol).
When I reread it I cried a little inside.

speaking of, I just read that blackout 3 is supposed to be coming out this year. I fucking hope so.

How High 2 is also supposed to be coming out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom