• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Hope he's getting enough buzz to work with some A-list talent soon before he blows his wad on these 99 cent store rappers.

When you work with 99 cent store rappers, your beats will always be the highlight. Work with rappers that have talent and you risk your beats being overshadowed or exposed for weaknesses.

DominoKid

Hope he's getting enough buzz to work with some A-list talent soon before he blows his wad on these 99 cent store rappers.

He's been working w/ mmg.

Either way i think he's set. Apparently he's deep in the game in a lot of other shit, he just goes by other names when doing them. I think it was Fader that i read that on.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
When you work with 99 cent store rappers, your beats will always be the highlight. Work with rappers that have talent and you risk your beats being overshadowed or exposed for weaknesses.
Yeah, but eventually you want to get paid in real bucks, not McDonald's dollar off coupons.

Either way i think he's set. Apparently he's deep in the game in a lot of other shit, he just goes by other names when doing them. I think it was Fader that i read that on.

Ah. Well, that explains it.

Not surprising, he is a master at looking like a completely different person in every single picture too.

thabiz

Okay I'm back like cooked crack...I downloaded Mac and Cheese 3, The Struggle Continues, Nose Candy, Black Narcissus, Salvation, and By Any Means Necessary.

Will be back with impressions soon.

Pause Time is off the charts.

Dag is top 5. Sick tape.

Quartermaine - Quarter Life Crisis in case you missed it. I think you would be down with this.

siddx

I'm gonna attribute you indirectly calling spitta and Bronson 99 cent store rappers to your Alzheimer's

Calling Currensy a 99 cent rapper is giving him too much credit, dude is two rusted pennies in some fat bitches asscrack. Bronson isn't A list by any means but he's better than a 99 cent rapper.

Esch

Banned
Calling Currensy a 99 cent rapper is giving him too much credit, dude is two rusted pennies in some fat bitches asscrack. Bronson isn't A list by any means but he's better than a 99 cent rapper.
dmx 2012

also that ninja game is great highly recommended thanks gafhop

IrishNinja

didnt know gaf-hop slept on stoned immaculate...huh

makes sense though, some of ya'll acting like this Wu Block ain't nice either

siddx

I didn't sleep on Stoned Immaculate, but it did put me to sleep by the end of it.

Well at least you got to the end, I commend you on that. I don't think I got through the first verse before I was passed the fuck out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo I got that exclusive look at the cover and theme of Curren$y's next tape:

tumblr_m9ns7gS3ow1r5ytyd.jpg

IrishNinja

gaf-hop lullabys

stoned immaculate
anything by blu
roots' undun
common - dreamer, believer

i hope everyone has 2chainz on their alarm clock to help stay awake because if shit doesnt provide a lilbcooking.gif ya'll act like birds with a blanket over ya cage

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been listening to The Dreamer, The Believer recently and it's still got a ton of great songs on there, but I can see why it didn't stick for long when it came out.

Roots albums all are alright for the first two listens then you have no motivation to ever go back.

Fuck that noise, I loved Undun and listen to a few tracks from it every now and then.

I haven't listened to it in a year. Good album but not the definitive album some tried to make it out as. GKMC accomplishes so much of what it tried to do, quite easily, while also being sonically impressive. My problem with The Roots is that while they make damn good music, it's so...unimaginative most of the time. They are all VERY good musicians; it's not like Questlove is the only badass in the band. Yet their stuff usually sounds rather straight forward - typical piano/keys, horns, etc while Quest does his thing on the drums.

That's why I love Game Theory. It's a very dark album that takes some chances and has a frantic energy to it. I really like How I Got Over too, even though much of it is typical Roots in terms of compositions; still it does have some dope beats like Walk Alone and the Newsom sample on Right On.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
gaf-hop lullabys

stoned immaculate
anything by blu
roots' undun
common - dreamer, believer

i hope everyone has 2chainz on their alarm clock to help stay awake because if shit doesnt provide a lilbcooking.gif ya'll act like birds with a blanket over ya cage

Don't get all Recon on us

HiiiLife

I still prefer Spitta over Wiz but I just deleted a shitload of songs from him off my iPhone. Went from at least 200 to less than 50 and I'm still going. He definitely seems like a quantity over quality kind of artist. That or I just lack the patience to listen to all 100 of his mixtapes.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

.... thats too much curren$y hate for no good reason

Currency was better when he was on No Limit

I could see you saying he did his best work with Dame but even then Covert Coup happened and then Cigarette Boats. Curren$y proved all he needs is a good beat but honestly most rappers do. Give him credit for knowing this and seeking good beats out for his projects.

DominoKid

If JE wasn't on the track w/ him (idk if he was) then its not a renegade situation. Lets not try and make that into a thing. Let nas have something lol.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I could see you saying he did his best work with Dame but even then Covert Coup happened and then Cigarette Boats. Curren$y proved all he needs is a good beat but honestly most rappers do. Give him credit for knowing this and seeking good beats out for his projects.

he doesn't do much with those beats..

Even guys like Gucci, who lack talent, know how to make some hot fire with good beats.

Also Harry is overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom