• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
i dont know what cudi moves first week but he puts out songs titled Undress Me and shit and yall are how i know theres male demographic for that

he'll be fine

Cudi will always sell to white kids.

Didn't Sean's single (Guap) flop? I'm not sure he's as popular as people think. Overall GOOD is worse than MMG in terms of sales potential. At least Wale has big records and went gold, Meek will probably be gold by the end of the year.

Nobody fucks with Pusha T, nobody cares about Common, etc

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Really like Poppy 7. Big fan of the dance hall/reggae stuff.

Confession: Freaks (French/Nicki) is really growing on me. Love the beat.

Thanks...

I wish the dancehall scene would come back...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cudi will always sell to white kids.

Didn't Sean's single (Guap) flop? I'm not sure he's as popular as people think. Overall GOOD is worse than MMG in terms of sales potential. At least Wale has big records and went gold, Meek will probably be gold by the end of the year.

Nobody fucks with Pusha T, nobody cares about Common, etc
Guap has more than a decent amount of views on YT, more than Marvin & Chardonnay which was HUGE. Also mentioned on the last page are all the CS hits he had, which can't be ignored. Nobody is forgetting those verses as those songs owned the summer (not much competition either really).

GOOD is pretty much the same as MMG going forward, but GOOD in the same timeframe has had bigger hits than MMG. John Legend and CuDi easily outperformed Wale and Meek, and did numbers for a lot longer than I expect both of those guys' careers to exist.

Macca

MTV Cribs: TDE Edition.

Q is such a funny mofo. This is such a well produced video.

Lmfao @ Ab-Soul being that mofucka that's always just chilling and eating offa other ninjas kill.
Hcwlwjh.gif

Esch

Banned
Yall can eat a dick. That heroin addled wet nurse looks nothing like me.

He does look like Discotheque, ol 98 lb lightskin pakistani dude.

iavi

Yay Yay's grown on me like a motherfucker. It's ended up living up to the hype I built up off of that sample heard in the studio vid.

T Dollarz

Man, I keep walking past this album at Best Buy and it's upsetting me now thinking about it. I hear this is Jeezy's classic album right here. I got to pick it up tomorrow after work.

Just revisited it today. So fucking good. Best trap album ever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Semi-related: I listened to Cancer For Cure today.

S'okay, and that's mostly because of El-P's ability as an MC. I feel his voice and mic presence don't complement the production very well at all, and it's especially noticeable in the first half of the album. Sometimes the production is just overpowering, or the verses don't quite match the instrumental, it's hard to explain but I think y'all know that feeling. Favourite cut is Drones Over Bklyn tho. Son goes in on that.

EDIT: I was actually going through a lot of Jeezy's discography today and I had this revelation that he really is that dude making street music. He is the man who speaks for the streets like 50 once was. And he's survived and been consistent in the game so long I'd think he's a legend for people in the South.

hubes

Guap has more than a decent amount of views on YT, more than Marvin & Chardonnay which was HUGE. Also mentioned on the last page are all the CS hits he had, which can't be ignored. Nobody is forgetting those verses as those songs owned the summer (not much competition either really).

GOOD is pretty much the same as MMG going forward, but GOOD in the same timeframe has had bigger hits than MMG. John Legend and CuDi easily outperformed Wale and Meek, and did numbers for a lot longer than I expect both of those guys' careers to exist.

people aint gonna buy albums cause some dude calling himself B I G had a verse on kanye west songs. seans got no buzz so unless his next single is one of the biggest of all time he will be closer to 100 than 200.

PBY

Banned
people aint gonna buy albums cause some dude calling himself B I G had a verse on kanye west songs. seans got no buzz so unless his next single is one of the biggest of all time he will be closer to 100 than 200.

Cmon man, Sean has pretty good buzz as far as hip hop goes. I think hed sell 200 just off Guap.

hubes

Cmon man, Sean has pretty good buzz as far as hip hop goes. I think hed sell 200 just off Guap.

you think he could sell 200 of a 6 month old single that topped out at 17 on billboard rap songs?

i just dont think hes gained much popularity at all since finally famous and that only did 87.. i dont see him doubling that let alone tripling it for 250

PBY

Banned
you think he could sell 200 of a 6 month old single that topped out at 17 on billboard rap songs?

i just dont think hes gained much popularity at all since finally famous and that only did 87.. i dont see him doubling that let alone tripling it for 250

FF dropped summer '11. In those 2 years Big Sean has made huuuuuuuuuuge strides with regards to his image/brand/etc.

Shit 2 Chainz did 147, and hes sold over 500k now- no way Big Sean does much less than that.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Sean sucks sweaty baboon testicles, but he gets crazy radio play. If you think he won't sell from Kanye promotion, massively radio-friendly singles and launching during the summer...well, you're not paying much attention to the business side of shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Those were not just any other verses. He opened Mercy and laced it with quotables, and he has a pretty good buzz.

Sean is at the level where he doesn't need that new artist buzz because people know who he is from A$$/My Last/Mercy. He's penetrated the market and held his own on a song with Jay-Z that was huge without having a video. People know he's a player in the game, and his appeal has definitely grown post-FF. A$$ wasn't even released as a single, nor a video was put out until MONTHS after the album dropped, just to give some perspective.

He isn't the hottest he can be right now and Guap isn't *that* single, but I really believe Sean has hits for days in him. If he has another A$$ he'll do 250 EASY. If he has another hit, even on Mula's level, he'll do 150 easy.

Blackace

Isn't it poppin in some places in Japan? I thought there were big fans of dancehall there.

And yeah good mix.

J-Reggae is it's own beast... It's good but it isn't like the old dancehall scene from before

Blackace

Mercy topped #1 on Billboard and it was more his song than anyone else's..

I think he will do ok..

Meek is at 300,000+ I think he is a good comparison

plus his first album peaked at number 3..

Macca

Avatar bet then. I say Sean will sell over 150k. If I'm right, you use the avatar of my choosing. If I'm wrong, I'll happily use one of your choosing. 3 months.

Blackace

Avatar bet then. I say Sean will sell over 150k. If I'm right, you use the avatar of my choosing. If I'm wrong, I'll happily use one of your choosing. 3 months.

ohhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom