• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
xcom.png

will add some more GAFers later. I got graphics turned down but I'll play on high tomorrow, see how that works

SadAli

Neo Member
Man, I keep walking past this album at Best Buy and it's upsetting me now thinking about it. I hear this is Jeezy's classic album right here. I got to pick it up tomorrow after work.

2005 was a a strong year for Rap albums but this was at the top of my list at the time. Should really see how it stands up today as I suspect it'll still sound fantastic.

codhand

I might be seeing that big boi / killer mike tour on 4/20. Anybody here been to either one of their shows?
I saw KM last year with El producto, I came away being like, Killer Mike has more hits than I realized....It was great due to lots of love in the room between El, KM, Mr. mf eX

wtf at his chest

ha dead wrong man.
AF is the man, regardless of his level of gynecomastia

PD, scust at that screenshot, time to upgrade that voodoo fx graphics chip

hubes

Avatar bet then. I say Sean will sell over 150k. If I'm right, you use the avatar of my choosing. If I'm wrong, I'll happily use one of your choosing. 3 months.

o gawwwwwd even tho i just said he'd do less than 150 i think theres a 90% chance of him landing in the 160 range. but ill take the bet
TMCr3cQ.png

mooooose

In a world where Rocky debuts at 130k, you have to be SHITTING me if you don't think Big Sean is going to do like 200+ first week. Dude was on MERCY and had the most memorable verse, dude said swerve and shit. Dude said oh gawd and compared himself to biggie next to Hov. Dude had ASS. Dude had a song with Bieber. You guys are out of touch.

PBY

Banned
In a world where Rocky debuts at 130k, you have to be SHITTING me if you don't think Big Sean is going to do like 200+ first week. Dude was on MERCY and had the most memorable verse, dude said swerve and shit. Dude said oh gawd and compared himself to biggie next to Hov. Dude had ASS. Dude had a song with Bieber. You guys are out of touch.

its okay, hubes bout to have a Big Sean My Little Pony avatar

Esch

Banned

Pretty much, although I'll say that I really dont see a core fanbase for Sean that moves units. On any internet community or real life. His singles do pop with girls so if his album manages to do that on like 4 track 200k is definitely a possiblity.

hubes gonna lose though for sure.

hubes

fuckin problems is wayyyyyyyy bigger than guap tho. an interesting battle could happen in june if sean and cole both release like wiki says. i think cole will get him.

mooooose

fuckin problems is wayyyyyyyy bigger than guap tho. an interesting battle could happen in june if sean and cole both release like wiki says. i think cole will get him.
ASS was much bigger than Fuckin Problems and Guap was a mixtape single MOSTLY. Goldie was not as big as Guap, if you want to compare Big Sean's situation to Rocky's.

Sean is going to kill it. You're bugging if you think otherwise.

Ontop of that, Sean has an image now. When Finally Famous came out all he had was his jacked/outdated flow to be known for and the fact that he was a skinny dude who wore BBC. Now he's a goth ninja, GOOD is stronger than ever, he is a self declared GOAT who people know about, he is known for talking about ass, he has memorable adlibs.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Know what's funny about Fuckin Problems? Everybody who has ever talked about it calls it that Kendrick song. Most people think that shit is the follow up single to Drank

mooooose

It sounds like anyone's song except Rocky's. But it doesn't matter because it got Rocky's name into the mainstream. Just being among them and being a decent looking dude was enough.

ALSO about Sean, Weezy picked him out as the original lead single to INAHB2. And that shit has more views on Youtube than Fuckin Problems and got a lot of radio play. Also Guap has nearly 10 million views to Fuckin Problems 15 mil.

I know Fuckin Problems gets way more radio play and has sold more records but still you can't deny people aren't listening for Big Sean. Dude will undeniably sell records.

To Esch, he appeals to the dumb sneakerhead market kinda kids and girls. Frat bro type dudes who LOVE rap. Those dudes still like him.

mooooose

Bodgea BAMZ can't blow up for shit despite how solid his efforts have been. It's weird.

Thrilla - Bodega BAMZ ft Flatbush Zombies
P.A.P.I. - BAMZ
Say Amen - BAMZ ft ASAP Ferg (he's not that bad)

He's well supported by the NY underground, he has beats and an inhouse producer and a good sound, and he fills the Latino NY niche. He spits good enough but mostly he's charismatic and has a competent sound. I hope he blows up.

I know RATKING will blow up out of nowhere and steal all of Death Grip's spotlight but that's just a matter of time.

iavi

Bodega Bamz isn't charismatic at all. His getting with better known ft's does and doesn't do him any favors.

HiResDes

Bodgea BAMZ can't blow up for shit despite how solid his efforts have been. It's weird.

Thrilla - Bodega BAMZ ft Flatbush Zombies
P.A.P.I. - BAMZ
Say Amen - BAMZ ft ASAP Ferg (he's not that bad)

He's well supported by the NY underground, he has beats and an inhouse producer and a good sound, and he fills the Latino NY niche. He spits good enough but mostly he's charismatic and has a competent sound. I hope he blows up.

I know RATKING will blow up out of nowhere and steal all of Death Grip's spotlight but that's just a matter of time.

If Ratking ever learns how to change his voice or to deepen his pitch he's going to be unstoppable, he's probably the best young rhymer technically, like he's so good he could rap circles around Earl.

mooooose

If Ratking ever learns how to change his voice or to deepen his pitch he's going to be unstoppable, he's probably the best young rhymer technically, like he's so good he could rap circles around Earl.
Wiki blows my mind. He can rap circles around anyone even trying right now. It's crazy how unnoticed he's going in the rap world.

mooooose

Dipset really dropped the ball in 2010. They had Araabmuzik in house and unknown and had just gotten back together and dropped Salute, which is obviously trance based and sounded completely different from anything out at the time. They could've rode that EDM wave into the mainstream and made guap but instead Juelz was too focused on being a coke head, Vado was lazy, and Cam quickly became discouraged and said fuck all of them again. Jim Jones is the only person from Dipset who has put in work month after month. They could've had their come back but now too much time has passed, and putting out songs like this would be be corny, Araabmuzik is much bigger than Dipset is, and lyrically Juelz has only gotten worse.

What a fucking shame. I must've listened to this song thousands of times and drove my ex girlfriend up the fucking wall with it. 2010 was a great year for Cam.

mooooose

Yeah I would actually concur, but his voice is going to be a problem.
He kinda sounds like Eminem. I was honestly never that bothered by it. I think he needs to articulate better on some stuff though.
Never heard ratking school me with his best song.
Wikispeaks is a good example of his technical prowess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9QdEfruq_0

Wiki is their main MC and he's 18 or something. Hak is their other rapper I think, he's not as good, but he's good at hooks. Sporting Life is their producer and he has been making some weird fucking grunge/industrial/death grips sounding beats but with soul samples and shit. It's really weird and amazing. Their talent is amazing. They just recorded their album with Young Guru and they are signed to XL. They WILL be a problem.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not enough to make a judgment like peter said, but Solo Dolo Part II sounds exactly how I didn't want it to sound :| Getting Kendrick to do your hook when your CuDi :|

Red Eye at least sounds good, as does the Ratatat outro. The production otherwise is kind of goofy for my tastes, maybe too much production from CuDi himself sounds like it wasn't the way to go.

Dipset really dropped the ball in 2010. They had Araabmuzik in house and unknown and had just gotten back together and dropped Salute, which is obviously trance based and sounded completely different from anything out at the time. They could've rode that EDM wave into the mainstream and made guap but instead Juelz was too focused on being a coke head, Vado was lazy, and Cam quickly became discouraged and said fuck all of them again. Jim Jones is the only person from Dipset who has put in work month after month. They could've had their come back but now too much time has passed, and putting out songs like this would be be corny, Araabmuzik is much bigger than Dipset is, and lyrically Juelz has only gotten worse.

What a fucking shame. I must've listened to this song thousands of times and drove my ex girlfriend up the fucking wall with it. 2010 was a great year for Cam.
I think it's more of araabMUZIK not wanting to do beats for rap acts and wanting to make electronic music period, but yeah there's a lot that they fucked up on. I can't believe Salute was 2+ years ago o_O

mooooose

This is a leak off their new album RATKING - So It Goes and it's really fucking great. Crazy fucking great. I can't wait for the CDQ.

I think it's more of araabMUZIK not wanting to do beats for rap acts and wanting to make electronic music period, but yeah there's a lot that they fucked up on. I can't believe Salute was 2+ years ago o_O
If he's eating, he's eating. If Dipset blew up (which they probably would've) then he would be eating. He's still signed to Duke Da God and Dipset so Cam is probably still eating off him and doesn't care.

Esch

Banned
hmmm. true. hypebeast type dudes love big sean. but since hypebeasts are p. much pieces of human toilet paper i never think about em.

mooooose

Yo this is probably my favorite Wiki song, though not as quite as technically impressive.
I think the most impressive part is he seemingly doesn't try to be technical, it just happens. It makes when he spits more traditionally not so jarring and just as impressive.

If Odd Future are the dudes who were raised on Supreme LA, RATKING are the dudes who were raised on Supreme NY.

That makes sense to me, idk if it'll make sense to any of you guys.

HiResDes

Well people asked me to do it, so I did it, thought about retiring it for good and just doing my general wrapup thing that I started this year. It doesn't take me as long as it used to, so it's cool if it doesn't get any replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom