• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
heres to hoping that when were all 35 and unhappy we wont be trolling on the internet like SwagJesus

shameless

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
heres to hoping that when were all 35 and unhappy we wont be trolling on the internet like SwagJesus

shameless

lol every thread needs it's joke poster nobody listens to, likes, or pay attentions to beyond telling to stfu. We lost //big, now all we have is swagjeebus.

Avatar bet then. I say Sean will sell over 150k. If I'm right, you use the avatar of my choosing. If I'm wrong, I'll happily use one of your choosing. 3 months.

o gawwwwwd even tho i just said he'd do less than 150 i think theres a 90% chance of him landing in the 160 range. but ill take the bet
TMCr3cQ.png

Bad move Hubes.... Bad move. Never go up against Macca when it comes to this shit.

For so long I though 2chainz verse on All Gold Everything was terrible. But now shits stuck in my head for days and I been listening to the song alot.

Whats happening to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bad move Hubes.... Bad move. Never go up against Macca when it comes to this shit.

For so long I though 2chainz verse on All Gold Everything was terrible. But now shits stuck in my head for days and I been listening to the song alot.

Whats happening to me.
There's no 2Chainz verse on All Gold Everything. That's Euro Slimm.

thabiz

1271345339-1.jpg

Phonaesthetics

Phonaesthetics - "The study of the inherent pleasantness (euphony) of the sound of certain words, phrases, and sentences. Poetry is considered euphonic, as is well-crafted literary prose. Important phonaesthetic devices of poetry are rhyme, assonance and alliteration."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Sounds like Cudi is smoking weed again.

Someone should introduce him to ambient/noise/found sounds music. He'd probably do well.

iavi

Araabmuzik's actual tracks NEVER go as hard as when that motherfucker is just jamming. I want a full tape of him just improving.

I am going to see dude in SF on the 26th, though. Should get exactly the kind of shit I like to hear there.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Araabmuzik's actual tracks NEVER go as hard as when that motherfucker is just jamming. I want a full tape of him just improving.

I am going to see dude in SF on the 26th, though. Should get exactly the kind of shit I like to hear there.

That's one thing that is good about him. He's reliable to get shit goin at a live show. Haven't been disappointed the last 2 times I saw Araabmuzik.

Thoughts on God's Son? Just listened for the first time in awhile. It's weird, the album starts so strong with four dope tracks/beats. Then the next few tracks are pretty weak, although I like I Can despite it's cheesiness. Book Of Rhymes is weak, admit it. In fact most of Alchemist's beats on this album are questionable. Mastermind? the fuck

The album ends pretty strong though. Warrior Song, Revolutionary Warfare, Heaven, Pussy Kills. Even the Swizz song at the end is nice.

3.5 mics out of 5

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He kinda sounds like Eminem. I was honestly never that bothered by it. I think he needs to articulate better on some stuff though.

Wikispeaks is a good example of his technical prowess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9QdEfruq_0

Wiki is their main MC and he's 18 or something. Hak is their other rapper I think, he's not as good, but he's good at hooks. Sporting Life is their producer and he has been making some weird fucking grunge/industrial/death grips sounding beats but with soul samples and shit. It's really weird and amazing. Their talent is amazing. They just recorded their album with Young Guru and they are signed to XL. They WILL be a problem.

M..Marshall? Lol, he's dope. Thank you good sirs.

T Dollarz

Thoughts on God's Son? Just listened for the first time in awhile. It's weird, the album starts so strong with four dope tracks/beats. Then the next few tracks are pretty weak, although I like I Can despite it's cheesiness. Book Of Rhymes is weak, admit it. In fact most of Alchemist's beats on this album are questionable. Mastermind? the fuck

The album ends pretty strong though. Warrior Song, Revolutionary Warfare, Heaven, Pussy Kills. Even the Swizz song at the end is nice.

3.5 mics out of 5

I've actually never listened to it. Is it better or worse than Life Is Good?

Complex's Best Rapper Alive List Since 1979:

1979: Grandmaster Caz
1980: Kurtis Blow
1981: Kool Moe Dee
1982: Melle Mel
1983: Run
1984: Run
1985: LL Cool J
1986: KRS-One
1987: Rakim
1988: Slick Rick
1989: Big Daddy Kane
1990: Ice Cube
1991: Q-Tip
1992: Redman
1993: Snoop Doggy Dogg
1994: Nas
1995: The Notorious B.I.G.
1996: 2Pac
1997: The Notorious B.I.G.
1998: DMX
1999: Jay-Z
2000: Eminem
2001: Jay-Z
2002: Eminem
2003: 50 Cent
2004: T.I.
2005: Young Jeezy
2006: Lil Wayne
2007: Kanye West
2008: Lil Wayne
2009: Jay-Z
2010: Kanye West
2011: Drake
2012: Drake

2013: Kendrick Lamar

Wow

ecurbj

2005 was a a strong year for Rap albums but this was at the top of my list at the time. Should really see how it stands up today as I suspect it'll still sound fantastic.
I picked it up today like I said I would after work. It was the last copy they had. I got it for $10. I mean its a classic album from Jeezy from what I hear and it deserves a spot in my CD collection. So I copped it. I'm uploading it to iTunes now and will give it a listen in a few.

I liked 103 but it seems water downed to mainstream in comparison to what I was hearing in the videos I quoted on the last page. It seems Jeezy goes in on the 101 album than 103.

Detox

Nah God's Son is a solid 8/10, Jigga stans step back with your sneak attack

I gave it all up so I can chill at home with mama
She was getting old and sick so I stayed beside her
We had the best times, she asked would I make more songs
I told her not til I see her health get more strong
In the middle of that, Jay tried to sneak attack
Assassinate my character, degrade my hood
Cause in order for him to be the Don, Nas had to go
The Gam-B-I-N-O rules I understood
What y'all want, see, I already had
The Gift and The Curse? Fuck that shit, the first shall be last
I'm the man's man, a rapper's rapper
G-O-D S-O-N, they'll be none after
I was Scarface, Jay was Manolo
It hurt me when I had to kill him and his whole squad for dolo

SwagJesus

Banned
Nah God's Son is a solid 8/10, Jigga stans step back with your sneak attack

I gave it all up so I can chill at home with mama
She was getting old and sick so I stayed beside her
We had the best times, she asked would I make more songs
I told her not til I see her health get more strong
In the middle of that, Jay tried to sneak attack
Assassinate my character, degrade my hood
Cause in order for him to be the Don, Nas had to go
The Gam-B-I-N-O rules I understood
What y'all want, see, I already had
The Gift and The Curse? Fuck that shit, the first shall be last
I'm the man's man, a rapper's rapper
G-O-D S-O-N, they'll be none after
I was Scarface, Jay was Manolo
It hurt me when I had to kill him and his whole squad for dolo

I remember this line. Thinking about it now makes me lol.

Esch

Banned
you know what? I think i'm gonna listen to nothing but Pac tonight. Just Pac for like 4 hours while i do some work.

8/10 for Gods Son is a little high. Its a 5 or 6 at best. I dare you to sit through that whole album without skipping any songs. It cant be done.

Some good songs no doubt, but the filler is terrible.

Its a lot harder to enjoy a nice steak with a piece of dog shit on the same plate.

MMaRsu

8/10 for Gods Son is a little high. Its a 5 or 6 at best. I dare you to sit through that whole album without skipping any songs. It cant be done.

Some good songs no doubt, but the filler is terrible.

Its a lot harder to enjoy a nice steak with a piece of dog shit on the same plate.

That's harsh, only two tracks that deserve a skip in my opinion.

Detox

I don't fuck with Hey Nas, Zone Out. Book of Rhymes is ok and the rest is great, Dance is severely underrated it hits me in the right spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom