• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Goin Hamilton hook is one of the best this year. If Montana or some other cheese used it everybody would be quoting it right now.

Riff raff is judged way too much by his goofy ass look, moving past that and he already has some legitimately good songs

Well at least he's working with drake and future now, but I hope someday he gets on some hooks like future.

Being able to write a good hook is one thing. Being able to deliver it is another. Those cheese have mastered how to deliver

I don't really judge on looks I do think Riff-Raff is not a good of an artist

lil mama i'm sorry was good delivery.

anyways worst hook i've heard recently was probably french montana's on that pusha t record. it doesn't matter, it doesn't mattoooow

i like the dude sometimes but he was extra slurring on that one.

DominoKid

^that's what made that hook brilliant.

cool graphic
109sx.gif

Esch

Banned
So I've been listening to this new KRIT tape and i'ma be real with y'all. Shit is real mediocre. KRIT looking like a boxer coming back from getting knocked out cold with a shit performance, winning on points on some dodgy judges shit. Some 6/10 shit at best. This dude basically just treading water. I can't stomach another LP of this dude talking about his boring ass life, his forced ass conscious steez (meditate is corny as fuck), his cadillac.... I don't get a single iota of the praise for this tape. The beats on this pretty much run together and sound like an amalgamation of his previous work. I'm actually laughing at how similar Only One sounds like a discount ass Money On the Floor, it's like that track farted and Only One is the smell that comes out of the couch 6 months later.

I couldnt even finish this it bored me so much. probably bout to slam dunk it in the recycle bin

Esch

Banned
It's not even like Spitta doing the same thing over and over again in new wrappings. Since he produces all his shit and pretty much refuses to leave the 2 lanes he's good at, his entire catalogue runs together so badly. What happened to all the looks we got in Wuz Here? What happened to the fun aspect of the whole thing? He's even lost his knack for production.

That Eddie B mixtape takes a nice comfortable shit on this one.

eddie b tape was beautiful. if only for the beats and features though.

the dude himself did a serviceable job but he was complementing the beats more than the other way around. reminded me of smoke dza where i only really like the dude's songs for the production and guest features.

will check out the big krit tape later tonight.

edit: maybe i should give him another chance though, i was head bobbing too much to michael landon beat to even notice any of the rappers.

thabiz

im just floored by the fact that people want more Future. you shouldnt be complaining about that track only being a snippet. you should be on your knees praising jebus. thank all the gods you have to suffer through only a small taste.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's not even like Spitta doing the same thing over and over again in new wrappings. Since he produces all his shit and pretty much refuses to leave the 2 lanes he's good at, his entire catalogue runs together so badly. What happened to all the looks we got in Wuz Here? What happened to the fun aspect of the whole thing? He's even lost his knack for production.

Even in spite of your critique being mostly true. You have to admit he has made some of the most beautiful music in the last few years.

Esch

Banned
eddie b tape was beautiful. if only for the beats and features though.

the dude himself did a serviceable job but he was complementing the beats more than the other way around. reminded me of smoke dza where i only really like the dude's songs for the production and guest features.

Na, the songs were well written. The hooks were good, the songs flowed together well, the verses had their bon mots, basically everything KRIT can't do.
Even in spite of your critique being mostly true. You have to admit he has made some of the most beautiful music in the last few years.
Maybe. he has like 10 songs that i still go back and listen to.

DominoKid

youre wild. i think he's found himself again, and i've never been shy about my feelings on his last 2 projects.

Esch

Banned
I'll give it another sitdown and the obligatory car listen but i havent been so
ld.png
about a tape for a minute. I dont feel like i'll come around on it

I loved KRIT's last mixtape but overall his style is kind of played out. I haven't listened to the new one yet, I'll give it a spin tonight. But that album really turned me off from KRIT, man...

All three of his mixtapes bleed together too. I agree with Esch. He's hurting himself by putting himself in a very small box. You know who else is doing that? Joey Badass...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I loved KRIT's last mixtape but overall his style is kind of played out. I haven't listened to the new one yet, I'll give it a spin tonight. But that album really turned me off from KRIT, man...

All three of his mixtapes bleed together too. I agree with Esch. He's hurting himself by putting himself in a very small box. You know who else is doing that? Joey Badass...
It sounds the most different from everything else he's done without question.

Content-wise its some new stuff and some of the same though. I never thought his content was an issue, dude is already diverse than 9%% of rappers out there.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

First lol at pheonix Pause that shit is hilarious

secondly idk guys like k.r.i.t aand Joey are underground artist with some mainstream appeal. I put them in the lane of groups like UGK or a joe buddens. Acts whose fans love them, and who get props from other more mainstream acts but who might have their own hit songs every few years and even those songs are mega hits outside of hip hop circles. With that said there is nothing wrong painting yourself in a corner.

Esch

Banned
How dare you compare UGK to Budden, KRIT, or Joey Bada$$. I'm the closest to offended i've ever been in this topic.

I listen to a lot of shit that one might argue is repetitive. GAF Hop has some Spitta haters who point out how one dimensional he is, but Esch hit the nail on the head: all his best projects feature a new musical canvas for him to express his love for cars, weed, backshots for the ex, shout outs to Roddy, weed man, going to the liquor store to get some more, paper, jets, planes, automobiles, buses, Cadillacs interests. It never gets old because he has a pretty crazy imagination and Alchemist sounds different from Ski Beats, who sounds different from Jet Life in-house producers, etc. But overall they all have the same mellow feel that I like.

Roc Marciano basically does the same shit too, right. But again, the wordplay and production keeps it fresh to me.

You know that feeling when you're listening to an album for the first time and you want to hear every track in order just to see how well it flows, but almost every other track is so dope you just have to repeat it, maybe even a couple of times?

Yeah, that's how I feel about the new K.R.I.T.

It took my whole willpower not to repeat talkin about nothing sooo gooodd.

cdyhybrid

Going to have to listen to it a few more times to really digest it, but my immediate reaction after the first listen is that there's some really good stuff in there, but some of it is just more of the same KRIT that I'm kinda burned out on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, I just realized why Spitta's hustle is so strong. Dude must outsource all of his rhymes to whoever is within arms reach at the time. He must have 6-10 average joes writers working on several projects at all times while he just tours. It's ingenious really, the profit margins are probably out of this world. It's like being Dre, Timbo or Ye, just you don't have to hire expensive talent, the major label taking a piece of your cheques or even do your part in collaborating, just get them to do the entire thing for you.

It all makes sense now. Truly a landmark MC of our time, and the quality supports it! I'm going to try my luck outside of his tour bus hoping he gets the need to be "creative."

Harry Fraud carries this Horsepower tape. Eddie B sounds super vanilla, and since the instrumentals are included on the 2nd half well............

PBY

Banned

I think KRIT is more similar to Spitta than you make it seem

Has anyone seen KRIT live? What's his playlist?

I think I might be able to see him on June. Can't fucking wait.

Yea I saw him a couple months ago in Toronto

Venue was small, but everyone there was hype. He played bangers and songs like The Vent.

After the concert he signed an autograph for everyone that stayed.

Great concert, too bad I was deathly sick during it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom