• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

Do you think white rappers are automatically at a disadvantage because they can't use the n-word?

edit: what an awkward first post of the page

CRS

Do you think white rappers are automatically at a disadvantage because they can't use the n-word?

iOOIZDE2fwrE5.gif

No. No. No.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

edit: what an awkward first post of the page

What else can they rhyme with "where is the trigger"?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Yeah, Big Sant is his hype man. Like Des mentioned, he has a great live set and has a nice flow to it. Hype tracks -> Slower tracks -> then finish super hype. His albums have the same format. They've always had a great pace to them.

Oh man I'm so fucking pumped . I hope the tickets don't sell out before I get paid so I can get mine and a Multi Till The Sun Die T-Shirt to go to the concert. I'd fucking love to get a copy of Live from the Underground vinyl signed.

Real talk- that does get awkward sometimes at shows.

you're telling me. I might have said this before, but I was at a schoolboy q show and when the beat for blessed came on he was saying how he doesn't care if you're black or white and that anybody can sing along even if it means saying the n-word. So I'm rapping along with him ya know getting all into it right in the front row and this black girl next to me keeps screaming GET OFF THE STAGE. PLAY HANDS ON THE WHEEL AND GET OFF THE STAGE YOU FATASS. No joke. So when she sees me (little white kid) saying the n word with schoolboy she flips. She was about to "smack me" and shit but I kept rapping along and eventually she got destroyed by the mob when asap came out. Still ruined part of the show for me, though. I don't know why you would go to a concert and just yell at the people performing

PBY

Banned
you're telling me. I might have said this before, but I was at a schoolboy q show and when the beat for blessed came on he was saying how he doesn't care if you're black or white and that anybody can sing along even if it means saying the n-word. So I'm rapping along with him ya know getting all into it right in the front row and this black girl next to me keeps screaming GET OFF THE STAGE. PLAY HANDS ON THE WHEEL AND GET OFF THE STAGE YOU FATASS. No joke. So when she sees me (little white kid) saying the n word with schoolboy she flips. She was about to "smack me" and shit but I kept rapping along and eventually she got destroyed by the mob when asap came out. Still ruined part of the show for me, though. I don't know why you would go to a concert and just yell at the people performing
Lmaoooo

I just awkwardly censor myself.

PBY

Banned
Hahaha, funny. I recall reading somewhere that Schoolboy Q actually hates that song too or hates performing it, either or.
First thing he said at my show was "y'all better be real fans, not just hear to see hands on the wheel"

iavi

You ever see dudes like that in the club?

I just feel bad for nikkas like this in the club out here in SF. Paid usually ridiculous cover fees to only go in, buy a drink, and watch ass. I've seen dudes spawncamp the same exact same spot all night.

Drunk, I nearly bought one of said spawncampers a consolation drink cause after the 10th time entering the room, I noticed his fuel was running low.

never have my feelings on q been summed up so succinctly
Lmao

Hearing the n word at concerts is funny. I went to a Lupe concert (obligatory fuck you, I had free tickets) a few years ago. During the chorus of The Coolest the white dudes were shook. The white girls don't give a shit, they just say it and laugh; kind of makes my dick get hard in a Freudian sense. But the white dudes were looking at me like I'm the gatekeeper. I don't really rap along at concerts though, I just sort of put my hands up with everyone, and instead of cheering after songs I just clap. Once it became clear I wasn't mad, the white boys started doing the chorus.

cdyhybrid

I gotta be honest, I haven't been in that situation yet but I'd probably sub in ninja or not say the line at all. Although there's a strong possibility I'd be too drunk to think about it.

SadAli

Neo Member
Approached the Krit with an open mind as always but just can't find anything about it that bangs. It's well produced, competently written and I think I even heard some proper hooks in there but it's also all so flat and boring.

I think it may be in part due to the effect Krit puts on his own voice, I know he's going for that laid back drawl but it always makes me feel like I'm listening to some late nineties Rawkus release, in a bad way. I've always been appreciative of his production skills but I even feel like this has been played out now, I knew what was going to happen with each track from the first few notes which is not necessarily a bad thing in principal but sadly in this case it was.

I'd probably be quite happy to have the whole thing play through as background music to something but I don't think I'd ever raise my head to ask what it was. Feels like coffee table rap to me.

Just my opinion though, not particularly looking to piss on anyone else's parade.

CRS

Approached the Krit with an open mind as always but just can't find anything about it that bangs. It's well produced, competently written and I think I even heard some proper hooks in there but it's also all so flat and boring.

I think it may be in part due to the effect Krit puts on his own voice, I know he's going for that laid back drawl but it always makes me feel like I'm listening to some late nineties Rawkus release, in a bad way. I've always been appreciative of his production skills but I even feel like this has been played out now, I knew what was going to happen with each track from the first few notes which is not necessarily a bad thing in principal but sadly in this case it was.

I'd probably be quite happy to have the whole thing play through as background music to something but I don't think I'd ever raise my head to ask what it was. Feels like coffee table rap to me.

Just my opinion though, not particularly looking to piss on anyone else's parade.

Go right ahead. People get heated but never take anything personally.

Blackace

Shine On... damn.. just want to jump in an 84 Lincoln and drive to a gas station

Blackace

Anyone got an ear for what he sampled on Only One or the beat that might have inspired it.. It sounds like something and I can't put a finger on it..

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Ok listened to big krit and I give it 7 out of ten since it solid. Once again some beautiful music is on this tape but a feq misses and also a few many retreads but considering how lackluster 2013 has been so far. This is a top 5 for me so far. REM, Shine on, serve this royalty, bigger picture and Multi are the standout tracks. If he had dropped 5 of the weaker tracks this could of been a 9/10 level project

codhand

Anyone got an ear for what he sampled on Only One or the beat that might have inspired it.. It sounds like something and I can't put a finger on it..

not sure what inspired it, dont think it's a sample though...
krit album is a krit album, sounds better than the last one which was ok, and got too much hate, but i still dont think he could make a hit if his life depended on it

Fave Songs
REM
Bigger Picture
Only One

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ok listened to big krit and I give it 7 out of ten since it solid. Once again some beautiful music is on this tape but a feq misses and also a few many retreads but considering how lackluster 2013 has been so far. This is a top 5 for me so far. REM, Shine on, serve this royalty, bigger picture and Multi are the standout tracks. If he had dropped 5 of the weaker tracks this could of been a 9/10 level project
There's a new krit tape eh?

Jay Sosa

That krit tape is average as fuck, easily his worst so far.

And Trinidad James AND Future? Really Krit?

Maybe I really am too old for this shit. Never thought the day would come.

Blackace

not sure what inspired it, dont think it's a sample though...
krit album is a krit album, sounds better than the last one which was ok, and got too much hate, but i still dont think he could make a hit if his life depended on it

Fave Songs
REM
Bigger Picture
Only One

Just sounds like another southern classic but can't put my finger on it..

Shine On is that joint for me.

To be honest all of KRIT's stuff is like 3 great songs 2 ok ones and filler...every album... But love those 3 great songs so much I don't care

Blackace

That krit tape is average as fuck, easily his worst so far.

And Trinidad James AND Future? Really Krit?

Maybe I really am too old for this shit. Never thought the day would come.

lol

codhand

Shine On is that joint for me.

To be honest all of KRIT's stuff is like 3 great songs 2 ok ones and filler...every album... But love those 3 great songs so much I don't care

shine on is good too, but id heard it a few weeks back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-56CNh5S7GU

lemme stap

sounds like some 8ball and mjg though, maybe something off early e fizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom