• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

He was born in the UK but grew up in the US. Turns out he had been living in the US for 30 plus years and wasn't a citizen lmao. So yea, he's probably fucked.

Yea that kinda shit, unless you get snuck in they can usually bar you from re-entry for up to ten years iirc. So if you've never seen MF Doom live, you probably won't till you have kids of your own lol.

late on this but new KRIT tape is his best project since return of 4eva.

juhhlahweek is a dope song. why the fuck is this some short ass snippet?

good 2getha is the best song on the tape though. and the final track is beautiful.

mooooose

Ay, gaf-hop, I've got a track here that I've been working on for a few weeks now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58148/Demo.mp3

Can you guys do me a favor and tell me what you think? Honest critiques too. I've listened to it so much, clarity's starting to disappear.

just make the drums normal and not so weird and get rid of that horrible static sound

if you want something to layer it and give it flair find something other than that jarring horrible static sound

PBY

Banned
If you like it, that's good. Need to listen to it still. Immortal is a pretty damn good song.
It's very strange. As I listen, I find myself having significant issues w the beats and lyrics. And yet I keep coming back. I've listened to it way way too much.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Serve This Royalty from KRIT's tape is some king sitting on his throne with gold crown on his head while smoking a fine cigar while getting a blowjob from a super model type of shit.

Speaking of the album, KRIT is selling it on his website, autographed, for $20. Give the man what he deserves for the amazing music.

CRS

Speaking of the album, KRIT is selling it on his website, autographed, for $20. Give the man what he deserves for the amazing music.

I would but I got a cheap ass CD-R in a plastic sleeve when I bought Return of 4Eva. Was a little dissappointed. I'll wait until they get an actual release or something.

Macca

I would but I got a cheap ass CD-R in a plastic sleeve when I bought Return of 4Eva. Was a little dissappointed. I'll wait until they get an actual release or something.
You got the remastered versions as well didn't you?

Dereck

Wasn't that the same with Control System/Habits & Contradictions?

CRS

That's weird since R4 does have actual packaging.

Are you sure you're not confusing the Nature Sounds release with the CDs K.R.I.T. was selling from his site?

The remastered releases on Nature Sounds has much better packaging. Hell, it HAD packaging.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I haven't bought the CDs from his site. But I've seen KRIT Wuz Here and R4 with actual packaging on my local music store. I'm definitely getting them btw since the version of Wuz Here I have sounds pretty low and that version is supossed to be remastered.

mooooose

Rocky is a weird dude. Dude likes Coldplay and Gnarls Barkley much more than the regular rap scene.

Also I get annoyed whenever he and Tyler bitch about how much better their videos are than the cliche videos. More rap videos are original now than any other time in the 2000's. 2Chainz and Ye put out great videos last year that were better than ASAP's and a lot of Tyler's. Dudes should shut the fuck up.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wasn't that the same with Control System/Habits & Contradictions?

yep, I own HnC by ordering from TDE and it's a slim line case with a printout insert that bled through the otherside and a cd-r with basic font printing of the artist and album title... With a Q "autographed" on the disc.

CRS

I haven't bought the CDs from his site. But I've seen KRIT Wuz Here and R4 with actual packaging on my local music store. I'm definitely getting them btw since the version of Wuz Here I have sounds pretty low and that version is supossed to be remastered.

Okay. Yeah, so I'm not sure if it's better now (it probably isn't) but he was selling Wuz Here and Return of 4Eva on his website before the remastered were even known about. I think this was before he released 4Eva N A Day too. Well I bought a copy of Return of 4eva to show my support and turns out, they were CD-Rs with the front etched in a plastic CD sleeve. I wasn't too irritated cause I was glad to support K.R.I.T..

Jay Sosa

Better than Fishscale?

Come back son. Come back. You've gone to far..

Absolutely.

Don't like Fishscale..bought it after reading great things about it..listened to it for few days and then never again.

Have to add that I never was the biggest Ghost fan only bought Apollo Kids cause it was 5 bucks and was really surprised at how good it is.

what are the best 5 tracks?

The only one I really like after the first few listens is the one with Trinidad James.

Dereck

What does GAF-Hop think about this album?

images

Kwixotik

Yea that kinda shit, unless you get snuck in they can usually bar you from re-entry for up to ten years iirc. So if you've never seen MF Doom live, you probably won't till you have kids of your own lol.

Knowing Doom, he's 100% capable of doing a US tour while sitting on his ass in London. Even if you see him live, you don't see him live.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I can't believe I'm asking this but is the new Tyga album worth getting? Tyga makes me want to find a bear to fuck my ears to death, but he has a knack for good beat selection and catchy hooks.
I'm just not sure I can get past Tyga aka the Lil Wayne stunt double.

Oh and anything other than Krit come out over the last week?
I have been busy as fuck last month or two.

Macca

I can't believe I'm asking this but is the new Tyga album worth getting? Tyga makes me want to find a bear to fuck my ears to death, but he has a knack for good beat selection and catchy hooks.
I'm just not sure I can get past Tyga aka the Lil Wayne stunt double.

Oh and anything other than Krit come out over the last week?
I have been busy as fuck last month or two.
Rittz.

Jay Sosa

As I suspected the Krit is growing on me, still disappointing by Krit standards but hey it's free music. Love the sample on til the sun die plus I'm a sucker for spoken intros/outros (Big Rube comes to mind)

and tygas alright, nice flow great beats and funny videos, can't hate on that little guy.

Macca

As I suspected the Krit is growing on me, still disappointing by Krit standards but hey it's free music. Love the sample on til the sun die plus I'm a sucker for spoken intros/outros (Big Rube comes to mind)

and tygas alright, nice flow great beats and funny videos, can't hate on that little guy.
I wasn't feeling the slower songs too much. He did them better on 4eva. But the bangers came correct.

Also, best spoken intro/outro totally goes to Common on MotM1

Jay Sosa

Ay, gaf-hop, I've got a track here that I've been working on for a few weeks now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58148/Demo.mp3

Can you guys do me a favor and tell me what you think? Honest critiques too. I've listened to it so much, clarity's starting to disappear.

A bit boring and that chr chr sample is annoying..but it's a lot better than my shit ;)

Percussions need to be louder

Also, best spoken intro/outro totally goes to Common on MotM1

Ha! That was the first thing that came to mind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Knowing Doom, he's 100% capable of doing a US tour while sitting on his ass in London. Even if you see him live, you don't see him live.
Do people just go to his shows hoping to see the real him instead of a sea of Doom bots? Is it like some trading card game for grown men where they're hooked trying to get that rare shit?

Not had a real chance to listen to the new KRIT joint but I will on the way home.

Loving the quelle chris and doppelgangaz albums. My backlog on music is massive right now.

thabiz

last time Doom was in TO, he made the crowd wait 3 hours and only did a 40 min set. It was him, so i guess that counts for something.

OG Kush

so i like that new macklemore song cant hold us, the production is crazy. those horns. itll be #1 soon, those dudes have to be making crazy money.. and theyre independent

]

Yeh i actually enjoy the song, good production, sick hook, decent rhymes. Happy for them though, makes me happier that they;re doing all this while being independant.

Esch

Banned
thrift shop gets played every 2 or 3 hours here on the radio still. And in pop stations too.

im gonna lol when they start buying nice clothes

PBY

Banned
thrift shop gets played every 2 or 3 hours here on the radio still. And in pop stations too.

im gonna lol when they start buying nice clothes

Get ready for the same to happen to can't hold us, was on a road trip this past weekend, heard it over 5 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom