• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
this stupid chick is at it again smh
beli.png
A1Bny.png

jI45fNK.png

TBDQnQP.png

vhiATQP.png

PBY

Banned
This isn't a fully thought out theory- buuut I'm starting to think that rap among other genres, like pop, in some ways suffer from the distance that the artist has from the producer. For that reason, I think there's something unique about rappers that produce their albums. Maybe thats why I like indicud

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Wolf has to be the first album where the MP3 download is more expensive than the CD.

$13.99, come on son

Esch

Banned
I dunno why yall are saying it doesnt look like her. Eyes, lips, nose etc. Maybe its that dick being laid on one half of her face and the other half of her face being scrunched up stupidly thats throwing you off. Maybe its her weave being somewhere on the floor instead of her head.

yeshrug.png

This isn't a fully thought out theory- buuut I'm starting to think that rap among other genres, like pop, in some ways suffer from the distance that the artist has from the producer. For that reason, I think there's something unique about rappers that produce their albums. Maybe thats why I like indicud
You don't feel the same way when a producer does all the tracks?

OG Kush

Don't really get some of the hate towards the new KRIT.. yeah it ain't nothing revolutionary or anything, it is more of the same BUT I don't really mind. There's still like 10 dope tracks on this, and I feell its perfect for the better weather everyone is getting, putting me in the mood for summer.

I really think your onto something here.

Minus the Indicud thing obviously. But producers just emailing beats to rappers then gettign a reply with a verse and shit can in some cases sound very sterile and lifeless. When you get that collaboration, like people in the studio together you can hear that synergy on the records.

That's why old posse records were so dope Wu-Tang, Tribe etc etc.

Nowadays you know its just emalils flying around. Doesn't necessarily always make a difference, but sometimes it does.

Also on cars.. I drive a 98 Mazda 323f. Cheap, reliable, gets me where I need to go, space for my subs in the back. Great car all round.

Not mine, but the same thing.

Kams the only one round here with a rap-car?

CRS

I thought it was obvious that people phoning in verses never sounds great compared to an artist and producer in the same room.

I think Fraud mentioned in an interview that he prefers or only works when the artist in the studio and look at his track record. It shows.

Mac Miller produced that btw. I wish I was joking when I said this but I'm honestly kinda looking forward to what Mac does this year. Just listen to that beat man.
I thought it was obvious that people phoning in verses never sounds great compared to an artist and producer in the same room.

I think Fraud mentioned in an interview that he prefers or only works when the artist in the studio and look at his track record. It shows.

Yeah, he hates just emailing beats. Danny Brown hates just emailing verses too lol, but I'm sure he just started to accept it and said fuck it he'll get his money.

I really wish more producers would take this approach on board

CRS

Larry Fisherman is Mac Miller, gotta respect the guy.
What did he produce?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac Miller produced that btw. I wish I was joking when I said this but I'm honestly kinda looking forward to what Mac does this year. Just listen to that beat man.

Oh the Staples track. I'm actually really interested in his album if that Confessions of a Cash Register is a preview of what's to come.

He also had that psuedo-Jazz(?) album that he released under the same alias last year, I think.

Esch

Banned
yeah its those raider dudes. kinda hard to tell what they look like, seeing as how theyre smiling, not wearing sunglasses, there isnt a stupid ass purple filter over the picture etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom