• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Fishscale, More Fish, Big Doe Rehab, and Apollo Kids all came out in the last 8 years bro; they were either classic or good. Ghostface has been meh for a couple years.

I'm not hating on 12 Reasons to Die btw, it's not bad. It's just the album has almost no memorable lines to me, and the rapping has little energy. There are some great tracks; the second song on the album is great for instance.

I purposely included Fishscale because so much of it was ghost written and wasted features given to Trife and Sun God. Just because your son wants to be a rapper doesn't mean you put him on Pete Rock and DOOM beats.

Fishscale is an album of amazing instrumentals and mediocre Ghostface verses.

Bolded is so true. Honestly, it sounded like he said fuckit, and just put out a collection of unreleased tracks from his vault. Shit was so samey and lazy.

I know one of the songs was a song that didn't get cleared for Fishscale (Chunky, and it's an amazing song that was already 5 years old when it came out). It was a bunch of bullshit. Anyone who likes it will have their mind blown by Ironman, OB4CL, or Bulletproof Wallets.

I still can't forgive Pusha for dropping those Nardwuar records on the floor man

That was a dick move.

It was shit and even Ghost knew it. It was supposed to be a throw away mixtape but Ghost used it to get out of his contract with Def Jam.

Wizard of Poetry was better than a lot of Fishscale (brought down by theodore unit), More Fish (other than the DOOM songs), Big Doe Rehab, and Apollo Kids (by a country fucking mile).

So underrated. You aren't a real Ghost fan if you don't like it.

I liked Wizards of Emerald Coast Zone. Really not underrated by Ghost fans.

I thought Apollo kids was dope. If anything that was underrated. Yeah it was basically a mixtape, that didnt matter. Ghost is the type of rapper that a mixtape can pass for an album and still be good.

There was mad energy on that album. I loved it.

Jitters

Don't like the new Krit. During the first three tracks I thought this was actually going to be an enjoyable tape, but not so much. My Trunk is terrible. Most of the songs on here are very unremarkable.

I love how no one even mentions Wu-Massacre. 30 minute paycheck.

Only good thing about it was the artwork and Youngstown Heist

Wu-Massacre_Meth_Cover.jpg

I love how no one even mentions Wu-Massacre. 30 minute paycheck.

Only good thing about it was the artwork and Youngstown Heist

I did like Meth vs Chef 2 I must admit but yeah..... fuck that 'album'

This is true. Along with Kilo, RAGU, and Underwater. But the album's lows are so fucking low and disappointing.

The new Pusha beat is sick but Pusha is not good for it.

I liked him on Charlie Brown too which got killed due to samples but is a great track, the remix that was on one of Ghost's cash-in compilations was ass though.

With Pusha it's like I'm waiting for more MDBTF-caliber verses and he's done nothing but coast since.
I swear MDBTF put a curse on rappers.
Pusha hasn't been as strong since, neither has Jay, nor Nicki, nor CyHi, nor Kanye himself.....

Pusha T: Tell Hova don't pass the crown so soon
Unless he got a crown for every writer in the room

ok where is this from and I am not surprised at all Pusha Ghost writes for Jay.... He's been hinting at it for a while now.

Dude lol, Zeus, don't fall for this bullshit.

Tell Hova don't pass the crown so soon
There's too many spirits on these ghost-written tunes
So you can't crown the heir until you seance the room

That's the next two line. Pusha is implying that Jigga shouldn't pass the crown to a rapper he don't much about. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a Wayne diss because of the ghostwriting. But just lol at this fucking Nas stan trying to make it seem that way. You stay taking your Ls though.

Detox

Dude lol, Zeus, don't fall for this bullshit.

Tell Hova don't pass the crown so soon
There's too many spirits on these ghost-written tunes
So you can't crown the heir until you seance the room

That's the next two line. Pusha is implying that Jigga shouldn't pass the crown to a rapper he don't much about. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a Wayne diss because of the ghostwriting. But just lol at this fucking Nas stan trying to make it seem that way. You stay taking your Ls though.

Confucius says if a man purchased the very teeth u have in your mouth, u should NEVER speak ill of that man. Jay bought the food in Pusha's baby's mouth, you think he can speak more plain than that line? You can interpret it how you want it's all about perspective.

That Pusha T track sounds like something Tyler the Creator would rap over.

Confucius says if a man purchased the very teeth u have in your mouth, u should NEVER speak ill of that man. Jay bought the food in Pusha's baby's mouth, you think he can speak more plain than that line? You can interpret it how you want it's all about perspective.

Nah, you just get too pissed that Nas lost that you imagine everyone disses Jay when they mention his name. It's okay though, dude has been putting out weak verses, you don't need to reach and come up with bullshit outta nowhere.

royalan

I'm surprised you guys paid HRD dust when he tried to put y'all up on that new Cassie mixtape. She worked with a lot of names I see mentioned in here a lot.

NF8b5Xv.jpg

These BEATS
JoselineDances-1344440225.gif

hireswho?

i'll check out that cassie mixtape if it shows up on enzo's next quarterly wrapup. looks like it has some good features and producers though, will dl it later.

Barely was able to tell who the hell produced the mixtape because some dumbass decided to put their Twitter names instead of what they go by. I notice a TDE producer on there though.

That Kanye beat is cold.
I love how off-kilter the whole thing is, all the beat drop-outs, those rough irregularly positioned vocal samples, how Pusha's hook is near-wordless, even the "NO ARTWORK" artwork.
The whole thing is consciously odd, which just works for me.
It's fitting we were talking about RZA earlier because it reminds me of some of his left-field shit.

Jo Shishido's Cheeks needs to post in here more than just when something Timbaland related pops up.

I will man, I've just been fucking with Jazz heavily since last year so haven't heard any new hip-hop in a minute. I'm trying to catch up now though!

Anybody check out the couple of Black Milk singles from last week?
Not sure if it was posted.....

Computer Ugly Ugly / Why Worry

He's got an instrumental album dropping the the 20th as part of an audio/visual colab with Upendo Taylor called Synth or Soul.
It's shaping up to be pretty good.

1752113018a523a07ab08e4f42a27f848e4cc61b.jpg

SIDE A: SYNTH
1. Computer Ugly Ugly
2. When The Sky Falls
3. 600
4. Higgs Boson
5. Piano Moog

SIDE B: SOUL
6. 80′s TV Show
7. Why Worry
8. Deep Breath Deep Bass