• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

7987b920a30711e2ba8122000a1f9262_7.jpg

Welp, back to jail you go!

At least he has good trigger discipline!

dat last track on KRIT's mixtape oh lawd. unleash the strings, Guru
dayum.png

It definitely has many repetitive tracks I can't help but laugh at, but this mixtape has a handful of DOPE tracks.

njean777

Do you think white rappers are automatically at a disadvantage because they can't use the n-word?

edit: what an awkward first post of the page

To be honest I find it lazy when rappers end a rhyme with the N word. Especially if they overuse the word. I instantly and like umm, you couldn't come up with anything more imaginative? It makes sense on some bars though.

what are the best 5 tracks?

from the new mixtape

Good 2getha
King Without A Crown
Multi Till The Sun Die
How U Love That
Serve This Royalty

The album definitely has duds, like Talking Bout Nothing which sounds exactly like a track on his last mixtape. REM is such a bad sample job, and the Future and Trinidad James tracks are weak.

But I like how he has introduced a Curtis Mayfield element to his sound, it definitely feels refreshing. Many tracks sound like blaxploitation tracks instead of the more generic Krit sound.

Realised that I rarely ever have time to sit and listen to music through headphones.

Put those beats I got cheap up on the internet and had over 15 replies in the first hour.

Took the ad down, upped the price and put it back up. Sold them tonight for €200. Nice 120 profit for the weekend.

The demand for those things is fucking ridiculous.

CRS

Currently stuck in London due to visa problems; he can't get back into the US. He's sitting on tons of music but is too lazy to release shit. Madvillainy 2 coming...one day

:(

Stones Throw last line for the Madvillain re-release me laugh and sad.

In the store | Madvillain - Madvillainy 2LP

The vinyl release of MF DOOM & Madlib's Madvillainy has been out of print for some time now, but it is out of print no longer.

It's been a decade since MF DOOM and Madlib got together for this album, meeting for the first time at the house in Los Angeles where Stones Throw operated from, and where Madlib worked from a studio in a former bomb shelter. They recorded two demos the first week they met - "Figaro" and "Meat Grinder," and then a handful more a short time later.

Madlib first patched these demos together for personal listening while on a trip to Brazil. While there in Sao Paulo, Madlib created more music which would eventually land on the album, using the only equipment available: a portable record player, an SP 303 and a borrowed cassette deck. It was also on this trip where the demo cut of the album leaked, an experience which soured the artistic process for both the producer and the MC to the extend that it took about a year to coax them back to finishing the record.

The album release in March 2004 was both controversial and highly acclaimed, helping expose the two artists to a large audience for the first time. Artistically, Madlib and DOOM both did was what completely natural to them - obscure lyrics, dusty beats, ignoring hooks, weaving themes that bounced unexpectedly from dark to comedy, all produced with a disregard to the big studio sound. It was the antithesis of the pop rap formula, and yet effortlessly soulful and true to it's hip-hop influences.

So where's the long-delayed Madvillainy followup? We'll get back to you when DOOM & Madlib get back to us on that.

njean777

Realised that I rarely ever have time to sit and listen to music through headphones.

Put those beats I got cheap up on the internet and had over 15 replies in the first hour.

Took the ad down, upped the price and put it back up. Sold them tonight for €200. Nice 120 profit for the weekend.

The demand for those things is fucking ridiculous.

To bad they are shit and overpriced as hell.

CRS

Ay, gaf-hop, I've got a track here that I've been working on for a few weeks now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58148/Demo.mp3

Can you guys do me a favor and tell me what you think? Honest critiques too. I've listened to it so much, clarity's starting to disappear.

Not a professional at this but drums could be mixed little higher? Good job though. Was expecting a lot slower tempo track so I was a little thrown off.

Also, is it just me or is the static is off tempo. Unless that was intentional?

iavi

Not a professional at this but drums could be mixed little higher? Good job though. Was expecting a lot slower tempo track so I was a little thrown off.

Also, is it just me or is the static is off tempo. Unless that was intentional?

Thanks, man. Appreciate the feedback. The drums could definitely be mixed higher, but I'm still getting my grips around MASCHINE, so I find that I'll mix the drums higher, throw them through compression and they'll end up lower than the melody group anyway. Don't really know what I'm doing here yet.

Static shouldn't be off tempo, I don't think. It doesn't sound like it over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom