• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's self-aware of her destruction too which I find sad and odd.

The funny thing is that she hurls anti-gay slurs around in every spat she has, further alienating her fanbase. I know you guys disagree but she had a lot of potential, made a couple really dope songs, and could have really blown up given how popular all this house rap shit is. Instead she's pretty much blacklisted by producers.

Jitters

There isn't a place near me that would have vinyls like that. :(

The funny thing is that she hurls anti-gay slurs around in every spat she has, further alienating her fanbase. I know you guys disagree but she had a lot of potential, made a couple really dope songs, and could have really blown up given how popular all this house rap shit is. Instead she's pretty much blacklisted by producers.
1991 was one of my favorite things from last year.

Kwixotik

What the fuck, Gucci? How you gonna sit there eating Chinese food while people next to you are going ass to mouth. Shit's unsanitary.

I know y'all be wondering where the fuck I am
I'm in the stars passing blunts back to Goku and 'em

Where the fuck do they come up with this stuff

Thematically, Krit's new mixtape is almost exactly like the rest. The intro is the start of his journey, except instead of being an early morning alarm clock (4Eva N A Day) it's the birth of a king, complete with a baby screaming.

Many tracks sound like they could be on his previous tapes too. Talking Bout Nothing's beat sounds almost exactly like My Sub. And the high note vocal sample on King Without A Crown very similar to what he did on the 4Eva N a Day title track. My Trunk should sound familiar to anyone who's listened to KRIT a lot, same with Just Last Week; both those tracks suck btw

And of course the end of the album is where things calm down and become more introspective, with strings and acoustic guitars showing up.

That being said this has some of Krit's best tracks, and overall I like it. I don't see how anyone can hate on King Without a Crown, Serve This Royalty, Good 2getha, How U Love That, and Multi Till I Die. I don't like the chorus on Banana Clip Theory but it's a great track; sounds like something that could have been on GKMC. And as I said earlier he did add a new element to his production in terms of the funkier exploitation guitar licks and conga drums.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Were any of them really that great.

lol.
-----

I actually don't feel ready to rate KRIT's albums right now. I'll just say that the dude's catalogue is absolutely fantastic.

King Remembered on Time keeps getting better and better with each listen, but I gotta listen to it more to come up with a solid conclusion. I like it more that Wuz Here so far though.

multi til the sun die is a great closer. i feel like he should have saved this for his next album.

edit: oh shit. Des, dropkick her. that'll show her who's masculine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Long fucking interview with Drake. A lot of shit:

- Singing tracks on his next album
- 40 is doing most of the production on the album
- Drizzy actually owns a club called Paradise in TO /wouldntknow /foreveralone
- Started From The Bottom is a response to people doing trap music who shouldn't be, trying to move away from the current pervasive sound in rap, production inspired by Wu-Tang, old EC shit
- Elliot Wilson probes in on how he's not really perceived as being from "the bottom" and Drake says that the bottom is not the hood, is just being at a state of having a goal and not attaining it yet, not about poverty but it can be if you want it to be
- Says the song that started out as the Started From The Bottom Remix has turned into something else entirely, Khaled will be premiering it, might be on Khaled's album
- Other song coming out this week is a promo song that won't be on the album
- Timbo apparently has a pact with Justin not to do media talking about the 20/20 experience?
- Album sounds like a concept album, talking about where he is right now rather than the past
- "I don't want to be in your face all the time doing bubble gum ads" #dead
- 5AM in Toronto is not about Weeknd
- Discusses OVO/XO split, "people make decisions man," he says he still talks to Weeknd all the time and wishes the best for whatever comes next for him
- Talks producing Fucking Problem
- Talks impact of GKMC
- Talks people saying he should quit singing
- About Chris Brown "For any media listening, don't ask me shit about that man when you come around, and stop preying on that man's insecurities." and then he kinda sends some sly shots at him but that's the gist of it
- Talks Wayne's health scare
- Dispels rumours of leaving Cash Money for Roc Nation
- Drake says he fucks with Numbers On The Board, says he doesn't have a problem with Pusha, he doesn't think Pusha has a problem with him as they've seen each other around

tl;dr: One new street single next week alongside Khaled premiering whatever the Started From The Bottom Remix turned into

I know, lolDrake, but it's a good interview where he doesn't really do any of that PR spin shit.

Long fucking interview with Drake. A lot of shit:

- Started From The Bottom is a response to people doing trap music who shouldn't be, trying to move away from the current pervasive sound in rap, production inspired by Wu-Tang, old EC shit

I'm starting to hear that in ALOT of beats from alot of the "newer" and veteran but relevant artists lately (Drake, asap, kendrick, odd future, pusha, ye, etc).....Which is a damn good thing

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm starting to hear that in ALOT of beats from alot of the "newer" and veteran but relevant artists lately (Drake, asap, kendrick, odd future, pusha, ye, etc).....Which is a damn good thing

been hearing that for years.. it's to be expected..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Going to bump this tonight. Still haven't listened to the latest pop mix either.

Might try a cover for this sometime this week.

awesome!!!

getting new covers is most the fun for me lol

not even a joke

HiiiLife

I fucked up brehs. I got my first misdemeanor for having an open container in my car. I was being stupid. And I'm not sure how to react to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom