• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's probably only The Neptunes who haven't burned me completely so far.
I'm not deluded enough to think they're anywhere near as good as that were, that ship sailed years ago, but I can definitely say since I actively began following them in 1999 that they've put out a range of work every single year that I've enjoyed.

I have over 1300 Neptunes tracks now and still get excited every time they announce something new.
It's nice.

Charles Hamilton seems like a natural fit Spin
Actually, you know what's interesting? I was never really a fan of Charles Hamilton. You would think I would like a rapper that likes Sonic, etc. I mean, he had some okay verses here and there but I never really fucked with dude.

Kinda glad I didn't.

I can't think of any big "mainstream" act that I go crazy over that hasn't had a drop in quality. Kind of fear Action Bronson going through that. :(

CRS

BIUNdYYCEAAtMhe.jpg:large

Great RSD today. Will hopefully pick up Shuggie Otis' and El Michel Affair's LPs sometime next week.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm not getting the hype for Cassie's RockaByeBaby. The production sounds like the stuff a million producers on bandcamp make, and all the features were from crappy rappers.

She and Tinashe really need to do something different to make themselves stand out more. Their song are almost interchangeable. And unfortunately they sound like songs Rihanna didn't want.

Might as well add Jhene Aiko to that list.

PBY

Banned
Seeing Joey badass/pro era/underachievers/Flatbush zombies tonight. Don't know any of their songs. We shall see.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CuDi will continue to rock with Kanye for a long time wherever necessary. He's like Common now, an affiliate but no bad blood and it's still all music whether you're in the camp or not. I still think Kanye wouldn't hesitate to give CuDi a verse if he asked.

It could have been different, he could've gone the Consequence route.

I think a lot of CuDi stans, on GAF at least, are kind-of at a tipping point. Indicud has some of that hope and return to MotM form, but it just isn't satisfying as a project. For some those few songs are enough, for others, they are not. It's a divide in his otherwise dedicated fanbase between those who like the autonomous direction he's going, and those who do not. Right now, I'm not quite sure what side I'm on. Much like Lupe, I think I'll check out anything he puts out in the future, but I don't think I'll ever get "excited" anymore.

PBY

Banned
you spend all that time downloading those trap tapes and you havent listened to a single song of any of the above?

wat

No I've heard/have all their stuff. I just literally can't name more than 5 tracks off the top of my head, and couldn't recite a single lyric. Only track I really know is the one off the ASAP Mob tape lol.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
CuDi will continue to rock with Kanye for a long time wherever necessary. He's like Common now, an affiliate but no bad blood and it's still all music whether you're in the camp or not. I still think Kanye wouldn't hesitate to give CuDi a verse if he asked.

It could have been different, he could've gone the Consequence route.

I think a lot of CuDi stans, on GAF at least, are kind-of at a tipping point. Indicud has some of that hope and return to MotM form, but it just isn't satisfying as a project. For some those few songs are enough, for others, they are not. It's a divide in his otherwise dedicated fanbase between those who like the autonomous direction he's going, and those who do not. Right now, I'm not quite sure what side I'm on. Much like Lupe, I think I'll check out anything he puts out in the future, but I don't think I'll ever get "excited" anymore.

yea...you keep telling yourself that.

I know I'm super late but a friend had me listen to power trip today. I really dig it. I'm hoping Cole can really bring it like he did with FNL and TWU. I barely listen to Cole World.

HiResDes

Yo Kam where you been at homie?...Also what exactly is that Black Woodstock Soundtrack, not gonna lie really digging Future's lane right now, much more so than Pluto.

iavi

Yo Kam where you been at homie?...Also what exactly is that Black Woodstock Soundtrack, not gonna lie really digging Future's lane right now, much more so than Pluto.

I've come around too, I can't lie. I don't think he's anything more than a FT artist, but I don't dislike dude on a track.

..you don't have them backed up on a PC somewhere?

Hope you're not living in a Post-PC world.

I had a backup.. my iTunes resynced with my reformatted iPod so my backup has nothing.

Whatever though, I still have all the songs on my iTunes, its just I was about to go out and now I have to listen to the radio D:

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I had a backup.. my iTunes resynced with my reformatted iPod so my backup has nothing.

Whatever though, I still have all the songs on my iTunes, its just I was about to go out and now I have to listen to the radio D:
Get ready to listen to the number 1 local radio station playing all your favorite hits. ALL OF THEM

PBY

Banned
Okay- Concert review

Underachievers- got there too late, missed em, kinda bummed cuz they killed the feature they did w/ Flatbush

Flatbush Zombies- KILLED. Really impressed, played a bunch of new tracks, brought out Bodega Bamz, etc. Got crazy hype, ppl were going ham. Still a rap show tho, but high energy. At one point there were like 20 ppl on stage.

Joey- Here's my main problem- he tried to get the crowd hype, and he brought energy, but its just tough w/ his music. Also- he's the biggest case of "this dude is just a dude" I've ever seen. He does nothing new/different. His crew TURNT THE FUUUUCK up tho, crowd surfing, stage diving, water gunning the crowd down.

Statik Selektah is one of the best rap DJs I've seen. He does this thing were he plays the instrumental, and usually where most DJs cut the music for the punch line, he'll drop the actual vocals to beef up the punchline. Good stuff.

RIP Steez, a lot of stuff about him/played 2 unreleased songs.

CRS

Okay- Concert review

Underachievers- got there too late, missed em, kinda bummed cuz they killed the feature they did w/ Flatbush

Flatbush Zombies- KILLED. Really impressed, played a bunch of new tracks, brought out Bodega Bamz, etc. Got crazy hype, ppl were going ham. Still a rap show tho, but high energy. At one point there were like 20 ppl on stage.

Joey- Here's my main problem- he tried to get the crowd hype, and he brought energy, but its just tough w/ his music. Also- he's the biggest case of "this dude is just a dude" I've ever seen. He does nothing new/different. His crew TURNT THE FUUUUCK up tho, crowd surfing, stage diving, water gunning the crowd down.

Statik Selektah is one of the best rap DJs I've seen. He does this thing were he plays the instrumental, and usually where most DJs cut the music for the punch line, he'll drop the actual vocals to beef up the punchline. Good stuff.

RIP Steez, a lot of stuff about him/played 2 unreleased songs.

Fuck, this needs to be a standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom