• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Anyone here done record store day b4?

Never have. Doing it tomorrow though! Hopefully I'll wake up early and get to the record store in time for this bag that they're handing out.

320072_10151535748954693_491640936_n.jpg

So Pharrell did a live show where he showcased some new music.

He played a Busta Rhymes tune which sounded crazy.

Called Twerk It.
Was recorded a few weeks ago

29c7faaa99c311e2815722000aaa049c_7.jpg

Oh, this Busta story certainly is... something, dunno if it was posted:

Busta Rhymes Reportedly Flipped Out At A Burger Joint In Miami

The Miami New Times is reporting that early this morning Busta Rhymes walked into Cheeseburger Baby in South Beach Miami and acted a damn fool. According to the stores owner, Stephanie Vitori, Busta strolled in around 6 A.M. and demanded to cut the line. When they refused to let him, he got pissed and opted to wait for his food in his car.

When they finally delivered his food, he came back into the resturant, upset that they put his salt, pepper, ketchup, and mayo on the side (which is how they do it over there). Busta then flipped out and called one employee a "fag" and Vitori a "bi-ch." Busta only left the restaurant after Vitori called the cops, but he still proceeded to call the store and tell them that they forgot to put cheese on his burger (they deny this) and threaten to "come get [them]."

IrishNinja

man i get hungry as fuck, but i gotta let native tongue royalty slide
i mean, unless he calls me a fag or something like he did that one dude, that aint right

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Black Milk instrumental project I posted about came out a couple of days ago.
It's got some pretty nice joints on it.
You can stream it here:

Synth or Soul

Info:

Anybody check out the couple of Black Milk singles from last week?
Not sure if it was posted.....

Computer Ugly Ugly / Why Worry

He's got an instrumental album dropping the the 20th as part of an audio/visual colab with Upendo Taylor called Synth or Soul.
It's shaping up to be pretty good.

1752113018a523a07ab08e4f42a27f848e4cc61b.jpg

SIDE A: SYNTH
1. Computer Ugly Ugly
2. When The Sky Falls
3. 600
4. Higgs Boson
5. Piano Moog

SIDE B: SOUL
6. 80′s TV Show
7. Why Worry
8. Deep Breath Deep Bass
9. Heaven’s Cry
10. Wish A N’gga Would
11. 10 Luv
12. Drunk Tweets

Ugh. I cannot believe that I of all people am so un hyped for this Cudi project. I remember hearing King Wizard and Just Who I Am and thinking, "You know what? It probably wouldn't be that bad."

I did not even finish the last four tracks of the album and I can safely say that I did not enjoy it at all. The production feels too generic. Cudi is there and I can actually understand what he is talking about but the beats are...wow. The Haim track actually is one of my favorites. The RZA verse was pretty damned good. King Chip, for a weed carrier, is pretty damned good. I guess that I would rather hear Cudi over better sounding tracks.

I guess I just grew out of Kid Cudi, which is scary as fuck since I stanned the fuck out of him. He's a different beast now. He only has Dot Da Genius right now. No Kanye, no Emile, No Plain Pat... No MGMT, No Ratatat...

I need to find someone else to stan over. I think it'll be Kendrick. :(

Anyhow, on a more serious note? I really like the new GFK, fuck y'all for making me real scared about it. The production is real good. Ghost is getting older, but he's not bad on the mic at all, he's more energetic on this than he is on Apollo Kids in my opinion.

This Snoop Lion is a straight pop album with dub samples.
AOTY.

Haha, nah Spin I feel you though.
I mean, I've stanned Timbaland for... shit over half of my entire life actually(!) and I was legitimately crushed when Shock Value 2 came out.
I thought he was washed up man and I felt kinda empty.
I didn't really move on though, I just went through this period of constantly hoping that "he'd get it back together again... one day."
Which thank fuck he actually did.

Has Cudi burnt his bridges with all his old people?

Haha, nah Spin I feel you though.
I mean, I've stanned Timbaland for... shit over half of my entire life actually(!) and I was legitimately crushed when Shock Value 2 came out.
I thought he was washed up man and I felt kinda empty.
I didn't really move on though, I just went through this period of constantly hoping that "he'd get it back together again... one day."
Which thank fuck he actually did.

Has Cudi burnt his bridges with all his old people?
I'm like that with Lupe and I guess I will be like that for Cudi now on.

And he did not burn bridges with all of his old people, from what I remember. But, since then he has not really worked with them so I bet he did. The whole him leaving GOOD Music thing is pretty shady to me imo, so I wouldn't be surprised if I never get to hear a Cudi feature on a Kanye joint for a while.

I'm like that with Lupe and I guess I will be like that for Cudi now on.

And he did not burn bridges with all of his old people, from what I remember. But, since then he has not really worked with them so I bet he did. The whole him leaving GOOD Music thing is pretty shady to me imo, so I wouldn't be surprised if I never get to hear a Cudi feature on a Kanye joint for a while.

No one in that camp has said a single bad thing about him nor has he said a single bad thing about them. Seems like a mutual decision from my perspective as his current direction doesn't really fit with theirs. The fact that Kanye's letting him put out his second print copies of Indicud without the Good label on it reinforces that it wasn't a bad split.

No one in that camp has said a single bad thing about him nor has he said a single bad thing about them. Seems like a mutual decision from my perspective as his current direction doesn't really fit with theirs. The fact that Kanye's letting him put out his second print copies of Indicud without the Good label on it reinforces that it wasn't a bad split.

I guess. I do remember Big Sean giving support to Cudi.

I dunno, I guess it's because we rarely see these amicable splits these days that I'm skeptical as fuck.

Man, I'm not even too excited for MOTM3 now. How the hell will that sound without Plain Pat, Emile, and Kanye? :(

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I guess. I do remember Big Sean giving support to Cudi.

I dunno, I guess it's because we rarely see these amicable splits these days that I'm skeptical as fuck.

Man, I'm not even too excited for MOTM3 now. How the hell will that sound without Plain Pat, Emile, and Kanye? :(

Like indicud, but slowed down by 10bpm and the master volume turned down.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You're a better man then me, if I'm hungry he's waiting!

Did anybody listen to the new Noreaga album?
I'm guessing the answer is NO! (as it should be) but I just noticed he got tracks with Pete Rock and Large Pro on there!

Vitamins feat. Pete Rock
Built Pyramids feat. Large Professor

Both on some real 90's shit, sound good to me.

Dope! I like Vitamins more but both are dope....

Only young
(Edit: in comparative terms)
rapper besides Kendrick worth stanning for

Cudder

Ugh. I cannot believe that I of all people am so un hyped for this Cudi project. I remember hearing King Wizard and Just Who I Am and thinking, "You know what? It probably wouldn't be that bad."

I did not even finish the last four tracks of the album and I can safely say that I did not enjoy it at all. The production feels too generic. Cudi is there and I can actually understand what he is talking about but the beats are...wow. The Haim track actually is one of my favorites. The RZA verse was pretty damned good. King Chip, for a weed carrier, is pretty damned good. I guess that I would rather hear Cudi over better sounding tracks.

I guess I just grew out of Kid Cudi, which is scary as fuck since I stanned the fuck out of him. He's a different beast now. He only has Dot Da Genius right now. No Kanye, no Emile, No Plain Pat... No MGMT, No Ratatat...

Anyhow, on a more serious note? I really like the new GFK, fuck y'all for making me real scared about it. The production is real good. Ghost is getting older, but he's not bad on the mic at all, he's more energetic on this than he is on Apollo Kids in my opinion.

AOTY.

least you didnt stan to the point of making your username something crazy...

also, I think him and Dot da G have beef. they don't acknowledge each other at all and Dot stopped following him on twitter lol.

also, I think him and Dot da G have beef. they don't acknowledge each other at all and Dot stopped following him on twitter lol.
So the only dude with him is Chip...

Officially hopping off this Cudi train.

Lol Spin you dislike it for almost the opposite reasons I do. I think the beats are a bit fine, but I think he definitely should have had someone add some finishing touches to them. I can't help but feel like his ego probably got in the way of just asking someone to do that.

But I think dude just sounds terrible and at first when I heard Indicud I didn't think Cudi verses were that bad, but then I hit the tracks with features and everyone just sounds a shit ton better over them to me.

I kind of like it too. It's pretty slow and laid back. I bought the album. The CD artwork is decent looking too. But the album as a whole wasn't isn't a spectacular successor to MoTM. Hell to the no.

Yeah I bought the album too I dunno it's gets better for me every listen its up there with MOTM2 IMO. I guess I'm getting a summer album vibe with it nearing May and all.

overcast

Spin I feel you man. I'm sure a lot of us were burned by favorites. Lupe was definitely the worst one I've experienced. When one of his projects/songs is announced I'm like "oh damn a new Lupe track?" then I realize it's Lupe and don't listen to it.

Gorillaz

what the fuck has cudi with his contacts? dude literally cut off most if not all of his producers

CRS

goddammnn i missseeeedd thissss arggghhhhh

edit: I got one! WOOO

Ty CRS
Congrats! Great week for me with LP pickups.

Got both LP versions of HARK!, and just now picked up Roots, Biggie, Frank Ocean's channel ORANGE and nostalgia, Ultra, and Liquid Swords LP Chess Set.

Spin I feel you man. I'm sure a lot of us were burned by favorites. Lupe was definitely the worst one I've experienced. When one of his projects/songs is announced I'm like "oh damn a new Lupe track?" then I realize it's Lupe and don't listen to it.
Shit hurts, fam.

If anything, Lupe's last track was pretty good. About that little girl that got killed.

Do people here like sir lucious left foot? Like as in consider it one of the best rap albums of the 21st century
Yeah, I don't really consider it one of the best albums of the 21st century or anything like that but it is a real good album. Definitely worth a listen by any OutKast fan or anyone wanting some Big Boi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom