• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Only to return in a more powerful form, as the Based God.

350x700px-LL-6348794f_tumblr_lw36ygCQfi1r03eaxo1_500.png
My new wallpaper

Esch

Banned
joey bad is the hip hop equivalent of some bitchass 200 point empire in Civ 5 offering me 25 gold for an embassy. peel off chump, you need more people.

Deciding if I should buy these Under The Influence tour tickets

Wiz Khalifa/Asap Rocky/BoB/Trinidad James and Joey Bada$$

Molson Canadian Amphitheatre

Last time I went to a concert there I got kicked out :p

I think I'll go. How is Wiz live peter?

Also, why did you get kicked out lol
joey bad is the hip hop equivalent of some bitchass 200 point empire in Civ 5 offering me 25 gold for an embassy. peel off chump, you need more people.

I find it hilarious that just earlier today someone was talking about how older rappers do more ridiculous things then Joey decides to pull this haha

Deciding if I should buy these Under The Influence tour tickets

Wiz Khalifa/Asap Rocky/BoB/Trinidad James and Joey Bada$$

Molson Canadian Amphitheatre

Last time I went to a concert there I got kicked out :p

I went there for drakes ovofest last year. There was some annoying fat turd in front of me who kept yelling coke boys every minute or so

At a drake concert. Needless to say tho when French Montana came out of nowhere the dude started huffing and puffing like Rick Ross out of excitement

PBY

Banned
I think I'll go. How is Wiz live peter?

Also, why did you get kicked out lol

I find it hilarious that just earlier today someone was talking about how older rappers do more ridiculous things then Joey decides to pull this haha
Saw Wiz right before rolling papers dropped. Mac miller opened. Was one of the funnest show I've ever been to, Wiz was live. Part of it was the venue tho, perfect weather/bandshell combo. Doubt it will be as cool in an arena, but ima still try to go. No stops near NYC tho

Saw Wiz right before rolling papers dropped. Mac miller opened. Was one of the funnest show I've ever been to, Wiz was live. Part of it was the venue tho, perfect weather/bandshell combo. Doubt it will be as cool in an arena, but ima still try to go. No stops near NYC tho

Yeah, I find it odd there's no stop near NYC considering the people on the tour.

I went there for drakes ovofest last year. There was some annoying fat turd in front of me who kept yelling coke boys every minute or so

At a drake concert. Needless to say tho when French Montana came out of nowhere the dude started huffing and puffing like Rick Ross out of excitement

I really want Ovofest tickets this year.

Last year I missed them by like 8 seconds or some stupid shit lol

not tryna overspeculate but Danny said that Old would be similar to XXX in that it would be two separate sides like an LP. On the latest track he says "this is my last dope song" or something along those lines. I'm thinking that it will be the last song before shit ventures into self-reflective joints. We'll see though..

also jay-z is supposedly on the new drake album ?? a song called "Tuscan Leather"

cryptic

Yeah, I hated the school, tbh. I could never get over the fact that I had taken out immense amounts of loans to pay somebody for the privilege of working for them. I learned a lot and met my wife there, so hey, not all bad. She's definitely worth the 750 bucks a month I'm still paying back, but since I'm not in an unrelated field...lol.

Still working the line?

Nah unfortunately having trouble finding work.

iavi

Ay, yo, gaf-hop, I just had Japanese styled chicken curry & rice for the first time. WOO BOY. That thick, kinda tangy gravy was that shit.

All his albums are like that. Check out The Hybrid. Not surprised at all.

I'm not surprised at the fact that he is splitting it up; I've heard the guy's discog. I'm just saying I think that Dope Song will be the last track on "side A"

I can't stop playing that youtube clip !!

iavi

shits okay, but it sucks compared to any quality ndian, thai, or malay/singapore shit imo

I really want to get on some of that now. This was only my second time having curry at all, the first being some dry ass chicken curry from the grocery store. A real whole-new-world kind of situation.

Esch

Banned
Coldvein looking like the last mohican right now.

It just feels like all the backpack shit is either mainstreamified, making rappity rap shit nobody cares about, or moved onto the kvlt evil trap shit. Thats almost like the new backpack to me lol.

Macca

Coldvein looking like the last mohican right now.

It just feels like all the backpack shit is either mainstreamified, making rappity rap shit nobody cares about, or moved onto the kvlt evil trap shit. Thats almost like the new backpack to me lol.
nah we still got overcast.

mooooose

Wantagh isn't far, and you'll be in my hood.

CRS

I'm still a fan though and actually have been listening to more artists than before.

Here are a few artists that come to mind: The Illz, J. Good, TiRon & Ayomari (kind of), and Milo.

Esch

Banned
well ive only been really into the genre the past 3 years or so
well in the 00s shit was really polarized between mainstream shit like fiddy cent and all that and 'underground real rap' like mf doom, atmosphere, binary star, jedi mind tricks, lupe, cudi, obviously in there youve got a popularity spectrum but basically its all social ills/ personal issues no violence type shit diametrically opposed to the gangsta rap stuff. its a hard thing to explain, especially since backpack has different connotations for people who were all about hip hop in the 90s, but when we make jokes about 'real hiphop' etc etc were referring to that gen of conscious rap nerds who loved def jux anticon nd stones throw and shit like thaf almost exclusivel some of us grew out of it, the rest of us are coldvein.

theres also an element of rappity rap shit and battle rap in there too but it was an interesting time thats kinda hard to describe.

nah man lol. i don't want to post my picture again though because i'm trying to get back some of my anonymity.

he's almost as ratchet as me tho.

i wonder what all those dudes do for income, surely they can't live off of handouts for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom