• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

thoughts from Tyler...

Tyler, The Creator ‏@fucktyler 5m
“@TylerBrindisi: @fucktyler Favorite DIPSET song?” BOUT IT BOUT IT PART 3

“@TristanScottT: @fucktyler favorite Eminem song off his encore album?” RAINMAN! <- of course Tyler would like Rainman

“@wootangrhys: @fucktyler whats your favorite R-Kelly song?” Either The Ride Or Dream Girl.

“@Fly_Society35: What's your favorite ludacris song ? @fucktyler” The Potion

“@Caffercud: @fucktyler favourite Em and Cudi song if you had to chose one of each? :)” SAME SONG AND DANCE, IN MY DREAMS

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Cudi got that loyal fanbase. His people will buy his shit forever.

so now he's a producer in the traditional sense instead of the rap sense. what's the problem?

Man kanye couldnt wipe quincy's ass let alone take on a role he had in making music. Kanye is just getting young dudes to feed him beats like he use to feed NO ID beats. Why does every buddy star he knows have to name far better artist/person for something Kanye does?

When he realizes he done fucked up with kim and ditches her. Will Common give and interview saying Kanye is the Barry Gordy of skeeting in bitches and bouncing? I mean its at that point.

overcast

I mean, we all kinda knew this is where he's headed but hearing it like this is kinda saddening as a fan, even if he is still molding the beats and telling producers what to do.
Yeah, this sucks to hear. Makes me think his next album may be over the top again. I love MBDTF, but I don't want that again necessarily. Then again, I'm not begging for old Kanye like many do. Though who knows where he will go with the next album. Maybe some serious French shit.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, this sucks to hear. Makes me think his next album may be over the top again. I love MBDTF, but I don't want that again necessarily. Then again, I'm not begging for old Kanye like many do. Though who knows where he will go with the next album. Maybe some serious French shit.
I think it's gonna be some trappy/dubby/EDM ish. But super stripped down and progressive given his trips in Brazil and the Numbers on the Boards beat.

Skillex is pretttty much confirmed to be on the album, or at the very least was on it at some point, so that could be an indication.

But then MBDTF, when it was Good Ass Job, was supposed to be some boom bap shit.

DominoKid

Man kanye couldnt wipe quincy's ass let alone take on a role he had in making music. Kanye is just getting young dudes to feed him beats like he use to feed NO ID beats. Why does every buddy star he knows have to name far better artist/person for something Kanye does?

When he realizes he done fucked up with kim and ditches her. Will Common give and interview saying Kanye is the Barry Gordy of skeeting in bitches and bouncing? I mean its at that point.

breh you are mad lmao. i didn't listen to the interview but i highly doubt Legend was comparing him to Quincy Jones in output, just in function.

codhand

no id fed kanye beats i thought

in fact i recall no id obliged yeezys request for the Punks Jump Up brand nubian drumbreak, so that he could use it on Jesus Walks....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
moving past making beats from scratch should be the goal for any producer really.

i mean what beatsmith wouldnt love to yield the power kanye has?

any artist will fly to hawaii / france on the next flight out, to get a chance for a verse on his album

beat makers line up for a chance to be on his album

also i think it's shortsighted to underestimate the work involved in executive producing, especially when it's someone as hands on as kanye, who is known to completely change the scope or sound of a beat he selects.

countless interviews have confirmed how impressed kanye's collaborators are with his focus and creativity.

collaboration and project management are invaluable skills when making large scale creative arts projects, the absence of said abilities are why many artists will never hit it big, they lack the ability to do anything other than drop 16s
so now he's a producer in the traditional sense instead of the rap sense. what's the problem?
Both very well said. The distinction between a beatmaker and a producer at work.

PBY

Banned
On some level tho, this had kiiinda always been Yeezys role- he always would bring in actual artists to lay instrumentation over his samples/drums. This just seems the natural progression.

And I love it- this is how we end up w young chop x Yeezy operatic shit. Think of the possibilities.

codhand

if you cant find that lost tapes by kanye mixtape, it showcases his producer work from the really early days

most of it, bland and mediocre.

overcast

I think it's gonna be some trappy/dubby/EDM ish. But super stripped down and progressive given his trips in Brazil and the Numbers on the Boards beat.

Skillex is pretttty much confirmed to be on the album, or at the very least was on it at some point, so that could be an indication.

But then MBDTF, when it was Good Ass Job, was supposed to be some boom bap shit.
That sounds prett terrible, honestly Was hoping cruel summer an WTT would get that out of his system.

Good Ass Job would have been the best title ever too. Last thing, when can we finally hear Living So Italian?

PBY

Banned
That sounds prett terrible, honestly Was hoping cruel summer an WTT would get that out of his system.

Good Ass Job would have been the best title ever too. Last thing, when can we finally hear Living So Italian?
Living so Italian will be never heard, much like Populart et al. That's in the vault. Maybe posthumously.

DominoKid

Bittersweet eventually came out even if it was another album later. Those will too. Kanye's good for revisiting his old shit whether it's bringing back old songs or lines. Hell he had some lines from MBDTF that first got tried on Freshman Adjustment.

On some level tho, this had kiiinda always been Yeezys role- he always would bring in actual artists to lay instrumentation over his samples/drums. This just seems the natural progression.

And I love it- this is how we end up w young chop x Yeezy operatic shit. Think of the possibilities.

I think Kanye's gonna give that sound to Travis Scott (also Pusha). that seems to be his direction so far.

PBY

Banned

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think Kanye's next solo will be EDM/Trap stuff, at least in the form that it is out there right now. We've gotten more confirmation of him working with animal sounds and it seems like he's fucking with a lot of diverse stuff musically right now from Future to Skrillex (I think the Brazil thing wasn't musical), I don't think he'll apply those artists the way you expect over a beat.

Something different feels like it's brewing. Kanye is probably satisfied with what he did with those sounds on WTT and Cruel Summer. I feel I Am A God will be the most polarizing single since Love Lockdown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I expect Kanye's new album to be trash. Dat ass has fed on him like a parasite eating away at his soul.
Aren't the rumours that he's been neglecting his wifey in favour of working on his album in Paris?

Regardless, KimYe will either result in a great, inspired album like 808s/MBDTF/TCD or drives the man insane. I could use an album full of New Days.

EDIT:

Logic - Nasty (Prod. by Don Cannon). Yo this is kinda hot.

HiiiLife

Thank god he doesn't have an S in his name. Swapping that shit out for dollar signs needs to stop already. Gaf Hop went over this doe.

CRS

So who's down to do the All Songs Considered podcast? I'm thinking this can happen tomorrow or Thursday, maybe Friday?

HiRes? Miri? Any of you guys down?

CRS

Yeah I'm down.

Sweet. What day and time works best for you?

Also,

Clams posted this.

7580ff3aac6711e294f522000a9f30b8_7.jpg

"New music w/ special guest"

iavi

So who's down to do the All Songs Considered podcast? I'm thinking this can happen tomorrow or Thursday, maybe Friday?

HiRes? Miri? Any of you guys down?

Booked all the way through till next Mon. You guys go on ahead without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom