• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

The only reason Joey Bada$$ and Pro Era are on the bottom is because it would look weird from a design stand point to put that long of a name above Trinidad. Sometimes you have to think before you lash out. Joey is talented and Pro Era is a great, up-and-coming group, even with the loss of Capital Steez, but sometimes you need to take a step back.

I hope he keeps making music with their own sound and not try to take on a more modern sound. I like Pro Era's production a lot and all of them can rap.

Looks like someone told him off. He's still only 18.

Joey Bada$$ said:
I admit what I did was childish and disrespectful. Lesson learned.

https://twitter.com/joeyBADASS_/status/326454844787408900

Fjordson

did I miss all of the 12 reasons to die talk? general gaf-hop consensus?
I like it quite a bit, but it's not as great as I thought it would be. I dunno, maybe my expectations were unrealistic, but Adrian Younge production backing Ghostface seemed like the perfect combo. The result is still nice, just not mindblowing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Whats that? an 18 year old just adjusting to an industry filled with ego and arrogance and posturing had a tantrum because some pre school basic ass rapper got billing ahead of him? What a shock. At least Joey admitted he was acting childish, most of these "grown ass men" in hip hop would never admit acting foolish.

codhand

Styles P on the Breakfast Club
Great interview and smart dude.
I love styles p, his vlad interview was good too,

I'm extremely excited for Ghost's tour in conjunction with this album. Ghost with a live band is amazing. The album is solid but lacks surprises.

being that it's new release tuesday, this is the last time i'll pimp my new (free) album
i appear on every track and produced all but #'s 6, 9 and 10.
all opins welcomed, even swagjesus'

PBY

Banned
Ty Dolla $ign feat. Young Jeezy – ‘My Cabana (Remix)’ Video

...Not gonna lie this shit goes

Young Scooter - Columbia (Remix) Video

...Oh and speaking of backpack:

Add-2 - Rings & Crowns'

...Also if Lee Bannon reworked all of Blu's York it might actually be super dope:

Blu VEX'd (Lee Bannon Rework)

Great stuff here. Lee Bannon is low key amazing, he doesn't get the shine he deserves. Saw him open for BBNG at a smallass BK venue, and he tore the damn roof off.

HiResDes

...Word Peter, Lee Bannon needs to get more shine

Apollo Brown, Verbal Kent, Red Pill are UGLY HEROES

Apollo Brown, Verbal Kent, and Red Pill recently sat down with UHF Cable Access Channel 43 for an interview about their new self-titled group album UGLY HEROES that drops 5/28/13. Hear what the record is about and check the album previews!

An Ugly Hero is considered a myth. Growing up, the heroes we saw in cartoons and movies were perfectly chiseled, intelligent, and had senses none of us possess. An UGLY HERO is the everyday blue collar individual that makes the world go 'round. These are the heroes that work hard all day, everyday to help ensure that the lives around them are taken care of, and do it all without recognition. They wear themselves into the ground and sacrifice vanity for family.

Apollo Brown, Verbal Kent, and Red Pill are UGLY HEROES.

T Dollarz

Omg, just found out that Danny Brown is playing in Chicago in 2 days and GA tickets are only $17. Anybody seen him live? I think I have to do this.

PBY

Banned
Omg, just found out that Danny Brown is playing in Chicago in 2 days and GA tickets are only $17. Anybody seen him live? I think I have to do this.

Yup tour's been going on for a bit now, I think a few Gaf-hoppers have, and they seemed to be really into it. I'm seeing him in early May, just do it breh.

T Dollarz

Yeah really short notice since I just found out, trying to find people to go with me. Even if I can't tho I think I might go lol fuck it.

After listening to it a few times, I can safely say that I like the album. My only problem with the album is that the production can start to seem very similar after a while. The beats are real dark sounding and shit but you'll start to feel like you are listening to the same beat track after track. Ghost did his thing, though.

codhand

After listening to it a few times, I can safely say that I like the album. My only problem with the album is that the production can start to seem very similar after a while. The beats are real dark sounding and shit but you'll start to feel like you are listening to the same beat track after track. Ghost did his thing, though.

the videos are crazy too
like some old jean rollin flicks

PBY

Banned
John Legend: Kanye hasn't made beats in years, has transitioned into an executive producer/orchestrative role like Quincy Jones.

I mean, we all kinda knew this is where he's headed but hearing it like this is kinda saddening as a fan, even if he is still molding the beats and telling producers what to do.

I saw that. I think what he's saying is kind of a half truth. I mean, most of the time he's overseeing instrumentation, etc.; but I still think he receives a TON of beats from his stable of producers (Hitboy, Bink, etc), and then works on em w/ Mike Dean, throws in a few samples, drums, etc.

But yeah, as far as crafting a beat from the jump I knew that hes moved past that.

Esch

Banned
at least theres a good reason for why his new shit all sucks now then
jtdH2cCzxV6ep.png

hubes

at least theres a good reason for why his new shit all sucks now then
jtdH2cCzxV6ep.png

no doubt.. theres good reason why his 2 best projects by farrrrrrrr are the ones with the least amount of production credits. the lil section on wikipedia listing the credits gets bigger and bigger and he gets worse and worse

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CuDi sells 139k, debuts at #2.

I saw that. I think what he's saying is kind of a half truth. I mean, most of the time he's overseeing instrumentation, etc.; but I still think he receives a TON of beats from his stable of producers (Hitboy, Bink, etc), and then works on em w/ Mike Dean, throws in a few samples, drums, etc.

But yeah, as far as crafting a beat from the jump I knew that hes moved past that.
I think that's exactly what he's saying, it's just phrased crudely. I still think he's as hands-on as can be and does get his hands dirty with the elements but it is just a tad disappointing.

I like the executive producer kind of role too. One reason why I like Kanye so much is his MO is make the best song period without compromise, and he's pretty successful at it. It's also why Dre is by far and away my other most favourite producer. Put the song before the semantics.

no doubt.. theres good reason why his 2 best projects by farrrrrrrr are the ones with the least amount of production credits. the lil section on wikipedia listing the credits gets bigger and bigger and he gets worse and worse
MBDTF has a considerable amount of production credits though and is top 2 though, so this is not the case.

I don't understand why tickets in Canada have to be paid by using an American Express card.

I'm trying to get Under The Influence tickets, go through the whole process to notice that it's American Express only -_-

By the time it stops being AE exclusive, all the good seats gonna be sold out :/

PBY

Banned
I don't understand why tickets in Canada have to be paid by using an American Express card.

I'm trying to get Under The Influence tickets, go through the whole process to notice that it's American Express only -_-

By the time it stops being AE exclusive, all the good seats gonna be sold out :/

Presales do that all the time. There will still be seats.

I actually believed that this album would sell poorly, but I guess Cudi numbers will always be Cudi numbers no matter what he does. Thank you, white people.

Tony Starks aka Zeus Molecules' Facebook said:
Due to overwhelming requests from the fans, Soul Temple has decided to make available the Apollo Brown variant of the Twelve Reasons To Die album on all formats.

"The Brown Tape" was originally released on Cassette only as a Record Store Day exclusive.

It is currently available exclusively from Soul Temple's Bandcamp site The digital download is available now, CDs and Vinyl will ship in early June. Expect the album to hit iTunes and physical retailers on June 11th

Stream/Purchase the album from this link:

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/twelve-reasons-to-die-the-brown-tape
Oh fuck.

codhand

moving past making beats from scratch should be the goal for any producer really.

i mean what beatsmith wouldnt love to yield the power kanye has?

any artist will fly to hawaii / france on the next flight out, to get a chance for a verse on his album

beat makers line up for a chance to be on his album

also i think it's shortsighted to underestimate the work involved in executive producing, especially when it's someone as hands on as kanye, who is known to completely change the scope or sound of a beat he selects.

countless interviews have confirmed how impressed kanye's collaborators are with his focus and creativity.

collaboration and project management are invaluable skills when making large scale creative arts projects, the absence of said abilities are why many artists will never hit it big, they lack the ability to do anything other than drop 16s

DominoKid

Cudi got that loyal fanbase. His people will buy his shit forever.

John Legend: Kanye hasn't made beats in years, has transitioned into an executive producer/orchestrative role like Quincy Jones.

I mean, we all kinda knew this is where he's headed but hearing it like this is kinda saddening as a fan, even if he is still molding the beats and telling producers what to do.

so now he's a producer in the traditional sense instead of the rap sense. what's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom