• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

plus most of the time its not even serious on here like that. like 40% of shit i say on here even i cant get behind.

KiD CuDi doesn't suck, we know.

UemPZtx.png

Jitters

Imagine a message board where only music critics were allowed, or maybe a movie critic one.

You think they would use gifs? Would they get in internet fights or would it be well manered?

PBY

Banned
Imagine a message board where only music critics were allowed, or maybe a movie critic one.

You think they would use gifs? Would they get in internet fights or would it be well manered?

Theyre still people mang. Itd be the same shit.

Deep down, we are all critics

/Toku

cacophony

lol music criticsi am a fuckin music critic.

i never get why people only care so much about one person's opinion on something so subjective

Jitters

lol music criticsi am a fuckin music critic.

i never get why people only care so much about one person's opinion on something so subjective

There are people that only like what PF tells them to like. Some people's top ten are a slightly modified PF top ten.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There are people that only like what PF tells them to like. Some people's top ten are a slightly modified PF top ten.

And there are those who will purposely "hate" an album because it's popular on places like PF.

It's self-hating hipsters all the way down, really.

I didn't know pitchfork existed til I came on Gaf like 2 years ago. A lot of Gaf users cracks me up with their pitchfork hate though especially since I always notice majority of everyone's favorite albums seems to pop up in the top 20 or something.

Recon

Banned
I just want him on here because he described Purity Ring as cute. When I described something as cute, they acted like I was crazy. I need back up.

I've have seen a lot of people with shitty taste on here make fun of others for their shitty taste, though.

No one has shitty taste, just different taste. Although there are some posters on here who think their taste is beyond reproach and shit on others at any opportunity. I wont name names, but I would think it is pretty obvious. Hopefully they come around eventually.

PBY

Banned
I didn't know pitchfork existed til I came on Gaf like 2 years ago. Gaf cracks me up with their pitchfork hate though especially since I always notice majority of everyone's favorite albums seems to pop up in the top 20 or something.
I actually really like Pitchfork- I think they have the best reviews. I disagree half the time, but ultimately I usually learn something by reading them.

Recon

Banned
I actually really like Pitchfork- I think they have the best reviews. I disagree half the time, but ultimately I usually learn something by reading them.

I appreciate a well written review, even If i disagree with it. No one really does that here though.

Jitters

I didn't know pitchfork existed til I came on Gaf like 2 years ago. A lot of Gaf users cracks me up with their pitchfork hate though especially since I always notice majority of everyone's favorite albums seems to pop up in the top 20 or something.

Its hilarious. Its like they really want to be cool and hate it, but they don't know any other place to find out about music.

I appreciate a well written review, even If i disagree with it. No one really does that here though.
Yeah, I do too. I like hearing other opinions. I've disagreed with a lot of recent reviews, but I still enjoy hearing another viewpoint. Most critics though have some background in writing or something, which most message board users aren't going to have. Its just good or bad.

Not saying I give well thought out opinions. I'm just as bad.

Esch

Banned
i just like p4k trolling, i have to admit the MBTDF and channel orange stunts were master ploys of internet fuckery

codhand

pitchfork loved dizzee rascal....

a lot of things pitchfork loved, dont hold up, a lot do,

they've been around forever, and been through a lot of generations of writers, so it's hard to hate them in totality, given how many people have probably worked there at this point

i just like p4k trolling, i have to admit the MBTDF and channel orange stunts were master ploys of internet fuckery

Sometimes I can understand why people hate their writers haha. I actually agree with Siddx sometimes about how the writers over there get way too carried away talking about the artist instead of the album created. I remember like a year ago reading an EP review with like 4 tracks in it and they didn't even write about all the songs haha

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Sometimes I can understand why people hate their writers haha. I actually agree with Siddx sometimes about how the writers over there get way too carried away talking about the artist instead of the album created. I remember like a year ago reading an EP review with like 4 tracks in it and they didn't even write about all the songs haha

The writing is far to masturbatory. They are capable writers, but the talent is most wasted on bullshit stunts, gimmicks and self-fellatio.

codhand

yeah it's very political,

anything from williamsburg brooklyn was like guaranteed 7.0+ for a few years

they love to slaughter sacred cows tho

my least favorite thing really, is when they review rap...

Recon

Banned
Des is the only person I remember trying, and it's always glossed over.

My biggest problem with his quarterly mixtape round ups is the lack of artist names and album names. Plus no descriptions. It is just a list, which is cool, but not really that informative outside of the "sounds like" description he gives. I dont remember any other reviews he has done, but I probably am mistaken.

iavi

Y'all are very cute right now.

No lie, I've been hearing 'Cute' dropped during small back n forths lately, and every time, every damn time, I forfeit after hearing it. A conversation isn't coming back from something not cute at all being called cute. It just ain't.

Gaf-Hop is looking mighty cute right now though tbh. We all agreeing on most things. One of them RARE moments

Shoutouts to Peterboy who will be seeing Kitty Pryde in NYC

PBY

Banned
Preppy? Ima eschew my usual fashion sensibilities for a #RARE #BASED look that'll have the hypebeasts jelly.
Gaf-Hop is looking mighty cute right now though tbh. We all agreeing on most things. One of them RARE moments

Shoutouts to Peterboy who will be seeing Kitty Pryde in NYC

Mannn...

On the plus side, my been trill shit came in- where better to bust that out.

ecurbj

Aight. I'm at this Kendrick Lamar concert. My seats not all that great but I believe it should be pretty good. Especially since Ab-Soul and ScHoolboy Q might make an appearance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We talking shitty rap names?

R.A. The Rugged Man is probably the worst I've heard in my life. I will not check out a single thing from dude because of that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom