• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
The problem with being a beat maker is that there are hundreds of unsigned kids making pretty good shit. Cheap computers and pirated software makes beat making available to any talented individual who wants it. I guess what im saying is unless you are attached to the hip of some new flavor of the week(Like Young Chop having a ton of beats on Keef's projects), you pretty much go unnoticed.

cacophony

The problem with being a beat maker is that there are hundreds of unsigned kids making pretty good shit. Cheap computers and pirated software makes beat making available to any talented individual who wants it. I guess what im saying is unless you are attached to the hip of some new flavor of the week(Like Young Chop having a ton of beats on Keef's projects), you pretty much go unnoticed.

what youre saying pretty much applies to anything though. you just have to keep doing what you do and look for opportunities.

dudes like Cardiak, Black Metaphor never really were attached to one artist like Chop or Clams. its just a slower process that way.

Recon

Banned
what youre saying pretty much applies to anything though. you just have to keep doing what you do and look for opportunities.dudes like Cardiak, Black Metaphor never really were attached to one artist like Chop or Clams. its just a slower process that way.

I never said otherwise, it just makes the hustle that much harder. Also, I am talking about the current market for producers. And luck plays a huge factor, but thats with a lot of things. Not trying to be negative by the way, i like your music

This is only marginally hip hop related, but XXYYXX is so good

XXYYXX has been my shit for the last few months. After I heard About You, I got addicted to it. Now I'm addicted to Witching Hour. Soooo goood

Also I think Cole might be dropping something later on tonight

if anyone cares.

When is the Cole album supposed to drop?

June 25th I believe

3f4ae586b14211e2bcd822000aa80037_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom