• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
So fucking hyped for new yeezy album. I'm thinking the 18th will be the release of his first single, but idk.

That makes sense to me... but then I don't understand the SNL/Governors Ball dates.

The only thing I can think of is that he pushed the album up bc of the baby.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It would be hilarious if he just went up there and did Jesus Walks then left. People would be maaaad
Definitely.

I'm down for a Jesus Walks performance with like dancers lit on fire and a gigantic carved religious mural behind him tho

Jay Sosa

i'm sitting at work in my umbro shorts with no socks on and listening to art of wrestling while watching chelsea v basel. working alone is awesome.

Man it's been too long since I've visited this thread. Got a question for you guys. I just heard a song on the radio and it had a really unique beat but it I couldn't tell who was rapping. All I remember from lyrics was that he mentioned master p and rozay. Sound hound couldn't pick up what it was and hot 97s broadcast history skipped the time that it was on.

Jitters

I don't think there is a bad track on Legends Never Die. The production is consistently entertaining, he brings humor and sadness, he never lets up. What a great album.

Definition of a Rap Flow is an incredible track. There are a ton of incredible tracks on here.

Finally got my Czarface CD. God damn the beats on this shit. INS sounds like hes rhyming in the Wu Forever era. That Hazmat beat is a monster. Serious 90s hip hop sounds for us stuck in the 90s guys.

The Apollo Brown 12 Reasons is top album this year so far.

Finally got my Czarface CD. God damn the beats on this shit. INS sounds like hes rhyming in the Wu Forever era. That Hazmat beat is a monster. Serious 90s hip hop sounds for us stuck in the 90s guys.

The Apollo Brown 12 Reasons is top album this year so far.

I literally agree with everything you said, although Czarface is my rap aoty over the Brown tape (at least right now; I find myself playing the Brown tape nonstop lol). salute. That Hazmat beat broke my neck.

thabiz, explain your Brown tape hate :(

Detox

I don't think there is a bad track on Legends Never Die. The production is consistently entertaining, he brings humor and sadness, he never lets up. What a great album.

Definition of a Rap Flow is an incredible track. There are a ton of incredible tracks on here.

Word

I literally agree with everything you said, although Czarface is my rap aoty over the Brown tape (at least right now; I find myself playing the Brown tape nonstop lol). salute. That Hazmat beat broke my neck.

thabiz, explain your Brown tape hate :(

I love the OG 12 Reasons, but I think the Brown is just more replayable. Ghosts lyrics are mixed higher or something. Plus the beats really match the overall tone of the album really well for a remix album.

Watching Deck put out a project like this just shows that with the right team around him he coulda had them classic solos. His solos have terrible beats and dont even start on those dubstep remixes of Manifesto. 7l and Eso brought out the best of Deck. Guy has the talent but just has terrible beat selection and song choices on his solos.

Biz dont like the Brown tape? Im honestly shocked. Thought he woulda been all over that.

I love the OG 12 Reasons, but I think the Brown is just more replayable. Ghosts lyrics are mixed higher or something. Plus the beats really match the overall tone of the album really well for a remix album.

Watching Deck put out a project like this just shows that with the right team around him he coulda had them classic solos. His solos have terrible beats and dont even start on those dubstep remixes of Manifesto. 7l and Eso brought out the best of Deck. Guy has the talent but just has terrible beat selection and song choices on his solos.

Biz dont like the Brown tape? Im honestly shocked. Thought he woulda been all over that.

Deck is sort of like Talib to me, in the sense that I love him on guest spots but his solo stuff can be "too much" in a sense; he's better when he zooms in and out of tracks with 1-2 verses. Czarface works perfect because of that IMO. Things would be very different if RZA's basement didn't flood; a proper 90s Deck album would have featured enough Wu guest spots to ensure he didn't have to carry the album.

I'd love to hear a Deck+Apollo Brown solo, featuring heavy appearances from Rae, Meth, Streetlife, Cappa, Masta Killa, Killa Priest, RZA and Ghost. No one else from the Wu lol.

Yup. I can't even imagine how amazing Tical was pre-flood, same with Deck's album. Meth had a good career regardless but it would have really transformed Deck into a bigger Wu act.

Deck is sort of like Talib to me, in the sense that I love him on guest spots but his solo stuff can be "too much" in a sense; he's better when he zooms in and out of tracks with 1-2 verses. Czarface works perfect because of that IMO. Things would be very different if RZA's basement didn't flood; a proper 90s Deck album would have featured enough Wu guest spots to ensure he didn't have to carry the album.

I'd love to hear a Deck+Apollo Brown solo, featuring heavy appearances from Rae, Meth, Streetlife, Cappa, Masta Killa, Killa Priest, RZA and Ghost. No one else from the Wu lol.

Man you nailed it with Deck. That basement album woulda been exactly what Deck needed in terms of features and production.

Apollo style would suit Deck down to the ground.

RZA's basement flooding might be one of the biggest travesties in hip hop. So much dope shit lost forever.

No doubt man. Tical wouldve been better too. Shit hasnt aged very well as it is.

Tokubetsu

Czarface and Brown Tape are very dope. Laugh at everyone who thinks Younge version of 12 Reasons to Die is better. Brown Tape has a high chance of being my rap aoty.

codhand

Did you like the Younge version at all?

seeing the live version in eight days. lemme say, a good live band backing classic rappers, is the ideal way to see live rap

ILL BILL ‏@ILLB1LL

SO FUCKIN BUMMED OUT RIGHT NOW. RIP JEFF #SLAYER pic.twitter.com/MYK9kceilT

real_headzyqsyh.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Somebody said this to me today - "So, yeah, this one guy - you probably haven't heard of him J. Cole - came out some new shit. I think even you'd like it!"

Cudder

Mac Miller's new album to come out June 18 lol. he dun GOOFED. guess he didnt hear that Kanye is dropping something that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom