• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

any1 listening to new RA the Rugged Man album??

he had a live show in LA over the weekend, I was int the front and ended up getting struck in the head by him.

I was hella bleeding lol, it was good time tho.

from his new album:

i punch fans, i punch kids, i punch females, i punch cops/
i spit punchlines i dont need to punch clocks

you should have seen it coming....

"man this ra the rugged man album bout to be full of club bangers and chill smoke joints fuck yeah"
lol

nfsbbq

Club Banger feat. Vinnie Paz

codhand

That doesn't mean it can't be varied. RA can do varied shit. He just...didn't.

Oh well. Maybe in 11 more years he'll get it right.

it's pretty varied..for him at least...

i dont hear a bad beat or verse here. subject matter repetition / canibus syndrome notwithstanding

Esch

Banned
wait, making a reality show is work?
having a reality show sucks. id fucking kill someone if i had cameras on me that often, or at least assault and battery. shits a pain in the ass. plus being a professional sex symbol isnt easy. so she gave up neck on camera. lots of girls do that and they domt have what she does.

PBY

Banned
having a reality show sucks. id fucking kill someone if i had cameras on me that often, or at least assault and battery. shits a pain in the ass. plus being a professional sex symbol isnt easy. so she gave up neck on camera. lots of girls do that and they domt have what she does.
Yeah it's def work- imagine how exhausting having to think about every word youre about to say because it's gonna be broadcasted would be.

PBY

Banned
That doesn't mean it can't be varied. RA can do varied shit. He just...didn't.

Oh well. Maybe in 11 more years he'll get it right.
Yeah I mean I figured if it were just more of the same Ppl wouldn't be flipping their shit. I like rappity rap but it holds no replay value for me usually.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
How long did that take you? German is sort of similar to English in a alot of ways, so it's not difficult. I'm just lazy as shit.

About 4 years of living here..

But to be honest I didn't study as hard as I should have.. And I am far from fluent..

overcast

Mac Miller's new album to come out June 18 lol. he dun GOOFED. guess he didnt hear that Kanye is dropping something that day.
I really don't think Kanye will drop the album on the 18th. We'll see of course. WTT release date was announced pretty close. I think J. Cole may be okay a week after, Miller better run away if that is the case.

Recon

Banned
I dont think music has the same issue with big releases on the same day like film or video games. It is much easier to grab a few albums from itunes/best buy than it is to see multiple movies or buy multiple games.

overcast

I agree, but there is no way anybody will remember Miller on a day where Yeezy releases.

Though, Miller kind of has a solid fan base.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I dont think music has the same issue with big releases on the same day like film or video games. It is much easier to grab a few albums from itunes/best buy than it is to see multiple movies or buy multiple games.
Yeah, it's a much easier sell because of the lower price.

Matters more for Billboard bragging rights. Which a lot of folks seem to care a lot for (rappers and fans).

Real talk- if Yeezy went on her show he could boost his sales like crazy, he'd have a whole platform to pimp his shit to housewives. I respect that hes not doing it.
Contrary to what people think, I really don't think Ye is that much of an attention whore. His work ethic over the past few years is pretty much the opposite, not to mention he decided he wouldn't do media again and mostly stuck to that promise.

Recon

Banned
Yeah, it's a much easier sell because of the lower price.

Matters more for Billboard bragging rights. Which a lot of folks seem to care a lot for (rappers and fans).

I understand why the artists care, but lol at fans giving any fucks about chart position. I guess some cant just cant enjoy the music.

And yes, Yeezy is an attention whore, but he hates the media. He wouldnt wear half the shit he does if he didnt want attention.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I understand why the artists care, but lol at fans giving any fucks about chart position. I guess some cant just cant enjoy the music.
I think it gives fans a metric for success, and every fan wants their artist to be successful and not disappear. Usually musicians you like are around in some form or another even if they die in the mainstream, but people get really upset when their favourite artist doesn't do numbers or isn't as great to everyone else as they are to them. Finger pointing occurs afterwards.

And yes, Yeezy is an attention whore, but he hates the media. He wouldnt wear half the shit he does if he didnt want attention.
I don't think it's an attention thing, it's more of a wanting to make and set trends things. He's convinced himself he's a trendsetter and a pioneer for everything he does, and wants that to resonate, but you can do that without desiring attention explicitly. There's way more shit he does that he could exploit for attention if he was as thirsty as new artists and even his peers, but he just doesn't.

Recon

Banned
I think it gives fans a metric for success, and every fan wants their artist to be successful and not disappear. Usually musicians you like are around in some form or another even if they die in the mainstream, but people get really upset when their favourite artist doesn't do numbers or isn't as great to everyone else as they are to them. Finger pointing occurs afterwards.

It is just a dumb culture, who cares if your favorite artist didnt drop a number 1 record? As long as he/she sells well enough to continue making music, it really doesnt matter where they end up in the charts. We can see how stupid those conversations are just by entering pop-gaf threads.

I don't think it's an attention thing, it's more of a wanting to make and set trends things. He's convinced himself he's a trendsetter and a pioneer for everything he does, and wants that to resonate, but you can do that without desiring attention explicitly. There's way more shit he does that he could exploit for attention if he was as thirsty as new artists and even his peers, but he just doesn't.

I just think "trying" to set trends is a lot different than being a trendsetter and is super attention whore like. I like Yeezy, but I cant deny he likes attention.

cacophony

why do people think Ye's album comes out the 18th? its prob a single. 18th seems way too soon

altho maybe he wants to do what he kinda did with WTT and drop an album with zero promo or singles

Recon

Banned
why do people think Ye's album comes out the 18th? its prob a single. 18th seems way too soon

Im guessing he might want to avoid having his album drop near the birth of his child. Also, his being on snl this month makes sense for the single to drop well before June 18th. It is all speculation, but it isnt a far out theory.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just think "trying" to set trends is a lot different than being a trendsetter and is super attention whore like. I like Yeezy, but I cant deny he likes attention.
I get what your saying, and it comes off as trying too hard sometimes, other times it's kind of natural because of whatever he thinks is dope. I mean that's how fashion works right? Someone thinks their shit is dope, convinces themselves of it and then tries to force it to the open minded in the hopes it catches on. All depends on your perspective on the "be different" mentality and how far the person takes it.

IMO the people he wants attention from are not really fans or the media, or lots of people, which you traditionally think of when you think of an attention whore. He wants attention from elite fashion designers, artists, creators, other innovators and musicians (a bit less so since how close knit the game is already). I feel if Yeezy really wanted attention, he'd be making tons of vlogs, doing tons of rants just to keep in the daily TMZ news, doing promo runs, and generally watering down his brand. I think dude instead gets off to the fact that he has a legacy and core fanbase that means he will do decent numbers with close to zero promo and everyone will talk about him going about his regular life. He doesn't need to force something to gain attention because he has a satisfactory amount from being who he is, which is why he has Hawaii and most recently Paris as escapes. I don't even feel like any of those rants he does are for attention, he just does them because he really is that narcissistic dude that will say shit he probably shouldn't.

Recon

Banned
Yeah, probably. I just look at this:
Kanye-West-Mask.jpg

and shake my head. It justs feels like he is trying too hard.

Detox

I actually had the opposite feeling with RA's album I thought it was rappity rap for the first half and was starting to get bored even though technically he is great. Then the subject matter got more diverse and his flow slowed down slightly, the latter half has songs about being a piece of shit, his dad and his attempt at being inspirational. I enjoyed it a lot like jitters said he is constantly entertaining throughout the album. I hope he drops albums at a quicker pace now, he mentioned on the combat jack show that he is mentally ready to put in work now.

CRS

That girl I posted yesterday(Germfree) smokes this dude. Ninja is garbage.

I watched that all girl cypher video and she was the best one out of that entire group. Most were whatever but there was that all-Spanish verse that came up. Shit made me cringe. Name calling or insults are bad enough as it is but they sound even more cheesy in Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom