• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

668586412-1.jpg

Nutso - I Plead the 5th EP

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
About 4 years of living here..

But to be honest I didn't study as hard as I should have.. And I am far from fluent..

Watching Ace bust out the Japanese was hilarious. Some people really couldn't grasp that those words were coming out of his mouth.

codhand

Wait, what?

That remix along with the rest of the tape is really solid.

Y'all are doing a disservice to yourselves.

it's clear dude is talented, but that is all sorts of no, not sure what made him think that was a cool idea.

add to that i dont wanna hear lana del ray's regular singing voice, let alone a chipmunk'd version of it

codhand

I didnt like "weed" rap until I started smoking it heavily. Now it is some of my favorite kind of rap. So fucking chill.

dude, you love talking about how weed has changed your life, im thinking you must be joking at this point, whats the deal?

CRS

Yo were you as hyped on that Bones/Ethelwulf as me?

YES. Dude is in contention for Artist of the Year right now. He's killing right now.

I followed the rabbithole and quickly skimmed through his bandcamp page. It's pretty good stuff. Gimme a sec.

HiResDes

Yo appreciate this man. Always down to hear some Burn One production. Scotty has never wowed me from what i've heard in the past and he's worked a lot with Burn One before but I will definitely give this a listen.

Yo you hooked me on with so much Bay Area shit in the past...BTW you hear that Twerk Chair lol?

...Oh yo I have that Teenager tape, didn't even realize it was the same dude lol...Actually this is way doper than I remember, something clicked with me.

HiResDes

Des, do you keep all the music you download?

Most of it, yes...I have gotten rid of a lot of my classic rock and various old standbys (classic albums that I've played to death) to save a little space. Anything I get tired of gets relinquished to me old external hard drive.

...I downloaded all of the Bones tapes!

Most of it, yes...I have gotten rid of a lot of my classic rock and various old standbys (classic albums that I've played to death) to save a little space. Anything I get tired of gets relinquished to me old external hard drive.

...I downloaded all of the Bones tapes!

God damn. Was just thinking you must have a serious library of music. Im crazy slow at consuming music, where as you and Biz are basically on top of everything that drops.

CRS

Man, I couldn't do that. I rarely ever delete music. If I download something, it's (usually) because I already like something on there from previewing it and if I like at least one song, I have to keep the entire tape.

Space is not an issue with me so there's never a reason for me to delete something. I think I have close around 200 GB of music (Slowly converting everything to FLAC).

Man, I couldn't do that. I rarely ever delete music. If I download something, it's (usually) because I already like something on there from previewing it and if I like at least one song, I have to keep the entire tape.

Space is not an issue with me so there's never a reason for me to delete something. I think I have close around 200 GB of music (Slowly converting everything to FLAC).

Is there a noticeable difference with FLAC? The file sizes are always huge

ET36 is just now getting to the naughties

Im gettting there... Slowly lol. Been listening to a lot of Rick Ross, 2Chainz and shit thats dropped recently, dont have a whole lot of time to listen to music though.

HiResDes

I have about that as well, but mines in mostly V0 MP3 and AAC, but no I don't delete it before saving it on my external.

Most people can't tell the difference between V0 MP3 and FLAC, especially if you're rocking Beats.

CRS

Is there a noticeable difference with FLAC? The file sizes are always huge
From 320 kbps to FLAC, not really. Compared to lower bit rates yes. Plus I don't really have the equipment right now that takes advantage of it. But I have the storage and download capacity so there's no reason for me not to.

Plus, with Spotify having a really good amount of music I listen to and in 320 kbps, I have no reason to put files on my phone. They just don't have hip-hop mixtapes and a some Bandcamp stuff so I put it those albums on my phone when I get a chance.

I really, really miss Audiogalaxy. Fuck Dropbox.

Just now ordered another 2 TB drive because it was getting full with games. Soon, I'll have 1 HD each for games, music, and movies/TV shows.

I have about that as well, but mines in mostly V0 MP3 and AAC, but no I don't delete it before saving it on my external.

Most people can't tell the difference between V0 MP3 and FLAC, especially if you're rocking Beats.

Lmao...

But like say listening to music in the car, is FLAC worth the space it takes? Ive never even so much as sampled anything in it.

From 320 kbps to FLAC, not really. Compared to lower bit rates yes. Plus I don't really have the equipment right now that takes advantage of it. But I have the storage and download capacity so there's no reason for me not to.

Plus, with Spotify having a really good amount of music I listen to and in 320 kbps, I have no reason to put files on my phone. They just don't have hip-hop mixtapes and a some Bandcamp stuff so I put it those albums on my phone when I get a chance.

I really, really miss Audiogalaxy. Fuck Dropbox.

Dumb question... Is Spotify a paid service?

codhand

never thought id say this but i like the busta twerk track better than the rza track

i fucking stan for FLAC so hard

RIP audiogalaxy, which gave me songs i still cant find to this day..

CRS

Dumb question... Is Spotify a paid service?

Mobile yes. Desktop no but ads played in between some number of songs and no higher quality option to stream.

And licensing issues are different from States and UK/Europe. I know I've come across some music that isn't available in the States but elsewhere. Not sure how different it would be for you.

Mobile yes. Desktop no but ads played in between some number of songs and no higher quality option to stream.

And licensing issues are different from States and UK/Europe. I know I've come across some music that isn't available in the States but elsewhere. Not sure how different it would be for you.

Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the info. Probably no point for me so. I use a USB drive in the car and Im so stuck in the 90s I dont have a smartphone.

Man I delete so much stuff, rearrange albums on occasion too. If something isn't great, then it's just taking up space.

Oh, that Jigga $100 Bill track was produced by Ratatat btw.

CRS

i didnt like this video the first time it got posted on gaf,

the best way to try the test, is to rip a cd in mp3 320, then in flac.

The point of an ABX test is to remove any influence in your capability to "tell the difference" and cloud your opinion.

Basically creating a double-blind test.

Edit: Unless you meant comparing those two rips and using an ABX test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom