• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

The point of an ABX test is to remove any influence in your capability to "tell the difference".

Basically creating a double-blind test.

which it fails at in my opinion, by
A) streaming over the internet,
B) choosing some shitty acoustic guitar thing, and
C) having no clue what the source file's original quality was....

have a friend rip the cd and play it, there's a difference, only reason i care is because i think the music industry as a whole lost a lot with the transition to mp3, that it may never get back,

i agree the diff can be subtle, and without a comparison i have trouble myself guessing mp3, or lossless

CRS

My edit understood your post a bit better.

Yeah.

But, the point of that video was not, in and of itself, an ABX test. It was a guide on how to do it and how it works.

Jay Sosa

Also, this. Edit: Careful with the lower frequencies. Make sure volume is low on headphones/speakers.

If you can listen to the frequency above 18-19 kHz, then you can maybe be able to tell the difference.

damn 15 is the highest. Does that mean I'm almost deaf? I wonder how many frequencies Snoop can hear.

EDIT: Oh I just means I'm old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJjk7...Ez5A9i&index=5

wow finally rap music has evolved back to 2unlimited.

CRS

damn 15 is the highest. Does that mean I'm almost deaf? I wonder how many frequencies Snoop can hear.

Check your hearing with a list of tones that go from 8Hz all the way up to 22,000Hz. It’s fairly common for people who are over 25 years of age to not be able to hear above 15kHz and also experience some level of hearing loss or hearing damage such as tinnitus. This online test will help you find out where your high frequency hearing cuts off.

You geezer. :p

Try a different pair of headphones or speakers. You might be able to listen to 16 kHz.

I could listen to the 20 kHz audio much better through my speakers than I could with my headphones. And 21 kHz is clearly noticeable with my speakers.

Esch

Banned

lawd.png

CRS

I just wish Grime didn't ruin the atmosphere of every fucking remix he ever does. 1:03 is what I'm talking about in that What A Shame remix.

But, RL Grime has one of my favorite artist names ever.

CRS

At least I have another great track for my playlist tonight. I'm getting ridiculously high and even though I have a little left, it's just enough to smoke myself out.

Edit: Sorry for all this drug talk recently. I give you music as compensation. new(?) exquire track most likely not new. :(

codhand

At least I have another great track for my playlist tonight. I'm getting ridiculously high and even though I have a little left, it's just enough to smoke myself out.

Edit: Sorry for all this drug talk recently. I give you music as compensation. new(?) exquire track most likely not new. :(

for real, couldnt you have started smoking at 15 like everyone else? shit is practically legal (or literally legal, CO.) now in many states, thus removing a large portion of its swag appeal

cdyhybrid

This is dope. Love the bassline. So short though!

PBY

Banned
Okay I cracked, listened to this RA. Its a little repetitive, but ya'll were right. Its hoooot as fuuuuuuuck. Definitely a step up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom