• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

rnUhiZR.gif
rnUhiZR.gif
rnUhiZR.gif

cacophony

It boggles my mind how someone can stan so hard for future, yet hate Cudi. Future is like the trap version of cudi.

wat, Cudi is the complete opposite of Future. He has shit production, raps about how big of a loser he is, and can't make a good hook to save his life

alright so quick thoughts on DB tonight

I drive from SW VA (where I'm at school) to NC to get to this place. It's over 2 and a half hours there. I've been sick the last week, but it's my turn to drive between my friends. So after waiting in line for an hour shooting the stuff, we get in and the venue is SMALL. Much smaller than I anticipated. This local rapper gets on for fifteen and he totally sucks, really embarrassing stuff but that's whatever. Then Kitty gets up and she's acting (not to sound too pervy) completely sexy. Dropping to her knees and doing all that pouty stuff she does. I'm right at the stage so she's practically leaning on my friends and me throughout her performance, which I was more than okay with.

the wlkr got on and did a set for about 20 minutes. played cuz my gear and some wacka and the place went nuts. I didn't think it could get any wilder but then the man himself showed up. Opened with Jealousy and the place was screaming every word. Last time I saw him w/ ASAP and nobody really knew his material, but here, shit was completely different. Everyone was a huge fan. P sure we all rapped every single word of every song with him. I got knocked around, knocked others around but it was all in good fun. Tons of stage diving. Then all the gals got up on stage and danced with danny as he closed out with #expressyourself

now I'm finally back home after driving for another 3 hours and I feel p terrible, but it was so so so worth it.

best song of the night: DOPE SONG. I've never jumped higher at a show. That song is literally bananas live. The other new track "Dip" is great too.

Definitely see him if he stops by! A TURNTUP show indeed

DominoKid

my buddy tried to go to that but he couldnt get in until after danny performed or something like that.

if it's the spot i'm thinking it'd be at, then yeah that joint is small as hell.

Jay Sosa

Fear of a black planet > takes a nation

My ballsack being ripped open by a bear wearing wolverine claws > future

lol, couldn't agree more. On the future part I mean.

My favorite PE record (have the first pressing on vinyl thanks to my older brother) is the one with my uzi weighs a ton. No wait I mean PE No.1, same album anyway.

Btw: from wiki
The album charted for 49 weeks on the US Billboard 200, peaking at number 42. By August 1989, it was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America, for shipments of one million copies in the United States

Nowadays you can have a top 10 album and don't come close to a million or even half of that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The similarities are there if you aren't deaf, just saying. Future does cudi just in a different lane.

Yeah I must be deaf then

What do they do that is the same?

The subject matter the style and everything is 100 percent different

Recon

Banned
I swear some of you acting dumb, I never said the content was the same. I explicitly said they were different, jesus fuck...They both do the shitty sing song rap style. That is all I am fucking saying, fuck. I swear im talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Switch Crudi and Future and you spot on
Hook game is fucked right now

there will be a day when you seek godly hooks that get the shawtys droppin but it is not this day. a day when men must grind, and gyals must wine but it is not this day! this day we sleep! he lacks image and rep, but by all you hold dear i bid you listen to riff raff!

god damn that took a lot out of me. okay i'm going to bed now. good night guys.

uhhhh btw Future > T Pain > Cudi for hooks

but the versace python is coming.

p.s. kid cuddi is so shit. that creepers what the fuck was that? toku is clownin trying to say that's the best track off cruel summer. i KNOW he dont believe that shit. man on the moon is but a fleeting memory now

Recon

Banned
I never thought I would see a day when that fool from that MTV show was getting people legitimately hyped. I remember making fun of him so much back then. Either way, I hope it has ZERO serious shit, and all fun music.

And people hate on Cudi making shit music should seriously look into Future's back catalogue. I mean, Tony Montana? Contender for worst song of the year in whatever year it was shat out.

iavi

Ay, Ninjas, Badu DJs? She had an almost 30-40min long set before Bonobo came on.

Absolutely horrible at it, but she played some dope cuts.

She came back out later to perform 'Heaven for a Sinner,' a track off of Northern Boarders, with Bonobo.

Recon

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3xU0h92FN8

my friend...change your avatar. that boring ass eyore winnie the pooh can't even get on this level oh oh ohhhhh.

edit: lolwtf badu dj's now too? oh well at least you got to see bonobo. was prolly a dope set.

Raff should stay to making hooks, because everything outside of that is borderline shit, and at best mediocre. And I like raff...What separates me from you lesser fools is I know and accept a lot of music I like his objectively bad. I like Cudi, I like Wayne, I like Raff, I like Future. All are pretty shitty rappers, yet I dont care.

cacophony

tony montana is probably my least favorite Future song, but the fact that you can instantly hear the 2 word hook in your head whenever its mentioned is a testament to future's hook game

Recon

Banned
tony montana is probably my least favorite Future song, but the fact that you can instantly hear the 2 word hook in your head whenever its mentioned is a testament to future's hook game

I never said he wasnt great at making catchy hooks. But you confuse that with being a good artist. Nate God was the hook king, I never wanted to hear any solo work though. And saying two words repeatedly doesnt make it a good hook. Anyone who likes KRIT knows that.

iavi

edit: lolwtf badu dj's now too? oh well at least you got to see bonobo. was prolly a dope set.

She was listed in the set list, so I knew she was going to get some set of her own, but I thought I was in for one of her on the mic killing it--Heeeeellll nah. Girl came on, bowed, and walked behind a table to open up iTunes DJ and play assorted animal noises on a pad as transitions. She absolutely controlled the crowd when came back out later to take the mic up, though.

Bonobo was indeed crazy; all his tracks were performed live, and arranged in a way that made them crazy danceable. Honestly, dude's set was dropping a shit ton heavier than Bauuer's when I saw him with Danny, and it didn't even seem as if it was trying to.

Jay Sosa

I never said he wasnt great at making catchy hooks. But you confuse that with being a good artist. Nate God was the hook king, I never wanted to hear any solo work though. And saying two words repeatedly doesnt make it a good hook. Anyone who likes KRIT knows that.

His double album is nice though, sure there were a lot of features but I was pleasantly surprised.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I swear some of you acting dumb, I never said the content was the same. I explicitly said they were different, jesus fuck...They both do the shitty sing song rap style. That is all I am fucking saying, fuck. I swear im talking to a brick wall sometimes.

But they don't

Crudi is closer to Drake than Future

Jay Sosa

T-Pain can actually make great songs* without that autotune crap (or over-usage of autotune). Plus he at least uses it the right way most of futures shit sounds like he has no fucking idea what he's doing.

*Fly Away

and the cudi-future comparison is going completely over my head.

Jay Sosa

I actually liked both his first 2 albums, nothing midblwoing but nice, mellow rnb. Future on the other hand...well I guess it's music for the kids nowadays. If they like it..good for them.

Song is much nicer without wayne imho

at least he still had that Carter 1 flow back then.

hubes

you a fool for this one. nates solo game is on point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom