• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

Yo gaf hop fam, i need to vent. My sister just told me I should have been born black because I am against racism. I cant...my family...I just cant.

I'm used to hearing offensive shit, but that... That is just dumb.

New topid for white gaf-hop: what's the most racist thing you heard from other white people?

Mine has to be, when a plane crashed in Queens, "that's a black neighorhood, isn't it? No problem then"

Recon

Banned
I don't understand. Are only black people against racism?

The mind boggles.

I'm used to hearing offensive shit, but that... That is just dumb.

Also, after I told her that as a white male, I am part of the most privileged class in american, so I dont need looking out for, she preceded to tell me that white people have it harder than others because of minority only scholarships.... I called her views harmful and full of stupidity, and I cant be around her. My mind is still trying to comprehend her stupidity.

Also, after I told her that as a white male, I am part of the most privileged class in american, so I dont need looking out for, she preceded to tell me that white people have it harder than others because of minority only scholarships.... I called her views harmful and full of stupidity, and I cant be around her. My mind is still trying to comprehend her stupidity.
My ex thought the same thing some time after we broke up. She's white. It was weird as hell hearing this complaint.

Recon

Banned
My ex thought the same thing. She was white. It was weird as hell hearing this complaint.

I honestly am at the point where I need to cut off all ties to her. Her views are backwards as hell and all these years of me trying to educate her and help her change hasnt helped. I am in a place in my life where I just cant accept this behavior from family.

Kwixotik

Is your sister going to college? If so, she obviously doesn't need the scholarships that bad so tell her to stfu. Actually don't, because she doesn't seem like she's gonna change her views.

Recon

Banned
Is your sister going to college? If so, she obviously doesn't need the scholarships that bad so tell her to stfu. Actually don't, because she doesn't seem like she's gonna change her views.

She just got her Nursing degree, so she is done, but yeah. She is also an entitled brat.

Recon

Banned
I generally like my siblings. my brother is a boring fuck but at least his hearts in the right place

You are lucky. My half brother and I talk maybe 2-3 times a year, despite him leaving across the street from my parents, and my sister is....well, you can read what I wrote lol.

Jitters

alright so quick thoughts on DB tonight

I drive from SW VA (where I'm at school) to NC to get to this place. It's over 2 and a half hours there. I've been sick the last week, but it's my turn to drive between my friends. So after waiting in line for an hour shooting the stuff, we get in and the venue is SMALL. Much smaller than I anticipated. This local rapper gets on for fifteen and he totally sucks, really embarrassing stuff but that's whatever. Then Kitty gets up and she's acting (not to sound too pervy) completely sexy. Dropping to her knees and doing all that pouty stuff she does. I'm right at the stage so she's practically leaning on my friends and me throughout her performance, which I was more than okay with.

the wlkr got on and did a set for about 20 minutes. played cuz my gear and some wacka and the place went nuts. I didn't think it could get any wilder but then the man himself showed up. Opened with Jealousy and the place was screaming every word. Last time I saw him w/ ASAP and nobody really knew his material, but here, shit was completely different. Everyone was a huge fan. P sure we all rapped every single word of every song with him. I got knocked around, knocked others around but it was all in good fun. Tons of stage diving. Then all the gals got up on stage and danced with danny as he closed out with #expressyourself

now I'm finally back home after driving for another 3 hours and I feel p terrible, but it was so so so worth it.

best song of the night: DOPE SONG. I've never jumped higher at a show. That song is literally bananas live. The other new track "Dip" is great too.

Definitely see him if he stops by! A TURNTUP show indeed

Do you have to be 21 to get in?

I have two cool brothers. I also have a brother who I haven't talked to in about 3 years, maybe longer He's the definition of an asshole; he enjoys nothing more than torturing my parents with his diva, dramatic bullshit - I've simply decided that I won't give him the satisfaction of attention. He does and says stupid shit just to rile people up, he has stolen from me multiple times, etc.

CRS

REJOICE

Lil SAD - You Were Right

rejoice.png

++ EP coming soon.

iavi

Do you have to be 21 to get in?

Yeah, Danny was a 21+ show when I went.

He's actually coming back to Oakland this month, I think. I'd see dude again, but my event money is about spent with AX, summer jams and Wiz's under the influence tour.

Might see Tyler on the 20th, though

Matugi

I'm really conflicted on Danny Brown. I really like him in some songs (Grown Up, EWNESW) but really am not a fan of others.

Jitters

Yeah, Danny was a 21+ show when I went.

He's actually coming back to Oakland this month, I think. I'd see dude again, but my event money is about spent with AX, summer jams and Wiz's under the influence tour.

Might see Tyler on the 20th, though

The guy in the Danny Brown thread also said it was 21 and up. :(

Now I am depressed.

When I went it wasn't 21+ or at least didn't seem that way?

Yeah, ThanksVision, Dope Song sounds hype as fuck live. That deep danny brown voice on the chorus manye

njean777

Yo gaf hop fam, i need to vent. My sister just told me I should have been born black because I am against racism. I cant...my family...I just cant.

Dont feel bad. I live with a religious conservative bigot of a father that tries to antagonize my liberal beliefs daily almost. It sucks but I need to finish college so I have to deal with it for a while longer.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm lucky, I didn't get along with my sisters when I was younger, but we are close now. My youngest is a cool as hell, same personality as me. And my middle sister is the most reliable person I know, you need something done, you ask her and she'll have it done twice. I have people in my extended family that I would shake the shit out of to get some common sense put into them though. Grown ass men and women (mostly women honestly) fighting over the stupidest shit.
Its funny how once you become an adult you start to notice how immature and foolish the adults in your life can be.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Its funny how once you become an adult you start to notice how immature and foolish the adults in your life can be.

To me that is the most reliable sign you've become an adult and sadly to many people grow old and die and never reach that mental state.

ecurbj

Section 80 is so good.
You ain't neva lie, bruh! I know I'm late but I was at a Kendrick Lamar concert here in Delawho (Delaware) a few days ago and man, he performed a few traps off Section.80 that was dope. I lost it and immediately downloaded it that night.

Esch

Banned
I gotta say. that started from the bottom beat is really dope. the song would be too if it wasnt for that shit singing.

btw i heard some of the new wayne yall were bigging up. still fucking basura. even the beats arent that good. id rather listen to Young Scooter than that shit.

mooooose

I gotta say. that started from the bottom beat is really dope. the song would be too if it wasnt for that shit singing.

btw i heard some of the new wayne yall were bigging up. still fucking basura. even the beats arent that good. id rather listen to Young Scooter than that shit.
Agree, the song itself got old fast but the beat on that is really dope and 5am in Toronto has a good beat too. Not as good though.

Esch

Banned
I hate when he starts singing at the end of 5 am in Toronto. Shit is good, then he just starts feeling himself too much and starts singing.
yea tbh its when drake does the 'awwwwwhhhhhh aw nooooooooouuu' crooning that i start to hate him. he just has this way of singing that really turns me off. hes just really not that good at it i guess

mooooose

In hindsight, WOLF had really good instrumentals and some really good songs. I liked it a lot.

This beat really goes, especially on the chorus. I loved the layered synths and vocal sample.

Jamba

I hate most of OF as rappers though. They are competent at best, ballsack at worst.

I am fucking tripping or is that link Moooose posted all fucked up. My screen gets all fucked up looking at it.

Edit: Okay, i guess it was just my computer.

CRS

I'm lucky, I didn't get along with my sisters when I was younger, but we are close now. My youngest is a cool as hell, same personality as me. And my middle sister is the most reliable person I know, you need something done, you ask her and she'll have it done twice. I have people in my extended family that I would shake the shit out of to get some common sense put into them though. Grown ass men and women (mostly women honestly) fighting over the stupidest shit.

It's incredibly sad when your family members (cousins) growing under those foolish adults turn out just like them.

mooooose

I am fucking tripping or is that link Moooose posted all fucked up. My screen gets all fucked up looking at it.

Edit: Okay, i guess it was just my computer.
I'm always flattered when people capitalize my name and try to get the number of o's right, but I only took this name because "moose" was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom