• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's doris but I don't know where you're getting that tracklist? I can't find anything about it

but some of those songs are older

I have no idea

Recon

Banned
kinda late on this. but damn...where do you live?

Michigan, she wondered why I never stick up for white people. I was like, "what are these white causes that I apparently shun in favor of other races?" She had no good answer. I dont think she is racist, but just very ignorant.

Jitters

Somebody posted a tracklist like that on the OF forums.

The reason I ask about Old is because I understand you get the CD with the VIP package at his shows. Correct?

Recon

Banned
Yeah, I really dont know how a track list is boring or hype. Only thing I get from a tracklist is how good the features will be.

Esch

Banned
tracklist just makes it seems like a by the numbers Odd Future cut aka not worth my time and never worth my money

its a sad thing cause earl has the spark. he could be better than this.

CRS

Yeah, I really dont know how a track list is boring or hype. Only thing I get from a tracklist is how good the features will be.

I can see people get excited for it if they saw certain amount of features or specific artists featured but it varies by the album.

But in Earl's case, I think it's the OF features that will have people worried. I'm surprised there isn't a FlyLo/Murphy feature which makes me believe the tracklist might be fake. No production credits either so FlyLo might have just provided production. Prod. credits will get a big response as well.

Recon

Banned
Eh, I always thought Earl was only hyped because of how shit everyone else was in OF. His stuff has always been hit or miss, for me anyways.

mooooose

tracklist just makes it seems like a by the numbers Odd Future cut aka not worth my time and never worth my money

its a sad thing cause earl has the spark. he could be better than this.

Honestly what more do you want? He has his legit Pharrell production, he has MF DOOM track, he has his Alchemist beat... he isn't striving for much more.

Esch

Banned
unpredictability. i want an earl and lord infamous track.

i dunno. maybe a better sense of scale. these guys are big names but i dont see them looking to address anything or anyone outside of their fanbase. its just not impressive..maybe im just food drunk from this cinco de mayo feast

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
unpredictability. i want an earl and lord infamous track.

i dunno. maybe a better sense of scale. these guys are big names but i dont see them looking to address anything or anyone outside of their fanbase. its just not impressive..maybe im just food drunk from this cinco de mayo feast

They celebrate that shit in India???

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I wish I wasn't that guy that hates people celebrating Cinco de Mayo.

"Hey everyone, time to get drunk off Coronas instead. Feliz Cinco de Mayo!"

bwahaha

what do you have against Coronas?

WanderingWind

Not really. They are great partying beers... don't get it twisted. But they are easy to drink when you are moving through clubs

Right. Easy to listen to/drink. Something you throw on/down and then promptly forget about. Sells an inexplicable amount, even though there is tons of shit in the same genre that is much better. Yet, everybody sort of likes it. Nobody is saying either are their favorite.

Fin.

All beer is the game of beers. Grown, educated men drink whiskey.

Grown men drink whatever the hell they want. There are some absolutely amazing beers!

CRS

Right. Easy to listen to/drink. Something you throw on/down and then promptly forget about. Sells an inexplicable amount, even though there is tons of shit in the same genre that is much better. Yet, everybody sort of likes it. Nobody is saying either are their favorite.

Fin.

And they have one classic to come from them.

Corona+Familiar.JPG

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Fail.

fixed

CRS

cervezas and tequila just arent that good straight up.

Cervezas I disagree and by straight up, you mean drinking it neat/rocks/up (martini)? If so, then I agree. I never buy tequila and only drink it if others buy it for me. And it's almost always shots.

I rarely go out but tequila is almost always the alcohol used for shots.

As someone who hates how bitter beer is, any recommendations?

Modelo Especial or Dos Equis. Try the Dos Equis first.

Recon

Banned
Cervezas I disagree and by straight up, you mean drinking it neat/rocks/up (martini)? If so, then I agree. I never buy tequila and only drink it if others buy it for me. And it's almost always shots.

I rarely go out but tequila is almost always the alcohol used for shots.

Modelo Especial or Dos Equis. Try the Dos Equis first.

Cool, thanks, ill try it.

mooooose

I think this is one of the last times Doom really WOWED me... I just love this verse and this song. This is a cool video too.

November Has Come

Figures Doom would be the dude not to show up to the concert, lol.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more Doom x Damon Albarn x Thom Yorke, considering where he has been the last couple years. Fuck, even some more Doom x Dangermouse. I hope Doom still has it in him... when was the last time he produced something?

edit - NVM Albarn was on JJ DOOM. That's awesome. I still want more.

WanderingWind

You know I'm right.

Hefeweizens aren't bitter. Neither are most red or brown ales. Go to a place like World Market or BevMo and try a selection of types and see what works. There is something out there that you'll like. It's virtually impossible to dislike all beers, as they're as varied as like, candy.

And they have one classic to come from them.

Corona+Familiar.JPG

I can't drink these any more after I went drinking with a group of Mexican Marines and they convinced me to try some weird brew with hot sauce, salt and like, tomato juice.

Recon

Banned
You know I'm right.

Hefeweizens aren't bitter. Neither are most red or brown ales. Go to a place like World Market or BevMo and try a selection of types and see what works. There is something out there that you'll like. It's virtually impossible to dislike all beers, as they're as varied as like, candy.

Aight, Ill give some of the suggestions a shot. I just find unless a beer is crazy cold, I have a hard time drinking it.

judging the quality of an album by its tracklist

ffs

note: I know we've heard a handful of those songs, but sheesh. People write stuff off before they even hear it

CRS

I can't drink these any more after I went drinking with a group of Mexican Marines and they convinced me to try some weird brew with hot sauce, salt and like, tomato juice.

That's called a Michelada and they're fucking disgusting. I hope you punched them or wished their future kin ill for making you drink that shit.

Ugh. Ashamed of being Hispanic cause of that drink.

WanderingWind

That's called a Michelada and they're fucking disgusting. I hope you punched them or wished their future kin ill for making you drink that shit.

Ugh. Ashamed of being Hispanic cause of that drink.

They were disgusting. I still drank, like, 5 of them. Had to keep up with my Latino bros.

A man has his pride. Marines...we get fucking stupid with it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Allagash

I guarantee you that as soon as you try the white, you'll trust them to deliver the same quality across all of their lines.

One of the very few breweries I have ever committed to try each flavor and seasonal releases.

Dereck

I think this is one of the last times Doom really WOWED me... I just love this verse and this song. This is a cool video too.

November Has Come

Figures Doom would be the dude not to show up to the concert, lol.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more Doom x Damon Albarn x Thom Yorke, considering where he has been the last couple years. Fuck, even some more Doom x Dangermouse. I hope Doom still has it in him... when was the last time he produced something?

edit - NVM Albarn was on JJ DOOM. That's awesome. I still want more.
I agree with this post.

mooooose

I just got around to watching the Wu-Tang performance at Coachella that everyone was ragging on... I don't see how it's any worse than any rap concert I've ever seen. It's actually pretty decent. I was expecting worse. It kinda feels magical seeing them all on the same stage. That rarely happens anymore.

4th Chamber is my favorite hip hop beat I think. Ever. It is magic.

edit - I don't think I've ever seen GZA do his verse to that song live when anyone else is there... kinda funny. Same thing with Raekwon on Guillotine/Swordz

It also sucks they have to pander to people who have only really heard Enter the 36 Chambers.. all the white kids who bought the vinyl from Urban Outfitters for $35. Really sucks because their discography has better stuff in it that goes unrepresented and sounds better live. Those old 36 Chamber beats sounds really dusty in a stadium, and not in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom