• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

In hindsight, WOLF had really good instrumentals and some really good songs. I liked it a lot.

This beat really goes, especially on the chorus. I loved the layered synths and vocal sample.

Jamba

I hate most of OF as rappers though. They are competent at best, ballsack at worst.
No OF rapper on Wolf was below average like they usually are. Trashwang doesn't count.

mooooose

Yeah but I think he's doing it in joking self-aware way, so it makes it funnier.
I mean, you can take it that way, but I don't think so.

I think he is as serious as ASAP Rocky was when he made a song with the chorus "See me in the hood, the gangstas sayin wassup? Aaayyyy". And it was hot. Q is just vibing all over the track, but he's not joking. And that's fine.

If you have charisma, you can get away with it. Krit doesn't have the charisma to make a shitty chorus sound hot. It's especially jarring because his verses are so good.

Tokubetsu

I'm lucky, I didn't get along with my sisters when I was younger, but we are close now. My youngest is a cool as hell, same personality as me. And my middle sister is the most reliable person I know, you need something done, you ask her and she'll have it done twice. I have people in my extended family that I would shake the shit out of to get some common sense put into them though. Grown ass men and women (mostly women honestly) fighting over the stupidest shit.
Its funny how once you become an adult you start to notice how immature and foolish the adults in your life can be.

Yea my sister is five years older and we were fighting all the way up until I graduated high school. Once we had both been shook by real world bullshit we had new understanding of each other. First time I seriously drank and smoked was with her and that was sort of the breaking point. We don't see each other often (she's across country) but we're good now. She can be a bit of an emotional vampire, very draining to talk to but It's all love.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Q is open about being a fake that doesn't live what he raps, but he takes pleasure in putting legitimacy into the character. Indeed it is charisma and conviction.

mooooose

At least Q's character is himself in the past and not an imaginary drug dealer. I'm so tired of all this boss gangsta shit. Everyone is a boss and a don now.

mooooose

I have a bad feeling about Q's album.
His verse on PMW was amazing, his verse on Demolition Men was tight with the adlibs, Yay Yay is a great song with ok verses, Hit Em Up would've been hot if it was a well recorded song and not a freestyle, and Gangsta goes so fucking hard.

You're bugging.

Dude will always be in Kendricks shadow. Where he belongs quite honestly.

Ay PD, what you think of Bronsons verse on Raw?? Same bullshit boring ass flow as always, shit nearly ruins that song for me. The fact that song is straight after the song with Ghost just validates he's a poor mans GFK.

Loving this album.

Recon

Banned
I just want a TDE album. Also, I think Jay Rock has the best chance to make a great album. I don't see Q or Ab making something better than their previous.

I thought Bronson was fine on the Czarface track. His verse on the Joey Badass track is good though. Way better than Joey's HORRIBLE verse and chorus.

Cudder

I mean, you can take it that way, but I don't think so.

I think he is as serious as ASAP Rocky was when he made a song with the chorus "See me in the hood, the gangstas sayin wassup? Aaayyyy". And it was hot. Q is just vibing all over the track, but he's not joking. And that's fine.

If you have charisma, you can get away with it. Krit doesn't have the charisma to make a shitty chorus sound hot. It's especially jarring because his verses are so good.

Q has more charisma than Krit OOOOOOOOOOOOKAY

I just want a TDE album. Also, I think Jay Rock has the best chance to make a great album. I don't see Q or Ab making something better than their previous.

Ab and Q both already made really good albums, their next efforts would have to be AOTY type stuff to make large progressions over their last albums. Jay Rock's album had some good tracks but he has a lot more room for improvement.

Recon

Banned
Ab and Q both already made really good albums, their next efforts would have to be AOTY type stuff to make large progressions over their last albums. Jay Rock's album had some good tracks but he has a lot more room for improvement.

You just said exactly what i said, just with more words. But yeah, agree completely.

Cudder

If by charisma you mean either always being stoned out of his mind for interviews or his monotone rapping then yes, Q exudes it.

he's not monotone on many songs in HnC. or anytime he's on a track with asap rocky

and yes Ab Soul and Q are gonna have a tough time with these upcoming projects because their last albums were so good. both better than good kid maad city

Ab Soul's flow on illuminate >

mooooose

I like ASAP's album a lot, actually. I know he didn't really say anything he hasn't said a million times before, but the production was just outstanding.
It has production highlights but only a small handful of songs beat his mixtape's production. It was a mediocre album, all things considered. It showed how shallow he was, his mixtaped masked that well.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Soul and Q seem like they're trying all the sudden. Like, thinking too hard about the song layouts if that makes any sense.

mooooose

Soul and Q seem like they're trying all the sudden. Like, thinking too hard about the song layouts if that makes any sense.
I'd agree with that. And I think it's a shame because things were working out best for them when they weren't. There must be a lot of pressure on them.

PBY

Banned
I am sure GKMC changed a lot, they are all of a sudden a group with a superstar.

Definitely. The thing is, I hope Q doesn't take Kendrick's success as the blueprint- it worked for Kendrick, but I don't think it will sustain him and Ab Soul.

I actually think he should try to bring back something closer to the lane 50 rode to the top, poppy gangster rap.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Q is best when he's just doing stupid shit. Like, the guy who made Tookie Knows is entertaining as fuck.

Soul. Soul just needs to not catch Lupus.

DominoKid

Well yeah they probably want to be rich and have hits too. Really though they should just keep cooking on their own shit. They dont have star potential like that.

mooooose

Definitely. The thing is, I hope Q doesn't take Kendrick's success as the blueprint- it worked for Kendrick, but I don't think it will sustain him and Ab Soul.

I actually think he should try to bring back something closer to the lane 50 rode to the top, poppy gangster rap.

Gangsta sounds exactly like that to me.

cacophony

I honestly don't think you could put together a more boring track list

1. Burgandy
2. 20 Wave Caps (feat. Domo Genesis)
3. Centurian (feat. Vince Staples)
4. Hoarse (feat. Frank Ocean)
5. Chum
6. Whoa (feat. Tyler, The Creator)
7. Hive (feat. Vince Staples & Casey Veggies)
8. Guild (feat. Mac Miller)
9. Hundred 50 Molasses (feat. RZA)
10. Feet (feat. Pharrell Williams)
11. Amphibian
12. Trap (feat. Taco & Na’kel Smith)
13. Jackal (feat. MF DOOM)

mooooose

1. Burgandy
5. Chum
11. Amphibian
Looks like Goblin without the filler.

Recon

Banned

1. Burgandy
5. Chum
11. Amphibian

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom