• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I mentioned this on one of the podcasts we did and nobody had seen this. This is the staged video, but the first video wasn't and went exactly like this. Some kid got surfed on stage with Kendrick and just TORE up Watch Out For Detox. Shit was like the rap version of Susan Boyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUedr6ipPk&feature=youtu.be&t=2m14s

"they dont know it yet, but theyre fucking with a level 86 paladin."

Q's been hanging out with Kyle too much.

I saw that when the video was discussed on the podcast. Really fucking cool. Needs to work on his screaming though already.

PBY

Banned
harry-fraud-high-tide-ep.jpg

http://www.scionav.com/blog/2013/05...weatshirt-action-bronson-french-montana-more/

Esch

Banned
whats the point of shitting on old rappers unless theyre unlistenable or embarrass themselves frequently. talib does neither. i dont even know what he raps about anymore. im not tryna listen to that vegan hip hop

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
whats the point of shitting on old rappers unless theyre unlistenable or embarrass themselves frequently. talib does neither. i dont even know what he raps about anymore. im not tryna listen to that vegan hip hop

The more you OD on ignorant rap, the worse your grammar gets. Y'all motherfuckers need Yeezus.

Meth is always the most motivated involved with the clan albums.

Too bad the production will likely suck and it'll be 70% coke rap. I want throwback bragging and threats tracks from the Wu; fewer guns, no coke. And some tracks that get people bouncing.

IMO the litmus test for at least half the album should be "will someone get hype to this if they hear it live?" Like Triumph, Aint Nothing to Fuck With, etc.

mooooose

They should release album art and a single for the Wu album so people believe its coming. Also tour before a little and try and do media. Also maybe sign to a major.... I hate to say it Wu are like the fucking Beatles and deserve more shine then they will find on their own...

Too bad the production will likely suck and it'll be 70% coke rap. I want throwback bragging and threats tracks from the Wu; fewer guns, no coke. And some tracks that get people bouncing.
IMO the litmus test for at least half the album should be "will someone get hype to this if they hear it live?" Like Triumph, Aint Nothing to Fuck With, etc.

This too. No more coke rap from Rae and Ghost. Fucking please, no more. It's so tiring. Make the hardcore rap you used to.

Im hopeful man. The last two albums with the live instruments were slick. Doubt they gonna let RZA fuck the production up after all that 8Diagrams drama.

Love some new hype songs like Triumph and Nuthin to fuck with, even now with their sleepy shows the crowds still jump and get hyped as fuck for them.

They should release album art and a single for the Wu album so people believe its coming. Also tour before a little and try and do media. Also maybe sign to a major.... I hate to say it Wu are like the fucking Beatles and deserve more shine then they will find on their own...

They're touring pretty much all year. Doing festivals all over Europe. I know what you mean, but they dont need a major deal. They wont do those kinda numbers anyway.

PBY

Banned
I hate on him but I'd love for Kanye to exec produce, and produce a few tracks. He's a Wu head and understands what works best for them.
I agree no stannery. I love what Younge did w 12 Reasons, I think it'd be great to get the whole crew a cohesive vision.

mooooose

Im hopeful man. The last two albums with the live instruments were slick. Doubt they gonna let RZA fuck the production up after all that 8Diagrams drama.

Love some new hype songs like Triumph and Nuthin to fuck with, even now with their sleepy shows the crowds still jump and get hyped as fuck for them.
I disagree. Other than Rivers of Blood I haven't heard one Wu song from Chamber Music 1 or 2, Man with the Iron Fists, or 12 Reasons to Die that made me say WOW. The Live Instrumentation that RZA goes for lacks energy.

They're touring pretty much all year. Doing festivals all over Europe. I know what you mean, but they dont need a major deal. They wont do those kinda numbers anyway.
They COULD do those numbers. People love Wu. Wu Massacre did insane numbers for what it was, and even then it was just a Def Jam cashin throw away. Not a big event like the FINAL Wu-Tang Clan Album.

I hate on him but I'd love for Kanye to exec produce, and produce a few tracks. He's a Wu head and understands what works best for them.
Completely agree. Kanye + Wu on a final album would be insane. Minds would be blown. Sign it to Def Jam, give them their budget, their time, their money, their promotion. Let it be huge.

I disagree. Other than Rivers of Blood I haven't heard one Wu song from Chamber Music 1 or 2, Man with the Iron Fists, or 12 Reasons to Die that made me say WOW. The Live Instrumentation that RZA goes for lacks energy.

Seriously? The whole cohesive vision of 12 Reasons like Peter said would suit a Wu album down to the ground. I thought the Chamber musics were great and really suited them. Opinions and all that I guess.

They COULD do those numbers. People love Wu.

People do love Wu. But not in this day and age they couldn't. Cmon man that ain't happening.

EDIT: Also Peter that delux set looks fantastic. Regretting not pulling the trigger on it back when you were posting about it.

mooooose

Wu Massacre sold 50k in 2 weeks, Blackout 2 sold 70k in a week, OB4CL 2 sold 130k in three months... Wu still has it. Especially considering Blackout 2 and OB4CL 2 were definitely their last two projects with a lot of effort in them.

Everything since then has just been coasting.

A real last Wu album, with time taken out, all the clan in the studio, a big budget and a big marketing campaign, and fuck, in a dreamland, with Yeezy at the boards, would go gold in its lifetime and they would cake off touring and merch for a long time afterwards. It would make them stars again and they would all cake on solos. It could be 36 Chambers again for them but they are dusted and stupid and greedy. They want to shit this out so they can make their hundred thou and RZA can make his lazy mil. So shortsighted.

codhand

if ye exec produced ABT, it would cease to be Wu.

that said i have low expectations, regardless who works on it.

this is a wu album i never asked for.

they should stick to solo albums and live shows.

if it's good, great.

but i wont be surprised if it's a step below wu-block, and czarface

Wu Massacre sold 50k in 2 weeks, Blackout 2 sold 70k in a week, OB4CL 2 sold 130k in three months... Wu still has it. Especially considering Blackout 2 and OB4CL 2 were definitely their last two projects with a lot of effort in them.

Everything since then has just been coasting.

A real last Wu album, with time taken out, all the clan in the studio, a big budget and a big marketing campaign, and fuck, in a dreamland, with Yeezy at the boards, would go gold in its lifetime and they would cake off touring and merch for a long time afterwards. It would make them stars again and they would all cake on solos. It could be 36 Chambers again for them but they are dusted and stupid and greedy. They want to shit this out so they can make their hundred thou and RZA can make his lazy mil. So shortsighted.

I agree with you for the most part. With some effort they could do those numbers. But at this stage they won't all get in the studio together and do whats needed to make an album capable of those numbers.

Could happen, but won't.

if ye exec produced ABT, it would cease to be Wu.

that said i have low expectations, regardless who works on it.

this is a wu album i never asked for.

they should stick to solo albums and live shows.

if it's good, great.

but i wont be surprised if it's a step below wu-block, and czarface

If its anything like czarface it will be fantastic. That potentially AOTY and your saying it like its a bad thing...

codhand

If its anything like czarface it will be fantastic. That potentially AOTY and your saying it like its a bad thing...

album of the year? it's a good, solid rap album. but coming with all members and producing something merely good, would be unacceptable, and damage their brand.

i didnt like wu-massacre.

blackout 2? oh yeah, that does exist doesn't it.

Out of the whole clan GZA is going to be the worst.

Gza is so damn boring, with his straight 8 couplets on every verse.
I did like his verse on wu-block, even though it's guilty of the aforementioned criticism.

u-god, um yeah, he was never that good.

i could go on, but seems unfair

I love hearing people (kid capri) praising dj jazzy jeff, dude pioneered so much shit, including help design crossfaders.

this album is great

Jazzyjeff.jpg

codhand

Czarface is my front-runner for AOTY at the moment. Nothing's come close to being played as much as that.

it's def up there for me too, which is why ive been listening to a lot of other genres, not to be curt but czarface, while good, isnt bringing anything new to the table, just a satisfying meal, i get that's all you want sometimes, but not for aoty imo

it's def up there for me too, which is why ive been listening to a lot of other genres, not to be curt but czarface, while good, isnt bringing anything new to the table, just a satisfying meal, i get that's all you want sometimes, but not for aoty imo

Why does aoty have to be something new or innovative? Good music is good music.

coldvein

Banned
if wu tang can't put out a totally dope 100% incredible "last album" then they shouldn't even bother. something just good or ok would be an embarrassment imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom