• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

GAF-HOP, edjumacate me on this:

o4161235.jpg

Esch

Banned
i just find it ridiculous that the mods keep letting Tyler change his usernames to dumber and dumber shit. its indecent

#freemiri

PBY

Banned
RE- those who said give me 20 years and maybe I'll sound like 36.

Maybe. I just feel like we're in this lull where we're waiting for the next big thing to happen in hip-hop, and as a result, I've been listening to a lot of everything BUT hip hop atm. I also don't know if the fact that I produce affects this, but I love experimental, atonal shit.

Recon

Banned

Maybe. I just feel like we're in this lull where we're waiting for the next big thing to happen in hip-hop, and as a result, I've been listening to a lot of everything BUT hip hop atm. I also don't know if the fact that I produce affects this, but I love experimental, atonal shit.

I dont see any sudden shift coming, just gradual progression, like we have had. The thing about hip hop, is really no matter what you do with the beat, its still dudes rapping.

I think things like Death Grips is doing the experimental thing if you really go for that music...I dont...

How you living Lhexh?

Well god damn I did not see that coming. Shows how forgettable that guy was.

it doesn't, just so happens that it usually is.

i think it should be those things, to be an aoty.

basically dynasty warriors is the same thing over and over, with a new number at the end of the title.

I agree with you for the most part. But so far this year there hasnt really been anything that fits into those criteria. I mean Czarface and The Brown 12RTD are the best quality albums that came out so far (imo). But then again its well known round here that Im fairly stuck in the 90s. All opinions and all that. As for right now they're my top contenders regardless.

its a series of beat em ups that has essentially been the same game for ten years. i guess Koei doesn't ship to Irelandistan

Nah man. We only get Call of Duty and Halo shipped here.

Recon

Banned
I am curious who will be the next big Kanye type rapper. Ultra huge personality with crazy ego and tries to push things forward. I dont see that coming out of the new school of rappers.

Esch

Banned
I dont see any sudden shift coming, just gradual progression, like we have had. The thing about hip hop, is really no matter what you do with the beat, its still dudes rapping.
Well said, breh. And straight up most experimental hip hop is pretty bad, except for Dalek. You can tell a guy like Tyler wants to be in that lane but doesn't have the talent to make it work.

PBY

Banned
Well said, breh. And straight up most experimental hip hop is pretty bad, except for Dalek. You can tell a guy like Tyler wants to be in that lane but doesn't have the talent to make it work.

Yeah, I agree that shifts come gradually. But it takes works that are just OUT THERE, and then other artists appropriate portions of it and repackage it for the mainstream.

Anyways, heres something I've been listening to a lot lately, just wanted to share cuz yall might be into it.

tumblr_inline_mlgxpslzIS1qz4rgp.png

Autre ne veut- Anxiety

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Fine you? Thanks for changing my pass so I couldnt log in. All good though.

Wondering what email ill use next my mapping mailbox or hmmm maybe the audit box.
Changing your pass?

Never happened... why do that when I can ban?

But nice excuse

Tokubetsu

Lull? Kendrick Lamar saved hip-hop though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ugh, I forgot how much Nas fuckin' killed Loco-Motive...

if only the rest of the album hit this high.

Recon

Banned
After going back to it, I think Life Is Good is just average-good. Has some highs, a lot of boring filler though. Still better than the vast majority of his discography.

CRS

Sent out server info. Is everyone down for 7:00 PST/10 PM EST?

I might have a fire drill in my building around that time but I'm not too sure. Hopefully that doesn't happen today or during the recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom