• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Makes me want to blow up the thread
Yeezy is too ahead of the game. 2020 your going to show up to your sets dressed like this:

3c35d7e6b73911e2939b22000a1f9251_7.jpg

that sewage hole cover swag

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i just find it ridiculous that the mods keep letting Tyler change his usernames to dumber and dumber shit. its indecent

#freemiri

You should see the PM's with me and him when wants to change his name

codhand

did he literally have thirty white bitches on stage, on their knees praying in anticipation of his arrival? how much do people pay for coachella?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Your fandom has gone too far if wearing feathers on your face and wearing a metal skirt is anything but silly to you. Y'all give Ye a pass because his music doesn't suck all the time, but you know damn well if Wiz or Lupe was wearing that shit it would be pages and pages of ridicule. Shit looks fucking stupid.

kamspy

kamspy said jeezy was da goat live doe

He exceeded my expectations.

Expected an entourage of weed carriers. Backing vocal track and poorly rapped lyrics.

...But I'll be damned if he didn't rock it like a true school MC.

He was the only one on stage and killed it for 3 hours.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'd be lying if I didn't say I think "You say no to drugs, Ricky Hil cayn't" is a fucking amazing hook.

Mr. eXquire is so underrated. Dude should be blown up. He can spit so hard. I love him. If I was a rapper, I'd be him.

I've been saying for years, he's a name change away from blowing up. But he won't give up the Muthafuckin'.

He's in my top 5 of this modern era.

The problem with Kanye live is that all the spectacle is there to distract from the average sound quality, bad singing, and out of breath scream rapping. It's a carefully wrapped turd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The problem with Kanye live is that all the spectacle is there to distract from the average sound quality, bad singing, and out of breath scream rapping. It's a carefully wrapped turd.
To be clear to the uninformed, PP here is generalizing Kanye live based on a 5 second Vine video and the tail end of a Coachella set that was nothing less than epic.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Havent seen kanye live but of the rappers I have seen the Roots, Busta Rhymes and Ghostface (for the beatdown on stage)are the best artist live I've seen.

overcast

The Roots must be amazing live. Which of the newer rappers do you guys like live? Some vets seem to know their shit, but it seems like younger dudes don't know what they are doing.

PBY

Banned
The Roots must be amazing live. Which of the newer rappers do you guys like live? Some vets seem to know their shit, but it seems like younger dudes don't know what they are doing.
I've seen a lot, and weirdly my fav is Wiz Khalifa. I can't think of any major "newer" rapper I haven't seen either. ASAP is probably second.

effzee

Your fandom has gone too far if wearing feathers on your face and wearing a metal skirt is anything but silly to you. Y'all give Ye a pass because his music doesn't suck all the time, but you know damn well if Wiz or Lupe was wearing that shit it would be pages and pages of ridicule. Shit looks fucking stupid.

True.

I guess making good beats allows you to get away with whatever you want to do even if it doesn't work or make sense. Like Kayne rapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom