• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
aGSUgdu.png

wish this was official

Someone photoshop LDS underwear on him please!

codhand

itll be funny if the movie is just him getting shit on

im thinking newsroom mailboy or something like that

emailed my friend that kanye "cover" just now

"wait seriously, is that the cover?"

lmao

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Can you get your crusty ass outta here with that bullshit please? That's a great album cover and son hasn't made frat rap since like 2011. His S.D.S single is awesome and more reminiscent of Tribe/Pharcyde/DelaSoul.

I love Vampire Weekend! :(

Only white people like Vampire Weekend, stop lying

Esch

Banned
Rock equivalent of Frat Rap really. Which is odd since I hate frat rap but I love them a lot

patrice.png
I wouldnt say that really. They were the type of thing hipsters were hyping in 07, 08. They're just decently popular now, Vampire Weekend isnt really frat material.

siddx

Ignore Kamspy. Years ago Eminem musta snuck into his house and took a shit in his cereal boxes or something cause Kam hates the dude with an intense passion.

Mac Miller is the less cool, funny, intelligent, and talented version of Jesse from Breaking Bad. Take away everything endearing and grudgingly likeable about Jesse and you have Mac Miller.

kamspy

First show for me was Bone and Nas in a big arena with some r&b acts. Nas only rapped snippets of songs and was probably only on stage for 20 minutes. Bone had a longer set and was fun.

Saw Outkast touring for ATLiens at a small club. Hype as Fuck.

Saw Em art the same club after SSLP very first dropped. Huge entourage, half assed as hell ands he seemed super shy.

Saw The Roots there and it was the best show I've ever been to.

Kool Keith was great too.

Out of time.

Recon

Banned
I have seen:

Glow In The Dark Tour: Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D., Rihanna, Kanye West(Palace of Auburn Hills)

Best concert I have been to yet, every act, even Rihanna, killed. Chris Brown came out and danced with random crowd members during N.E.R.D.'s set. Kanye's set was some crazy futuristic shit. Lupe brought out the female singer who sang on "Hip Hop Saved My Life", then did DayDreams as an encore. Lupe and Kanye were definitely my favorite parts.

Lupe Fiaso+RJD2(Benefit Concert at University of Michigan)

Lupe was great, he had a ton of energy, live backing band. Only ranted for about 3 minutes after "Words I Never Said". I barely caught the last bits of RJD2, so I cant comment much on that.

Kid Cudi+Chip Tha Ripper(Kalamazoo, Michigan)

This was right before MOTM2 dropped, so he only played Mr.Rager(A cappella, and was surprisingly good that way) and Erase Me. Chip was okay, pretty good opener. Kid Cudi did most of his album and a good chunk of his mixtape. Great show, even had people asking to buy our tickets for 4x what we paid, Cudi has some crazy fans.

Club Paradise tour:French Montana, Meek Mill, Wacka Flacka Flame, J.Cole,Drake(Detroit, MI)

Caught the last few songs from French, but the rest killed it. At the end, Drake brought each of the previous openers out for a song he did with them. Oddly J.Cole was the only one not brought out during Drake's set, even odder considering how decent their "In The Morning" track was. Wacka and Meek fucking killed though.

Relient K+Five Iron Frenzy+Ace Troubleshooter(Michigan)

Most wont care. but seeing Five Iron Frenzy before they broke up was great.

Ferris Fest 2012: Travis Porter, All Time Low(Big Rapids, MI)

Umm...meh.

Modest Mouse(Rochester Hills, Michigan)

Very nice venue in Rochester Hills, was right up by the stage. Good show.
Godsmack(Grand Rapids, MI)

Probably one of the better rock concerts i have been to. The Dueling drum kits at the end was pretty great.

Blink-182 Reunion Tour: Chester French, Panic at The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Blink-182(Same venue that the Drake concert was at)

Probably my favorite non-hip hop concert. I had and have very personal attachements to a lot of Blink albums. Started played guitar and bass because of them. The whole crowd sang along to every Blink song, was pretty damn cool. Travis did some crazy fucking drum solo with him strapped to his kit and his kit rotating all fucked up ways. Didnt give a shit about any of the other bands lol.

This Summer:

Under The Influence Of Music Tour: Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky, B.O.B., Trinidad James, Joey Badass+Pro Era, Berner, Chevy Woods, Smoke DZA

Cant wait for this, me and some friends are gonna get high before, good line up too.

Daniel Tosh(Grand Rapids)

I know, it is a comedian, but I have never been to a big sold out comedy show, and I have seen his specials about 20 times each. I cant help but like the sarcastic asshole. And my girlfriend bought the tickets just because she knows I like him, sweet girl.

siddx

Oh shows?

Cypress Hill in 1998, in Argentina in a packed ghetto as hell club in a dangerous part of the city. They were amazing. And there was so much weed smoke you couldn't see the ceiling.

Atmosphere 3 different times, still the best live band I've ever heard.

Saw De La Soul were awesome, although they seemed like they didn't want to be there despite still somehow rocking it.

Nas was disappointing, he just screamed his whole set.

Brother Ali was good, nothing special, wouldn't have gone to see him alone, but he opened.

Tribe was amazing, despite the tension between tip and phife, they put on a hell of a show.

Pharcyde was pretty good, catalog was deep enough for an amazing show, but they did a damn good job with what they have.

Mos Def was embarrassing

I feel like I'm forgetting some, im getting too old.

codhand

vampire weekend basically made a career out of Paul Simon's Graceland.

Oh shows?

Cypress Hill in 1998, in Argentina in a packed ghetto as hell club in a dangerous part of the city. They were amazing. And there was so much weed smoke you couldn't see the ceiling.

niice!

i seen them twice, but the better one was on halloween, roseland ballroom, in 2000

Favorite shows?

CRS mentioned the Black star headlined paid dues. The whole day was awesome.

Refused reunion show in Pomona.
Bad Religion at the Palladium. They recorded their DVD over two nights and must have played 25+ songs in one set spanning their entire career plus a nice encore
Rancid at the house of blues. Never been a huge fan but it was easily one of the most energetic show I've ever been to.

I really need to go to more shows.

Recon

Banned
Favorite shows?

CRS mentioned the Black star headlined paid dues. The whole day was awesome.

Refused reunion show in Pomona.
Bad Religion at the Palladium. They recorded their DVD over two nights and must have played 25+ songs in one set spanning their entire career plus a nice encore
Rancid at the house of blues. Never been a huge fan but it was easily one of the most energetic show I've ever been to.

I really need to go to more shows.

Always wanted to see Bad Religion....

Tokubetsu

I like a couple Vampire Weekend songs. Haven't heard the new album yet though but this is their best track:
http://youtu.be/DSDHrQWe2VA

Sampled it for a track I never finished.

On Mac Miller, my opinion of him has softened since the Harry Fraud tape. I also liked his verse on that Ab-Soul song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom