• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

It's only like that on the internet, you meet a weak, bird chested Nas stan in real life and it's funny to pathetically watch them dribble out little pithy

'bu bu bu reasonable doubt wasnt even a classic when it came out!'

'it was written is so underrated!'

'the blueprint and black album.... they're alright but i prefer stillmatic'

sabu.png
what a bunch of lame kufi smacked junior varsity wannabe scholar punks

Watch your heathenistic tongue.

overcast

I agree. I listened to that so much when it came out. Pretty great beat with some memorable lines.

Edit: Referring to Last Huzzah.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nas has a terrible library. Straight up.

Everyone who sucked off Life is Good should have a section in OP just shaming them for making it sound much better than it really is.

Detox

you have to imagine Jay topping greatest emcee lists on the regular has to burn nas fangirls so fierce. how does it feel to be the ron paul stans of hip hop aka wrong about everything? tragic, tragic
So long as you know Nas tops Jay's list. Jay worth 500m he goes on stage wilding out to Nas. Nas would go broke and die then get caught listening to that camel.

Detox

Jay's music is made for consumption it's for the masses, and it leaves on a small impression on the public's consciousness. Nas is like that avant garde film from 1920's USSR it might have been rejected by the majority of the population at the time but will be appreciated by connoisseurs for centuries.

CRS

Jay's music is made for consumption it's for the masses, and it leaves on a small impression on the public's consciousness. Nas is like that avant garde film from 1920's USSR it might have been rejected by the majority of the population at the time but will be appreciated by connoisseurs for centuries.
I thought I was bad but Nas stans take the cake. I guess you don't have a gag reflex just based from the amount of dick sucking you do.

Spin put out an album?

Jitters

I compared Tupac to Queen because I feel they are both built up as these icons, and when you hear people glorify them and hear certain tracks, you believe it. But when you actually listen to their whole discography you end up a bit disappointed.

B.I.G. deserves the high regard, but he is fortunate(?) enough to have had less chance to make something bad.

And I just want to say, it may seem like I'm trolling, bashing Tupac while sporting a Kitty avatar, but these are my actual opinions. So poke fun if you must.

did you just compare vampire weekend to outkast? in all my 13 fucking god damned years
I wasn't comparing them.

Jay Sosa

lol.

Sometimes I feel like Tupac is the hip hop equivalent of Queen.

boo this man.

Esch

Banned
I compared Tupac to Queen because I feel they are both built up as these icons, and when you hear people glorify them and hear certain tracks, you believe it. But when you actually listen to their whole discography you end up a bit disappointed.

B.I.G. deserves the high regard, but he is fortunate(?) enough to have had less chance to make something bad.

And I just want to say, it may seem like I'm trolling, bashing Tupac while sporting a Kitty avatar, but these are my actual opinions. So poke fun if you must.

download.gif

Detox

Laugh but remember Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet and Paul Cezanne were all broke during their lives just like Nasir bin Olu-Dara Jones. In the future your grandkids and their grandkids will ask how did they let a genius like this suffer from being broke?

At the end of the day while 13yr old Jitters is listening to Jay-Z's Ghetto Techno, just remember 13yr old you was blessed by either Illmatic, It was Written or Stillmatic.

Jitters

When I was 13 I really liked goth-y stuff. If that Wax Idols album would have come out then I would have loved it.

Detox is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom