• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Late to this, but the last 10/10 hip-hop release for me was definitely Russian Roulette; No doubts, that's an album that was great on first listen, and amazing with time.

Outside of hip-hop: I can't remember the last 10/10. And that's not to say hip-hop is full of the things; it's that a lot of music's been samey, good at best ish, and Russian Roulette was that amazing. Lots of 9s, though--James Blakes latest, "Overgrown" is a solid 8ish-9, for example.

Kwixotik

Russian Roulette and XXX are both sooo good. I haven't heard many Danny Brown singles after XXX except Grown Up and that Purity Ring song. What are other ones worth checking out?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I got mine for $20 w/ tax at a local shop on RSD. That and a copy of channel ORANGE.

I'm seeing both bootlegs going for $50+ right now. I'll need to scoop at least nostalgia sooner rather than later.

I still hope C/o will get a proper LP release. I've had that shit pre-ordered on Amazon since the listing went up.

Holy shit this soundtrack LP is fucked up. Super warped for White Dress. This is depressing.

CRS

mynicca1.png

If I had to name any PERFECT album, it would be their self-titled with Mykonos thrown somewhere near the beginning of the album.

Seriously. Every cut is stupendous. And in person, they sound just like they do on their albums. Shit is
ahh.png
everytime.

CRS

I'm seeing both bootlegs going for $50+ right now. I'll need to scoop at least nostalgia sooner rather than later.

I still hope C/o will get a proper LP release. I've had that shit pre-ordered on Amazon since the listing went up.

Holy shit this soundtrack LP is fucked up. Super warped for White Dress. This is depressing.

E-mail them, call them, do what you got to. Tell them to refund your money.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
E-mail them, call them, do what you got to. Tell them to refund your money.

yeah, I'm definitely going to do something about this. Can't believe that shit.

this 12 Reasons tho, sounds good on LP. Just weed, comics and music.

cdyhybrid

Alright GAF-Hop. I need some smooth, chill shit to play in the background while I sip on a beverage and level up this character. Any recommendations/endorsements?

IrishNinja

FUUUUUCK, 7 months later. my copy of the Man With The Iron Fists soundtrack comes in.

goddamn dude, that's crazy. better late than never?

iMXl410jpJN1f.gif

Ye walking into a pole lol

haha still i wanna do something dumb then console myself in them titties

Sure why not, as long as it isnt GKMC.

GKMC

Azalea banks is feuding w marina and the diamonds on twitter. C'mon.

man i still really dig 1991 and some other tracks but every time i turn around she's in some dumb e-shit, usually with some nobody like perez hilton or whoever the fuck these people are...she could hire the top PR firm and they'd just go "stay off the internet, ho. that'll be 10k"

cdyhybrid

Dope. Thanks guys. I need to explore Flying Lotus' stuff more. Does he do stuff for Adult Swim? Sounds really familiar. Also, it's been forever since I've listened to Mezzanine.

I gotta read this thread more. I actually have it bookmarked but I don't go in regularly. Thanks for the reminder.

codhand

He always does that. Usually a hot girl or a little kid

How was the live band?

really? ive seen ghost a bunch never seen him do that, it was awesome though

live band was ridiculous, the drummer was crazy,
one of the guitarists played flute like a boss and
the female singer hits those Operatic notes that're featured on the new album,
pretty crazy hearing that vocal range live and super close...

i also thought that the male singer was pharoahe monch at first haha

really? ive seen ghost a bunch never seen him do that, it was awesome though

live band was ridiculous, the drummer was crazy,
one of the guitarists played flute like a boss and
the female singer hits those Operatic notes that're featured on the new album,
pretty crazy hearing that vocal range live and super close...

i also thought that the male singer was pharoahe monch at first haha

Im so jealous man. That tour isn't hitting Ireland or even Europe so i wont be seeing it.

Yeah he does it when its just him or one or two clan members. He takes the lead for shows when Meth and RZA ain't there, seen him do the verse thing a couple times.

Its a great song all round.

WTF Not Afraid has +400 millions views on Youtube. Thats fucking insane.. Mostly because that song is garbage.

Edit: Love the way you lie has +530 mill. Holy fuck

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Man I know Kim is the type of chick who (the world hopes) will hit the gym to lose the baby weight but still between that and all the rolls on the back of Kanye's neck....

kanye-west-kim-kardashian.jpg

I am just saying....

Recon

Banned
I liked Section80, but I really love GKMC. I dont go back to either though. I do think Hiiipower is my favorite track from him, if I am being honest.

Recon

Banned
Reality is most people didnt care pre-section80 because Kendrick wasnt really interesting. I had his mixtapes well before Section80 dropped, and I still dont like them for the most part.

Jay Sosa

Reality is most people didnt care pre-section80 because Kendrick wasnt really interesting. I had his mixtapes well before Section80 dropped, and I still dont like them for the most part.

That's something I honestly don't get. Section 80 and GKMC are his best work yet but OD is not far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom