• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality is most people didnt care pre-section80 because Kendrick wasnt really interesting. I had his mixtapes well before Section80 dropped, and I still dont like them for the most part.

Well if he is talking about here....section80 was definitely one of the top voted albums the year it came out here. so..... and yeah, as a Kendrick fan I always said his stuff before it was kinda all over the place in terms of flow and such. Was like the second coming of Talib Kweli

EloquentM

aka Mannny
BJtkgvWCEAAVEwX.jpg

Yeezus finna drop a classic.

"THERE'S LEADERS AND THERE'S FOLLOWERS, BUT ID RATHER BE A DICK THAN A SWALLOWER"

He'll never stop the corny lyrics...Never

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reality is most people didnt care pre-section80 because Kendrick wasnt really interesting. I had his mixtapes well before Section80 dropped, and I still dont like them for the most part.
Yup.

Rough around the edges doesn't begin to describe it. Complete absence of flow, inferior production, poorer songs as a whole, etc. Section80 fixed a lot of that, and then GKMC was when he finally fixed his flow problem and took the ace content he was sitting on for forever and put it out there.

Jay Sosa

It was just not interesting, IMO. I also think most of the production was boring. It wasnt bad, but just...was there.

yeah I think that's were most of GAF and me completely disagree. What some call boring I call chill and smooth.

Well if he is talking about here....section80 was definitely one of the top voted albums the year it came out here. so..... and yeah, as a Kendrick fan I always said his stuff before it was kinda all over the place in terms of flow and such. Was like the second coming of Talib Kweli

Well I always was a huge fan of Kweli..at least up to the point he released a beautiful struggle.

Tokubetsu

Yet most of Kendrick's best tracks aren't even on GKMC. Ignorance is Bliss, ADHD, Tammy's Song, P&P 1.5, Spiteful Chant, Rigamortis.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wish I could stomach Kweli's solo stuff. I love his style and him as a lyricist but I usually can't take more than a verse from him before I get annoyed with his voice. I also feel like he's the type that would keep retreading old ground or production styles on his albums too. Just turns me off to checking out albums from him.

Recon

Banned
Yet most of Kendrick's best tracks aren't even on GKMC. Ignorance is Bliss, ADHD, Tammy's Song, P&P 1.5, Spiteful Chant, Rigamortis.

I really cant take anything you say about K.Dot serious. Nothing against you, I just know you have a certain opinion on him that isnt shared by many, including myself.

illadelph

"THERE'S LEADERS AND THERE'S FOLLOWERS, BUT ID RATHER BE A DICK THAN A SWALLOWER"

He'll never stop the corny lyrics...Never

He's smart though.....that's the type of shit dudes will post as their facebook status and blow up virally

It's like corny lyrics people have as their personal mantra....Drake has this down to science

PBY

Banned
He's smart though.....that's the type of shit dudes will post as their facebook status and blow up virally

It's like corny lyrics people have as their personal mantra....Drake has this down to science
Agree. Kanye is lowkey great at quotables.

Edit- prime example, now ppl call their crews clique all over fb. So dumb but it happens.

Some girl on my fb feed posted big sean's entire verse from Mercy. There are more extra regular people who think that shit is clever than some people realize.

illadelph

When Kanye was like DAT SHIT CRAY I was like aww naww people are gonna be saying that
shit now

.......and guess what? they are, as corny as that shit is

DominoKid

I wish I could stomach Kweli's solo stuff. I love his style and him as a lyricist but I usually can't take more than a verse from him before I get annoyed with his voice. I also feel like he's the type that would keep retreading old ground or production styles on his albums too. Just turns me off to checking out albums from him.

Liberation and Quality. Go.

Jay Sosa

At least tguy still loves me.

everyone loves you. I think.

I really cant take anything you say about K.Dot serious. Nothing against you, I just know you have a certain opinion on him that isnt shared by many, including myself.

which would be?

16Ks? Hitting ain't what it used to be. They need to bring steroids back.

Esch

Banned
Goat is life. I would literally kill a goat with a kukri right now and turn it into a delicious vindaloo.

The bones are kind of weird though. But still.

Kendrick also has a dope feature on Jesus Piece.

Section80 was in my top 3 the year it came out, but I didn't like his previous mixtape; it has some dope songs but I still haven't heard it all. GKMC is better than Section80 because it's more focused and has fewer ladies tracks; anyone gonna defend that makeup track huh? The only bad song on GKMC is Real. Even Poetic Justice is dope thanks to some very impressive lyrics for such a mainstream track.

I'm pretty bummed women find Kendrick attractive tho. I should be happy because he's killing light skin Negros right now, but I think the more female love he gets the more ladies tracks will be on his albums. And outside of a handful, most are pretty meh. So yea, hopefully he breaks his nose or something because I can't fuck with these estrogen songs yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom