• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha's solo output the last year is diverse and impressive, honestly. Exodus, Blocka, Millions, Numbers on the Board all sound completely different and they are all good. It's just that in none of them, you can't imagine him being anyone's favorite rapper. I've never gotten that feeling from a rapper before. Pusha comes off as a talented and hardworking weed carrier.

In the Clipse, however, it was the opposite. It's weird.
Pretty much.

Stuff like Alone in Vegas, Revolution, etc. He's not your average dopeboy rapper and has way more range.

Pusha is really killing it right now. Under Kanye's editing, he's really tightened up his raps. His extended verse on Don't Like is incredible.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Pusha's solo output the last year is diverse and impressive, honestly. Exodus, Blocka, Millions, Numbers on the Board all sound completely different and they are all good. It's just that in none of them, you can't imagine him being anyone's favorite rapper. I've never gotten that feeling from a rapper before. Pusha comes off as a talented and hardworking weed carrier.

In the Clipse, however, it was the opposite. It's weird.

I still don't consider him a weed carrier but his output has definitely shown more range and depth

mooooose

This is probably the coolest Chief Keef will ever be in his life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ossSWj17Jnk

I really thought he was going to blow. I was wrong. Dude was swagging it out so hard and really had his own sound. And the sound was surprisingly mature, even though it was a lot of preset synths, it wasn't some craft he perfected, it was just something that HAPPENED.

Dude made a song with the lyrics since I signed with Jimmy Iovine I swear I think that I'm Kobe. I bought his hype.

I think Trinidad James was a big reason Chief Keef's hype died. It made Chief Keef look like an idiot. Chief Keef being amongst people like Riff Raff, Trinidad James, Azealia Banks, and basically anyone else on the XXL freshman list besides Black Hippy, made him look really stupid. He's stupid, but he didn't act a fool for a gimmick. He lives it. I think it really killed his momentum, made him look stupid, and made him a passing phase.

I know everyone is going to say he was always stupid, he never had momentum, and he was always a passing phase, but the game is harsh for a young blood now. He never had a chance, and really, unless you sell your sound to someone who can preserve it by capitalizing on it (Ross, Wayne, Ye, Jay), you're fucked.

Esch

Banned
Of course he had momentum, but after a while it gets easy enough to see a ticking time bomb when they come around. Especially one with a fuse that short.

coldvein

Banned
I know everyone is going to say he was always stupid, he never had momentum, and he was always a passing phase, but the game is harsh for a young blood now. He never had a chance, and really, unless you sell your sound to someone who can preserve it by capitalizing on it (Ross, Wayne, Ye, Jay), you're fucked.

unless your name is macklemore

mooooose

You know what was weird? Beamer Benz or Bentley being a popular enough song that white girls sang it in 2010. That was really weird. And neither people did anything to capitalize on it.

I think that was the last time Juelz was a good rapper.

HiResDes

Not as nice as Peter's, but I'm still pretty hyped on it...

2GbxGow.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wasn't that bad, I might have gotten irritated as well.
I would too, dude fucking hates the paparazzi, but the way Kanye was running like a monster and the punk ass paparazzi guy's reaction is killing me.

I JUST GOT HERE BROTHER

Like wtf kind of an alibi is that? hahahahaha

And it's even funnier with what the sign says.

codhand

I think he would get the same treatment if he wasn't with Kim.

true, prolly doesnt help tho, funny how nice the french pap is even after that, hes like

con-yay, if you want me to leave, i will leave

i think thats french for

i dont have to go home but i cant stay here

is that even france? or am i making that part up?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye got famous feeding his ego with that shit and then he saw the dark side now he wants none of it, he's found other ways to fulfill his needs. His altered approach to making music (Hawaii onwards) and Kim are two of them.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
can't even front brehs vampire weekend album is actually really good, great song writing, had to see for myself if i was being unreasonable....

any nashville gaf hoppers here wanna recommend me some shit to eat/do while im there? (only 3 weekdays)

Brother Z's wangz and thangs. No joke. Order any of his incredible wings dude. Incredible.

codhand

Brother Z's wangz and thangs. No joke. Order any of his incredible wings dude. Incredible.

im near the Grand Opry Hotel. Seems like most stuff is a good 20 minutes from there, I do love wings...that name is awesome too.

Kanye got famous feeding his ego with that shit and then he saw the dark side

I'm not convinced kanye has any idea wtf is going on,

Definitely not France

oops, sounded like a french accent...
LA?

Ghostface names his favourite songs from his essential albums. Pretty cool interview for Ghost fans

How New God Flow happened
“I was doing that Hip-Hop Squares shit, and Fat Joe and Khaled were up there, and they were telling me how them niggas had used my voice and the beat from ‘Mighty Healthy’ and how Kanye had put it on ‘New God Flow.’ They said the shit was crazy, shit was bangin’. So I’m like, ‘Word?’ And they’re like, ‘You gotta hear this shit.’

“So after a while, I heard the shit, and you know, it was aiight. I didn’t really go crazy for it and stuff like that, though, probably because I heard the beat so many times. But they flipped it, though. Sometimes, when you hear a song the first time, you gotta hear it more and more before you be like, ‘Oh shit.’ Especially on the radio.

“So I fucked around and just took the initiative to do it myself, ‘cause my voice was on it. So I took it and was like, ‘You know what? Let me just get some of that real quick.’ So I tackled that shit, and did it.

“When it came out, I been did that, like two, three months ago. ‘Cause Kanye was busy doing whatever he was doing. I could’ve put it out myself, but something said, ‘Nah, just give it to him.’ Because more than likely, he’d make it like a remix, which he did. And it would be more powerful, instead of me just putting it out myself.

“So yeah, I did it myself, and just sent it to Kanye. And two or three months later, it was out, like, ‘Aiight, cool.’ And that was it, though. I never even spoke to him when I sent it or after it was released. But I appreciate it. He fucked around and made a movie out of it, and got it out there. It was cool.”

On Supreme 2 and the future
“When I do Supreme Clientele 2, I gotta make a movie out of it when I come on stage. On certain shows, niggas want you to go raw and perform with just a DJ and the instrumentals. But for the main shit, I gotta rock with the band and make the shit a movie.

“I still ain’t back. I ain’t never go nowhere, but I’m not back to where I’m comfortable and in there like that. A lot of these rappers that niggas look up to, I’ll dart ‘em out. Early. And get the belt back overnight. When you’re not getting that play on radio, and you’re not around, they forget. Until they be like, ‘That was that nigga that brought the eagles out and the robes and the Wallabees and all that other shit.’ Watch what happens in the next couple weeks. It’s on.”

mooooose

Ghost has been more prevalent this year than in the last couple, I can't imagine he doesn't put out Supreme 2.

His verse on New God Flow was stellar. It's the best thing he's done in a long time.

Jitters

I haven't been listening to 12 Reasons to Die as much as I thought I would. Still a good album though. I still haven't checked out The Brown Tape, need to get on that.

mooooose

Thank god Ghost keeps it real about Fishscale. That album was hot trash compared to anything he did pre Pretty Toney, and he knows it. The only thing hot was the production, and he recognizes that too.

mooooose

Ghost blew me away with that article. I literally agree with him on every point, the dude knows his strengths and weaknesses. I wish he could some how address his ghost writing phases from Wu Forever to Bulletproof Wallets and after Pretty Toney through OB4CL2 but that would diminish his credibility.

He's a smart fucking dude, using RZA's promo money for 12 Reasons to Die to build up hype, giving Ye the remix for a bigger platform, all before he drops his own shit. His goal is to be on the radio. No other dude in his age bracket has these goals after 20+ year careers.

Ghost is the fucking man.

Ghost blew me away with that article. I literally agree with him on every point, the dude knows his strengths and weaknesses. I wish he could some how address his ghost writing phases from Wu Forever to Bulletproof Wallets and after Pretty Toney through OB4CL2 but that would diminish his credibility.

He's a smart fucking dude, using RZA's promo money for 12 Reasons to Die to build up hype, giving Ye the remix for a bigger platform, all before he drops his own shit. His goal is to be on the radio. No other dude in his age bracket has these goals after 20+ year careers.

Ghost is the fucking man.

I read the whole thing. Great fucking interview. Happy he was so honest about his weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom