• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Disappointed, that Cam x Nore is a remix. That Cam verse is old as fuck, the original song is hot too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGgj88D_G-8

I'd love to hear Cam do music like this on the real though. Not just a remix. He would never though. It's not his ear.

That track is kinda weird. you dont see a lot of OGs jumping on wavvy shit like that

dope tho

It's a remix. Cam verse is old.

edit - NEVERMIND. It's a new verse or an extended verse or something. The first half of the verse is exactly the same as the Cookin Up verse but the second half isn't.

This shit goes.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
FUUUUUCK, 7 months later. my copy of the Man With The Iron Fists soundtrack comes in.

Kwixotik

iMXl410jpJN1f.gif

Ye walking into a pole lol

Jitters

I give out a lot of tens, but the last one I could think of was This Is Happening. I guess GKMC and CO were really good though.

Too early to say if Modern Vampires of the City or Cerulean Salt is a 10.

Esch

Banned
Out of everyone Esch, your love for this album surprises me the most.
Its just a good ass album man. I really liked Section 80, and i felt like this was the exact kind of step up he needed. The production is bonkers, tons of memorable songs, streamlined just enough to resonate with the pop crowd, and somehow it still manages to tell some great stories, some technically impressive verses. literally i have no idea how you cant be impressed with this album unless you cant tolerate any sterile or uplifting shit. i see why you dont like it, its not a toku album. what i dont get is why YOU dont get why people like it.

mooooose

XXX is THE 10/10
I'm going to listen to it now but I think his singles since XXX have been perfection of sound, granted the insightful parts of XXX are what maybe makes it a 10/10 and we've only really had Grown Up in that regard.

It could be a 10/10. I'm not sure. That's why I brought it up honestly.

Jitters

I've seen a lot of people say Tune Yards was ridiculously overrated, but I liked it. It is bat shit crazy.

Relax might have been a 10 for me too, but like I said, I give out too many 10s.

CRS

Last 10/10 hip-hop albums from the top of my head?

Russian Roulette, Lone Sharks, Death is Silent

Bonus: Oneirology (9/10)

Non-hip-hop:

Devotion (Jessie Ware) and speaking of Jessie Ware,

Best album Interscope has released in a decade:

Tokubetsu

The two best songs on gkmc and ASAPs album weren't even on the official listing

Dat gunplay

Yep. Still such a crime that Cartoons & Cereal, arguably Kendrick's best song, is relegated to some potential b-sides release years from now. More people deserved to hear that song. A handul of my friends who love GKMC never heard of it until I played it for them and their first reaction is always "How the fuck was this not on the album?" My response is always "Because the world isn't fair."

Also, for the record, I liked Section 80 but the only tracks off GKMC I actually like are Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe (It's undeniable) and Maad City.

Side Note, Harry Fraud has an instrumental EP out on Itunes with some y'all favorites instrumentals:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/royal-palm-ep/id646397535

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom