• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do they get Mystikal or Ginuwine?

Mystikal's like DMX where he always sounds pissed off, but Mystikal even sounds pissed off about good things. I could see Mystikal cutting promos in the Savage/Hogan era WWF

IrishNinja

at least Candy Shop was trying to be Magic Stick: the sequel, i still think piggy bank was the biggest offender...its like a preamble to twitter beef, its so bad

wait there's new mystikal? and yeah old him could totally have yelled at mean gene okerland's mic

If you own a Wii U I really wouldn't pull the 'games that currently dont exist for it' argument.

On topic: Did 50 Cent make any good songs?
All of GRODT, fam.

Also Ghetto Quaran.

Candy Shop is when 50 Cent became Ja Rule.
Damn. This is...the truth right here.

Well, I'd say he does Ja Rule better than Ja Rule does Ja Rule of course lol

Also as far as 50 beats go, Amusement Park is a guilty pleasure.

Jay Sosa

Kendrick also has a dope feature on Jesus Piece.

Section80 was in my top 3 the year it came out, but I didn't like his previous mixtape; it has some dope songs but I still haven't heard it all. GKMC is better than Section80 because it's more focused and has fewer ladies tracks; anyone gonna defend that makeup track huh? The only bad song on GKMC is Real. Even Poetic Justice is dope thanks to some very impressive lyrics for such a mainstream track.

I'm pretty bummed women find Kendrick attractive tho. I should be happy because he's killing light skin Negros right now, but I think the more female love he gets the more ladies tracks will be on his albums. And outside of a handful, most are pretty meh. So yea, hopefully he breaks his nose or something because I can't fuck with these estrogen songs yo.

hahaha what?

On topic: Did 50 Cent make any good songs?

you serious? Yes, tons of them. His first major album comes close to being a classic (and by todays standards easily is).

Dereck

Q's album is complete
ibzvAUFxWRo834.gif

Detox

Speaking of Steam, anybody want to play some Black Ops II Multiplayer? It's free this weekend.
I don't think a steam session has ever been organised, was going to get some sessions of BF3 in with toku and kams but that game sucks. I did play a game of DOTA with MOB but I was too tired so I barely spoke.

I just now realized Lil Kim is on Magic Stick.

Man, I can't stand 50 cent. If there is one album that gets called a classic that I never understood the love for it's certainly GRoDT. I think half of the album sucks.

RIP PP

oh man RIP pp.

grodt was a really good album, but honestly out of all the initial g-unit albums my favorite was straight outta cashville followed by grodt and documentary

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I don't think GRODT is a classic, but it's a solid A album. It's hard to not let later endeavors taint memories of the album, but I can remember playing it start to finish and enjoying every minute of it.
Massacre is the album that is half filler, but the other half is some of 50's best work. Get in my car is still probably my favorite 50 song.

Also always though disco inferno was more embarrassing than candy shop. But regardless, both songs helped him sell 1.4 million the first week, so 50 obviously knew what the fuck he was doing.

Was wondering when Ace was going to reach his limit with the light skinned stuff. I'm sure PP will be back soon though.

DominoKid

hahaha what?

you serious? Yes, tons of them. His first major album comes close to being a classic (and by todays standards easily is).

GRODT is a classic by any rap era standards. 50 was the man back then.

Why yall act like he wasnt always on some Ja shit though. 21 questions yall.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
PD down for gloating...lol. RIP, brah.

GRoDT is bordering on classic status, depending on when I listen to it, it's hell yeah, others it's "Man, all this shit talking he did then he did the same thing the minute after."

Sonically, it's probably a A++ album, but like Ross, Game. Lupe and a few others, the fuckery around them is too much.

PD down for gloating...lol. RIP, brah.

GRoDT is bordering on classic status, depending on when I listen to it, it's hell yeah, others it's "Man, all this shit talking he did then he did the same thing the minute after."

Sonically, it's probably a A++ album, but like Ross, Game. Lupe and a few others, the fuckery around them is too much.

Man to be quite honest it's not even his personality that makes me hate the album, but I really just don't care for it at all. Even when it comes to production I think GRoDT is kinda weak. It features the only Dre beats off the top of my head where I feel like they aren't really timeless. Maybe they aren't dre beats that I'm thinking about, but certainly some of the production off the tape

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When I go back to GRoDT I end up skipping every song and listening to If I Can't once and then moving on. Personally it hasn't aged as well as others say it has.

I don't consider it a classic, even if it was fairly influential, but it was a lot stronger and better put together than most of the other G-Unit releases.

Recon

Banned
What is with the "Only On Xbox"...please tell me it isnt fanboy wankery....E3 time is going to be fun/annoying to watch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What is with the "Only On Xbox"...please tell me it isnt fanboy wankery....E3 time is going to be fun/annoying to watch.
Getting exciting for Xbox Reveal. Pretty much the Xbox counterpart to Kazifying.

Normally I wouldn't do this and just switch up Iron Man's colours (tried that + a face edit for Kaz... yeah that wasn't pretty), but I'm beyond hype for a PGR5 reveal, which probably won't be at E3 but at Xbox Reveal.

Recon

Banned
Getting exciting for Xbox Reveal. Pretty much the Xbox counterpart to Kazifying.

Normally I wouldn't do this and just switch up Iron Man's colours (tried that + a face edit for Kaz... yeah that wasn't pretty), but I'm beyond hype for a PGR5 reveal, which probably won't be at E3 but at Xbox Reveal.

I figured it was for that, I just was seeing a lot of it, so I was wondering.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I figured it was for that, I just was seeing a lot of it, so I was wondering.
As a side note, the fanboy wars are already brewing, I wouldn't enter the MS is 6 months behind on game production thread unless you want to see people throwing very serious and childish Sony/MS is better shots at each other.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Man to be quite honest it's not even his personality that makes me hate the album, but I really just don't care for it at all. Even when it comes to production I think GRoDT is kinda weak. It features the only Dre beats off the top of my head where I feel like they aren't really timeless. Maybe they aren't dre beats that I'm thinking about, but certainly some of the production off the tape

Yeah, for sure. I like the bolded well enough, to me they range from great (In Da Club, obv and Patiently Waiting) to pretty entertaining (Blood Hound, Back Down). Heat, PIMP, 21 Questions all sort of suck

What Up Gangsta
Patiently Waiting
Many Men (Wish Death) Lyics
In Da Club

High All The Time
Heat
If I Can't
Blood Hound
Back Down

P.I.M.P.
Like My Style
Poor Lil' Rich
21 Questions
Don't Push Me
Gotta Make It To Heaven
Wanksta
U Not Like Me
Life's On The Line

Recon

Banned
As a side note, the fanboy wars are already brewing, I wouldn't enter the MS is 6 months behind on game production thread unless you want to see people throwing very serious and childish Sony/MS is better shots at each other.

I have lurked that thread....man... Some real childish behavior going on in gaming side right now lol.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Already? That shit never ceased on gaming. It's been prevalent for years

Tokubetsu

I don't think GRODT is a classic, but it's a solid A album. It's hard to not let later endeavors taint memories of the album, but I can remember playing it start to finish and enjoying every minute of it.
Massacre is the album that is half filler, but the other half is some of 50's best work. Get in my car is still probably my favorite 50 song.

Also always though disco inferno was more embarrassing than candy shop. But regardless, both songs helped him sell 1.4 million the first week, so 50 obviously knew what the fuck he was doing.

Was wondering when Ace was going to reach his limit with the light skinned stuff. I'm sure PP will be back soon though.

Yea we just had this discussion a few weeks ago irc and I wholeheartedly agree with you. Disco Inferno is made worse by the fact Just a Lil Bit follows right after it on massacre tracklist. That album is half filler and really bad tack sortment.

I'd give GRODT classic though, since I used to bump the whole thing front to back and 50 had the entire industry in a chokehold over it for a good two years.

Recon

Banned
I still hate most of The Massacre. I think the shitty tracks colored my perception of it more than they should have though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Confession: I hate Ski Mask Way. The production is okay but 50 pretty much adds nothing to the track. This is kinda generally how I feel about many of his songs in retrospect though, the shit sounds so bland and his rhymes are so basic that they really taint the my perception of these songs when I go back to them.

I remember that song had mad hype around it when Massacre dropped.

EDIT: I wrote this post before I saw Tokus, heh.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

popcorn.gif

amirite?

hubes

Yeah, for sure. I like the bolded well enough, to me they range from great (In Da Club, obv and Patiently Waiting) to pretty entertaining (Blood Hound, Back Down). Heat, PIMP, 21 Questions all sort of suck

nawwww you didnt just say 21 questions sucks. ill ignore that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Straight To The Bank is a top 5 Fiddy song. Life's on the Line and My Toy Soldier tier. Shit is mad underrated and distills the best of 50 into one song.

ibi2nCzJZMzUTK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom