• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I like the message, don't like the song. It's way too cheesy, I believe it was mostly the chorus that ruined it for me. WanderingWind shouldn't be able to talk about 21 questions then like No Make UP

Context matters. A dude who is trying to be tougher than woodpecker lips shouldn't be talking about getting hugs while talking about how he feels inside. KDot has been all conscious all the time since the jump.

If Lupe made a track about how badass and thugged out he was tomorrow, it'd be the same level of stupid, but nobody would bat an eye if Gangsta Rappa X made the same track.

mooooose

nah man i think the worst part of no makeup is that girl who's talking on the track. i understand the idea but the execution was horrible, it just sounded so cheesy

also gkmc is a good album but i think real and good kid are boring songs.

holy shit at his maad city flow though. i used to think he had wack flow but he super saiyan evolved on this one.
Real is a little boring but Good Kid is amazing, he killed it lyrically, the beat is just boring.

The entire album is amazing.

that dude on the no makeup hook is so corny. shitty voice sounds like he's pandering to the 12 year olds of yore who were hooked on that linkin park.

nah man i think the worst part of no makeup is that girl who's talking on the track. i understand the idea but the execution was horrible, it just sounded so cheesy

also gkmc is a good album but i think real and good kid are boring songs.

holy shit at his maad city flow though. i used to think he had wack flow but he super saiyan evolved on this one.

Yeah, right. I agree, the execution was just so bad on No Make Up. You know like cool message man, but I'm not fucking with the song because of that.

yeah Kendrick's verse on Maad City might be my favorite verse from him ever. Like he kills it in terms of flow and content

mooooose

I think Kendrick is really good on Good Kid. I think the song has a mediocre beat and his flow is mellow so people miss out on how good it is.

Sing About Me is my favorite song on the album. The message, the lyrics, the beat. I wish that was the last song on the album.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Real moment. I like the track because I'm always telling the wife she looks great without makeup. It resonates. Fuck off, hosers.

#canrelate

Real moment. I like the track because I'm always telling the wife she looks great without makeup. It resonates. Fuck off, hosers.

#canrelate

haha i just like to give you shit because I remember when we first argued about that song on the podcast. DId that podcast ever happen last week between yall?

i still listen to show me the meaning of being lonely everyday.

one day somebody will sample this song, and french montana will rap over it.

Nah let me break it down to you. Someone will sample the song and rap over it, it will be a hot song or at least well popular then give it a few years and french montana will rap over the same sample with different drums

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You can like the song. Shit, I love the album. But it's not a bump everyday album. It's not a classic. Y'all need to stop taking turns and get up off this boys penis.

Esch

Banned

#canrelate
i can fuck with the sentiment too. like i get it. its just that the combination of the sentiment and sound just ends up being the audio equivalent of male ballerina pirouettes

PBY

Banned
cover.jpg

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/22078/problem-aint-nobody-hotter-than-me.html

shallow but enjoyable

IrishNinja

GKMC & GRDT are classics, no matter how many times you herbs edit their wiki articles to take subliminals and shit

People who listen to Riff Raff and own a fucking WiiU lose for life.

I dont have the time to argue this right now but The Massacre is slight editing away from being a classic. Where's Des at?

The Massacre aka Got Rich & Stopped Trying is a fucking struggle of an album and pretty much where dude fell off though

but then again you're a dude who'd call a track of DMX crying to himself for a half hour AOTY so i guess that's fair

Tokubetsu

I missed this, god damnit. Kitty already responded to one of my questions on tumblr.

How come the guy with the best top ten list in the op doesn't post? Were the other list THAT bad? lol

What are you talking about? I didn't post a top ten and I post all the time.

Jitters

Yall made fun of me for saying Tupac was glorified, but Kid Cudi is mentioned in those list more than he, Digable Planets, and Public Enemy combined. What an unusual group this thread is.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yall made fun of me for saying Tupac was glorified, but Kid Cudi is mentioned in those list more than he, Digable Planets, and Public Enemy combined. What an unusual group this thread is.
Wha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom