• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
uAmdacr.png

story link:

http://fox2now.com/2013/03/04/pilot-reports-spotting-drone-over-brooklyn/

At one point Meth could have become as big as Biggie and 2pac imo. I'm a big Wu stan but do feel he probably should have gone Beyonce on them in 1997. Tical 2000 was a very big album sales wise but he could have done better imo.

I do respect him for not chasing the fame, he genuinely didn't like that life or the demands/expectations. Dude has made a lot of money and still makes dough in Hollywood so I'd imagine he's not regretting shit.

Tokubetsu

At one point Meth could have become as big as Biggie and 2pac imo. I'm a big Wu stan but do feel he probably should have gone Beyonce on them in 1997. Tical 2000 was a very big album sales wise but he could have done better imo.

I do respect him for not chasing the fame, he genuinely didn't like that life or the demands/expectations. Dude has made a lot of money and still makes dough in Hollywood so I'd imagine he's not regretting shit.

Yea, I always think of Kamspy's "creme always rises to the top" when I think of Method Man. Out of all of them him and RZA will die with the best legacies imo. Music, movies, etc.

PBY

Banned
I'm feeling the art and general aesthetics of 12 Reasons to Die than the actual music so far.

I kinda agree... Also, I feel that Adrian Younge is basically carrying the album, hes brought that fresh perspective, Ghost just kinda feels there/doing the same stuff to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only songs I find myself coming back to are Skeletons, All In My Head and Last Day.

IMO checking out the album is worth it for Last Day alone. Both Juicy and Banks spazzed on that.

IrishNinja

putting wayne up there with jay & em just means fatherhood is fucking his already too self-conscious ass right on up

let's talk bout this wu shit fam

Meth > Ghost

Ghost couldn't shine in a era like the 90s. .Meth was that dude back then before biggie.

Method Man is the new word for GOAT Wu member

these people are on the right side of history

GFK has the best legacy.

Ghost has like quadruple as many good albums as Meth.

he also has good consistency with em too, but meth's highs (no pun) and versatility >>>>

Until Rae releases his FILA album complete with trap beats and a Future feature :(

we are not talkin bout that no more PDs

Sucks is a new word for GOAT wu member?

peter you so crazy

Tical aged horribly.

...how? literally the weirdest thing ive see you say biz...i can still let that album just ride, as long as i dont think about the one we were supposed to get

PERPENDIKULA TO THE SQUARE

STOOPID BITCH, TO BE A NURSE YOU GOTTA GO TO SCHOOL FIRST

Apolo Kids sucked.

i don't even know what ya'll want from a GFK album if you say stuff like this.

Gonna have to go with Inspectah Deck as the GOAT member.

see i love deck, RZA called it - no one opens a track like he did for them in the day. but you can't point to a single album he has and call it a classic, so it's a weird call for me.
i will say czarface is high on my list so far this year, but that's hardly all him

4119748432-1.jpg

Triple Double - Red Tooth Rap

For Tribe fans. So fuckin smooth.

Some of those basslines man. damn. shits groovin.

This fits the same vibe.

DJ D.L. - H.E.R. Theme

these are in queue, thanks guys!

I kinda agree... Also, I feel that Adrian Younge is basically carrying the album, hes brought that fresh perspective, Ghost just kinda feels there/doing the same stuff to me.
Dunno. In some ways having musicians do original hip hop can be a negative because the grooves often aren't as good as a simple sample or loop; I rarely hear a Roots track that breaks my neck for instance, even though I love the Roots. These last two Ghost tracks have nice beats but something is missing. There's just no "oh shit" moment or melody, it's just...a track. Granted both songs are dope but I just don't see this being a head knocker album, or having any tracks that blow you away live. I was hoping for hard drums, piano loops, and dope baselines but that shit is boring to talented musicians.

This is stuff I can imagine nodding to in a small club while drinking scotch.

IrishNinja

for the love of post god. ninja chill

when you keep weird hours, you gotta catch up & bless all these young'uns with a reply, lest you leave out complex and he catch feelins nahmean

irish is like the incest hentai ESPN highlight reel of gafhop

it's a free service too, i even edits most of the pictures & junk so its not one of those gaming side newjacks who quotes a book-long OP for the 10th time that page

still if it troubles ya'll, i'll be back on the road in a few days - backpacking part of south america this time, so i'll catch ya'll in a few weeks from then, hopefully GFK delivers & we ain't on OT 8 by then

Irish needs to start doing Posts of the Week.

yo you remember when we had a twitter for that tho

Esch

Banned
gaf hop twitter real flabby n sick. theres still that shit about rozay dick smellin like cheeseburgers from 2011 or some shit on the first page

solution: give control of said twitter to irishninja

They talking about Covert Coup 2? Damn I hope they call it something else lol, so I don't closely compare it to that classic. I remember I was at the strip club, titties all in my face, and I heard someone with a ringtone of Life Instructions...I got up, went to the whip, and played the album all the way to Taco Bell thinking damn, I'm truly blessed.

IrishNinja

heh yeah, really sad Tyga, Curren$y, Nas & Ross got left out, i wanna cite fam but including the artists feels like half the fun

i mean i unno what you talmbout maccas

Jay Sosa

People rag on him a lot, but he is one of the realist rappers out there. It's not all gunz chainz and hoez with him. He is the definition of REAL HIP HOP

yep loved when the entire I'm Gay album was like that, really surprised the hell out of me. Damn shame that people only wanna hear hat godawful swag crap.

codhand

tical has aged beautifully, like cindy crawford minus republicanism

bring the pain is goat wu-solo video

method man is goat wu-live member

All these rappers do is make the list mean something instead of ignoring it. No one cares until they throw a fit. MTV doesn't play music all year until deciding to throw a list together in March and everyone catches feelings...

They should have saw Future in the list and stopped watching immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom