• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

a6232d1ecc1711e28bf722000a1f92f7_7.jpg

8/6/13

fuck yes. i still listen to the 1st 2

mooooose

Do you guys think Oxymoron will come out before Old? It should, because Q is bigger than Danny and getting a feature on Q's album will get him hype and record sales.

I hope rocky and q make a space for Danny to be more popular without sacrifices.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That sad part is I know people are gonna be saying this album is better than miller's and ye's efforts. Meh. It'll probably have a handful of songs that I'll listen to for a week.

Recon

Banned
That sad part is I know people are gonna be saying this album is better than miller's and ye's efforts. Meh. It'll probably have a handful of songs that I'll listen to for a week.

Born Sinner will be better than Macs album. Wtf is going on with you people and miller? He improves a little and y'all are like "omg I love him".

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Born Sinner will be better than Macs album. Wtf is going on with you people and miller? He improves a little and y'all are like "omg I love him".
Just stacking the songs we've heard against the songs we've heard from born sinner. Mac album sounds much more interesting and daring.

exarkun

Damn, self made 1 and 2 had some jams. And I liked how the production would vary between bangers and stuff personally made to highlight an artist.

Meek Mill tho, just needs to stay ignorant. His "ive been hustlin, on the comeup" shit is too corny and boring. Just be Ross Jr and occasionally say real shit and Im happy.

PBY

Banned
Damn, self made 1 and 2 had some jams. And I liked how the production would vary between bangers and stuff personally made to highlight an artist.

Meek Mill tho, just needs to stay ignorant. His "ive been hustlin, on the comeup" shit is too corny and boring. Just be Ross Jr and occasionally say real shit and Im happy.
His D and N intro was the hustlin/comeup style and shit was amazing. But outside that I agree.

DominoKid

i dunno. i dig Meek's hustling/comeup steez. i kinda wish he had went a little harder in that direction on D&N instead of making a few radio copout joints. young & getting it? nah.

exarkun

i dunno. i dig Meek's hustling/comeup steez. i kinda wish he had went a little harder in that direction on D&N instead of making a few radio copout joints. young & getting it? nah.

My Moment was good, and he did the radio thing while getting his hustlin rap on. I was on the other end of the spectrum, thought he went a little too far with that stuff. I originally didn't like Maybach Curtains, but its worn on me. He used alot of that trumpet/piano/organ instrumental on the album, a little too much.

All this talk about it, I'll listen to D and N while studying now. In preparation for Self Made 3

DominoKid

that Lay Up joint is the worst offender. i struck that song from my memory (until now) it was so bad. i like My Moment and Amen though.

exarkun

that Lay Up joint is the worst offender. i struck that song from my memory (until now) it was so bad. i like My Moment and Amen though.

literally first song that came on when i shuffled the album. You mean she don't throw it right back? And you don't miss when give her the layup?

hubes

i havent really dug a mac project since kids so i dont really have much reason to look forward to it although ill give it a shot. and considering kanyes last solo was a mess im expecting more of the same.. meaning songs that are way too long so he can try and show us how genius he is in the lab (lol)

coles dropped nothing but flames this year so i fully expect to like his album more than mac and ye.

Recon

Banned
How is that losing? Mac is indie and is winning more than Lupe and Cole combined. Playa hater Recon

?? I didn't say Mac was losing, I said listening to Mac was losing. Mac is getting money, but that only lets him afford better production.

Crooked Smile is the simp anthem of the year. Good god..

fuck Cole for trying to get hot women from coming to the dental office tho. Fucking with my livelihood now.

PBY

Banned
i havent really dug a mac project since kids so i dont really have much reason to look forward to it although ill give it a shot. and considering kanyes last solo was a mess im expecting more of the same.. meaning songs that are way too long so he can try and show us how genius he is in the lab (lol)

coles dropped nothing but flames this year so i fully expect to like his album more than mac and ye.
The hell am I reading.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo this (old) Owl Pharoah is dope as fuck too.

I like both of them sorta equally. Some really dope production across the two tapes. I like how Travis Scott is kind of an amalgamation the southern trap sound and Kanye touches, with a side of overproduction. Son definitely has his place, and kamspy is kinda right, he is sorta CS Era Kanye in a bottle.

I kinda like the approach Travis takes when he makes his verses but not necessarily the execution. I feel like there is substance behind what he's saying but he can't express it right so it kinda comes off generic at times. Might be the production that's giving me that impression though.

Lupe should sign with MMG.

It was a mess. Technically and creatively.

Based on Black Skinhead and new Slaves, Yeezus will be much better.
I hope Awesome isn't on Yeezus. That shit sounds like a hot mess and it doesn't sound like it would match the sound of Black Skinhead and New Slaves.

And that Lupe goes. Wow.

DominoKid

Yo this (old) Owl Pharoah is dope as fuck too.

I like both of them sorta equally. Some really dope production across the two tapes. I like how Travis Scott is kind of an amalgamation the southern trap sound and Kanye touches, with a side of overproduction. Son definitely has his place, and kamspy is kinda right, he is sorta CS Era Kanye in a bottle.

I kinda like the approach Travis takes when he makes his verses but not necessarily the execution. I feel like there is substance behind what he's saying but he can't express it right so it kinda comes off generic at times. Might be the production that's giving me that impression though.

Yeah im feeling like kanye should fast track dude because he's got a lot of shit that i think can catch on. Far more than Pusha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just want to hear a CDQ of Yeezy Season at this point. That shit got me thirsty like no other song except maybe New Slaves but we already have that in decent quality.

I think Yeezus is easily going to be more divisive on GAF-Hop than MBDTF. Production seems to be all over the place. Soul samples, electronic and dubstep-like tracks, autotune and muffled vocals, punk influenced tracks with primal screaming, minimalist beats, etc. I can read siddx' post now.

Jitters

I just want to hear a CDQ of Yeezy Season at this point. That shit got me thirsty like no other song except maybe New Slaves but we already have that in decent quality.

I think Yeezus is easily going to be more divisive on GAF-Hop than MBDTF. Production seems to be all over the place. Soul samples, electronic and dubstep-like tracks, autotune and muffled vocals, punk influenced tracks with primal screaming, minimalist beats, etc. I can read siddx' post now.

Such a beautiful thing. He is a true artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom