• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it took 5 years but its actually happened.

Ive been in a particular mindstate while listening to 808s and Heartbreak and this album is incredible. I spent a lot of time shitting on it in the past, people were telling me how you gotta be in a certain mood for it to click. "Thats bullshit, its either good or its trash."

How fucking wrong I was. After some relationship bullshit this week, Paranoid came on shuffle so I went to the album and let it ride while I was driving last night. Had a long drive home so the whole album played.

Shit is fantastic.

CRS

Ive been in a particular mindstate while listening to 808s and Heartbreak and this album is incredible. I spent a lot of time shitting on it in the past, people were telling me how you gotta be in a certain mood for it to click. "Thats bullshit, its either good or its trash."

How fucking wrong I was. After some relationship bullshit this week, Paranoid came on shuffle so I went to the album and let it ride while I was driving last night. Had a long drive home so the whole album played.

Shit is fantastic.
There's a lot of albums like this and it's too bad more people don't have this mentality.

Actually, I think the mood albums are the norm and albums you can put on at any time are the rare albums.

Macca

Shit is fantastic.
pNocefR.jpg

iavi

Yeah, the most recent album that hit this way to me is Overgrown by James Blake. You have to either be in that place, or be willing to let it take you there, otherwise. the GOAT Russian Roulette is another good example.

To be honest, though. 808s still hasn't clicked with me. Neither has ^^

DominoKid

i don't really do mood albums. it really is a binary "enjoyed/didn't enjoy" scale to me. i don't really deal w/ good/bad as far as taste.

Recon

Banned

Shit is fantastic.

The College Dropout is probably his best, but 808's is my favorite. Just so damn good.

i don't really do mood albums. it really is a binary "enjoyed/didn't enjoy" scale to me. i don't really deal w/ good/bad as far as taste.

Some of my favorite albums I didn't feel at all until that one magic moment.
I didn't like OB4CL until one random day I was playing vidya and it came on my ipod.
Company Flow - Funcrusher plus was just some weird random shit I downloaded until one night I was high out of my mind and I played it on my ipod, now I consider it one of the best hip-hop albums of all time.
I've recently came around to 808s and Heartbreaks. I hated on it at the time cause it wasn't what I wanted from Kanye, but I still saw it as a good album even back then.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Was that an old Lupe verse? Because that shit was straight The Cool Lupe.

Even Wale was pretty good.

I fuck with that song.

well there's a part two in the works...

Mastermind ‏@rickyrozay 2h
@LupeFiasco maybe a pt2...... #Salutions

idk wtf a Salution is though. is that halfway between a Solution and a Salutation?
whatever. if Lupe fucking w/ MMG is the shit that will bring him back to earth than i welcome it with open arms.

Dat MMG production maine Lupe needs to hook up with J.U.S.T.IC.E. League.

njean777

Shit is fantastic.

808's was always one of my favorite albums from him, its so radically different and came out of nowhere. Then again I like Kanye's whole discography. The weakest album he has made to me though was Graduation.

IrishNinja

There's a lot of albums like this and it's too bad more people don't have this mentality.

Actually, I think the mood albums are the norm and albums you can put on at any time are the rare albums.

yeah, this post had me thinking i should revisit MOTM, then maccadonnas fucked that vibe right up

#fuckaCudi

DominoKid

oh skateboard that's such a stale ass beat. and i like the idea, but that shit is weeeeeeeak. that joint needs to be trap'd out because 2 chainz verses/hook are money.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
These new mmg songs tho. Even Lupe dropping good shit.

What happened to the young whoopi sending shots ross way tho? I thought his lost self would never do something with someone like Ross.

IrishNinja

haha, hood chick i know moved up to be a cop a while back...i didn't even have a chance to make a who's the man joke before she yells "LEGIT NOW, I AINT GOTTA LIE TO NO JUDGE"

Detox

1. Timbo Speaks!
2. Intro feat. Lil Snupe
3. Burn Rubber feat. Joe Moses & YG
4. 4G's feat. TC4800, E-40, Ty Dolla $ign, & C. Hood
5. Take It To The Neck feat. Clyde Carson & YG
6. Put This Thang On Ya feat. Ty Dolla $ign
7. Bounce That feat. RJ, Royce The Choice, Skeme, Casey
8. LadyKilla feat. Cocc Pistol Cree
9. Stupid Dumb feat. Bounce & Dorrough
10. Been From The Gang feat. Kay Ess, YG, Nipsey Hussle, & RJ
11. Lil Jon Speaks!
12. Straight Ryder feat. Candice
13. Nothin Like Me feat. Dom Kennedy
14. Fuck That Nigga feat. Teeflii, Constantine, Ty Dolla $ign
15. DJ Drama Speaks!
16. See Me Gettin' Money feat. YG, Cash Out & K. Smith
17. Paranoid feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Joe Moses
18. CNN feat. Kid Ink
19. Don't Trust Nobody feat. Killa Kam & RJ
20. Funk Master Flex Speaks!
21. Midnight Run feat. Royce The Choice, Skeme & Casey Midnight Run

This looks like it sucks, the stars probably kept the heat for themselves. He said there were supposed to be two Jeezy songs on it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom