• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Hov calling scoreboard again.

Jay-Z is about to ink a hugely lucrative deal with Samsung Mobile, sources tell Page Six. The contract is said to be worth as much as $20 million. One source said, “The eight-figure deal will be inked in the next few weeks, and is the biggest of its kind. You can speculate that he’ll want to develop some kind of new music-streaming service to promote his acts and music on mobile devices.” After Hot 97’s Sunday Summer Jam at MetLife Stadium, Jay-Z and Beyoncé, who’s been dashing pregnancy rumors, celebrated by partying at W.i.P. till 3:30 a.m. yesterday with rappers Fabolous, Miguel, Wale, Meek Mill, Busta Rhymes and Omarion, taking over two tables.

Macca

and the F is for fabulous taste
C6qfNzK.png

CRS

Ayo, J. Cole is like Bizarro Kanye. Just think about that real hard and you'll realize it. His first album should have been named College Graduate
I can kinda see that. If Kanye didn't lose his mother and went through his girl issues, Kanye might be Cole.

I can kinda see that. If Kanye didn't lose his mother and went through his girl issues, Kanye might be Cole.

People complain Kanye is doing too straying too much from his first album and go back to them soul samples.

J. Cole essentially makes the same type of music for the past few years, people want him to switch it up

Kanye dropped out

J Cole graduated

Kanye always angry in photos

J cole always sad

Kanye has no problems being in a photo with Jay Z

J. Cole I believe has never been in the same frame as Jay Z

cacophony

" J. Cole essentially makes the same type of music for the past few years, people want him to switch it up"

that's exactly why people who complain about Kanye losing his soul sound are idiots

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye moving forward with his sound was the best thing ever to happen to hip hop.
I wouldn't say that, but it is a differentiating factor as to why he is so successful and why Drake and Jay are following in his footsteps.

Definitely scust at people asking for more TCD-sounding stuff. Kanye is the anti-stagnation model in the industry, that has proven itself to work.

Jitters

The Internet was the best and worst thing to happen to hip-hop music. The Internet is the best thing to happen to hip-hop fans.

The internet has allowed so much hip hop to be made. Its so easy to make and upload to bandcamp.

Anyone can make and release hip hop and electronic records now. That is probably why there is so much of those two.

DominoKid

People complain Kanye is doing too straying too much from his first album and go back to them soul samples.

J. Cole essentially makes the same type of music for the past few years, people want him to switch it up

Kanye dropped out

J Cole graduated

Kanye always angry in photos

J cole always sad

Kanye has no problems being in a photo with Jay Z

J. Cole I believe has never been in the same frame as Jay Z

:O

hubes

" J. Cole essentially makes the same type of music for the past few years, people want him to switch it up"

that's exactly why people who complain about Kanye losing his soul sound are idiots

i mean theres not many rappers/producers EVER that are touching kanye back in his ~2001-2005 stretch so i dont really see why people wanting more of that sound are idiots. of course he had to evolve / change his sound to stay as big as he is and he wouldnt be at the top of the game if he kept that sound so it obviously was a good move on his part. but if i had the choice to want to listen to college dropout 2 or yeezus id pick cd2 in a heart beat.

cacophony

i mean theres not many rappers/producers EVER that are touching kanye back in his ~2001-2005 stretch so i dont really see why people wanting more of that sound are idiots. of course he had to evolve / change his sound to stay as big as he is and he wouldnt be at the top of the game if he kept that sound so it obviously was a good move on his part. but if i had the choice to want to listen to college dropout 2 or yeezus id pick cd2 in a heart beat.

an album youve never heard over v2 of an album youve heard, see thats silly to me.

I literally have no idea what Yeezus is going to sound like except guessing from the vibe of the two songs released

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Meh. I'd rather be 38 and still look 20 than have 20mil and be ugly as fuck
This man's hate knows no bounds. $20 mill wipes away any disadvantages for looking ugly unless your pursuit in life is to be a male model.

Though I took you up on checking out that Ebro episode of the Combat Jack show and it was mad informative, so you're not all that crazy.

Esch

Banned
PP is that one 89 year old Japanese dude clutching an m1 garand out in Indonesia somewhere waiting for the United States to surrender

Recon

Banned
an album youve never heard over v2 of an album youve heard, see thats silly to me.

I literally have no idea what Yeezus is going to sound like except guessing from the vibe of the two songs released

Nothing silly about it, I dont agree with it, but nothing silly.

iavi

This is true if you throw out the idea of evolutions of sound. Soul Ye could have been expanded even past Graduation.

HiResDes

I can't wait to hear this MFN, it has production by Key Nyata and Constrobuz, and features from Danny Brown and Nacho Picasso!...So rad and if you haven't heard of Constrobuz you should check out this album:

-CRASH-

Banned
my bro jus said the j cole album leaked. any truth to this? seems a bit early

just wanted to make clear I'm not condoning piracy. gonna wait for the album to drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom