• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

So I ain't fucking the gaming side so I figured I'd ask ya'll. I already know I'm not getting an Xbox One, fuck all that needs to be online to check every 24 hours shit. I don't live somewhere where that is remotely feasible for me. Plus all that other shit is obnoxious as well.
But what is the PS4's deal? Do we know yet? I haven't been following gaming much the last year, but I still enjoy playing on the weekends. So I really don't know wtf is going on. Will the PS4 also require always online and demand you dance like a puppet for it's built in spy camera?

They said I doesn't need to be online...but you know how much statements like that are worth. So basically we have to wait and see.

Excellent. I just want a goddamn video game console. I want to turn on a machine, grab a controller, and play a game. No bullshit, no extra nonsense, no fucking dancing and waving hands around, no drm, no always online, no verifying, no checking, no pouring through menus, no tv streaming. Just let me sit back with some vodka and play a fucking video game.

Sadly those days are long gone.

You guys should check out Logic. He's like a young, hungry J.Cole who's actually been through shit.

The Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever tape is pretty dope.

DominoKid

Ughhhh @ Cole going with another mellow release. I haven't listened to it yet, but impressions like that make me not want to.

I just find myself wondering why some of these TY2 tracks didn't make the album. I mean I know he opens the first track talking about it's not a preview of what the album is gonna sound like...but why the fuck doesn't the album sound like that??? I mean, tracks 2-5 on TY2 would be standouts on the album and break up some of the monotony.

Anyway, I think you should listen to the album. It's a solid release despite some of the flaws.

IrishNinja

They said I doesn't need to be online...but you know how much statements like that are worth. So basically we have to wait and see.

Sadly those days are long gone.

Like Sosa said those days are dead unless you get a 3ds or wii u

even WU has updates, not as bad as at launch but it's not immune to them anymore. shit's tragic, watch this neo geo x gold fuckin' update next time i boot it up.

and yeah, better or worse next monday will be glorious

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the track with 2Chainz on there.

Sooooo I finally listened to Young Thug and I just made it to track 2 LOOOOL at 2 Cups STuffed. What hte hell did I just get myself into? This dude is hilarious

DominoKid

I love bumping Young Thug in traffic. I get the weirdest looks. Folks don't know whether to bump w/ it or roll their windows up. I've actually had folks see me around campus and hit me up later like "dude what the FUCK were you listening to?"

Album Out June 18 ‏@MacMiller 26m
it makes me sad that everybody cares so much about the number of albums we are selling first week. as if that actually means something.
Retweeted by Tyler, The Creator

oh Mac...

I love bumping Young Thug in traffic. I get the weirdest looks. Folks don't know whether to bump w/ it or roll their windows up. I've actually had folks see me around campus and hit me up later like "dude what the FUCK were you listening to?"

it makes me sad that everybody cares so much about the number of albums we are selling first week. as if that actually means something.

oh Mac...
I won't lie. 2 Cups Stuffed is a catchy as fuck track though(Just found myself rewinding it). lol, shit just threw me off completely.

SadAli

Neo Member
1017 Thug is one of my favourite things released this year. So good to see the potential of the I Came From Nothing tapes actually followed through on. I listen to Nigeria too much for my own good.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm...enjoying Born Sinner. Surprised by how much. Land of the Snakes is my favorite so far.

I just find myself wondering why some of these TY2 tracks didn't make the album. I mean I know he opens the first track talking about it's not a preview of what the album is gonna sound like...but why the fuck doesn't the album sound like that??? I mean, tracks 2-5 on TY2 would be standouts on the album and break up some of the monotony.

Anyway, I think you should listen to the album. It's a solid release despite some of the flaws.

I'll still listen to it eventually, but I'm not expecting much. Mellow J Cole is worst J Cole. I also haven't really enjoyed his projects since The Warm Up so it might just be time for me to move on.

I reserve the right to flip flop on this opinion if I enjoy the album.

I really don't know what you guys have been expecting from Cole. He's been making the same type of music since the Warm Up. He's been staying in his lane.

Personally I don't like Cole songs like Chris Tucker or Can't Get Enough because its not really true to his style.

Mellow Cole is best Cole.

Detox

Can't listen yet but reading the lyrics for let Nas down and I'm dying ahahaha. Can't believe they actually let him release that.

I really don't know what you guys have been expecting from Cole. He's been making the same type of music since the Warm Up. He's been staying in his lane.

Personally I don't like Cole songs like Chris Tucker or Can't Get Enough because its not really true to his style.

Not really. Warm Up had tempo switches up all over the place. I can name off the top of my head I remember Warm Up having HeartAche that easily was a energy filled track.

A lot of the beats here are around the same tempo. Besides not like any of us said it is disappointing. I said it's better than Cole World

Edit: I certainly do not see how you could say Can't Get Enough isn't true to Cole style. Can't Get Enough fits lyrics/theme wise with his stuff from Warm Up, so that's a bit confusing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I like Cole when he doesn't take himself so seriously, and it feels like what he's trying to convey is natural and not some forced shit with a like about loans thrown in there. So songs like Chris Tucker (not so much Can't Get Enough.. yuck) are fun because he's just spitting.

I think Chance the Rapper most recently kinda exemplifies how you can spitting some shit without making it sound musically distressing.

Haven't listened to Born Sinner yet though.

HiResDes

oh Mac...
Bukkweat Killa is like that too for me. Picachu is the funniest shit ever and Nigeria goes dummy

Detox

Nasty wrote, Nastradamus prophesied and now we are living in the age of the artist. His rise from the ashes left by Kelis will culminate in redemption, symbolised by Knight marrying Blue.

My Review on Born Sinner

Just finished it pretty good album nice production and he was spitting on the whole thing. Album will grow on me with repeated listens this album is kinda moody like Take Care in a way, like it should of been released in the fall/winter season. The only flaw is it needs some more uptempo songs on here like Head Bussa or Chris Tucker that's probably what Truly Yours 3 is for in the Deluxe Edition.

8.5/10

My Favorite Tracks (No Order)
Runaway
Forbidden Fruit
Land of the Snakes
Let Nas Down
Crooked Smile

Not really. Warm Up had tempo switches up all over the place. I can name off the top of my head I remember Warm Up having HeartAche that easily was a energy filled track.

A lot of the beats here are around the same tempo. Besides not like any of us said it is disappointing. I said it's better than Cole World

Edit: I certainly do not see how you could say Can't Get Enough isn't true to Cole style. Can't Get Enough fits lyrics/theme wise with his stuff from Warm Up, so that's a bit confusing.
Should've said Mr. Nice Watch.. That's the song I hate most on cw

Jadakiss says The Lox may sign to MMG

Now before I let you go, I got to ask about this signing to MMG rumor. Recently you were featured on one of Self Made, Vol. 3‘s new singles, “Oil Money” with Rick Ross. There’s speculation that you might be the next signee. Any truth to that rumor?

The LOX might get an offer from MMG. That’s what that’s about. I’m signed to Def Jam though for three or four more albums. But definitely that was one of the places that were inquiring about the new LOX album. You’ll hear about a couple more. The LOX album is definitely coming.

CRS

I cant stop listening to Born Sinner and She Knows. I think the only track I dont really like is Chaining Day. Not a fan of the beat.

She Knows is definitely the highlight.

The well known samples really kill Cole's respective tracks for me which is unfair but the tracks left a bad taste after listening to them.

And I still can't believe Let Nas Down is real.

HiResDes

I can't believe Cole had the nerve to mention himself amongst the likes King Kendrick Princess Drake. There are Quest/Co$$ mixtapes I like better than this shit. Mac Miller's album will be better. Friday Night Lights was better.

Cudder

Born Sinner is a good album, but it'll be the same case with sideline story where I listen to it (select tracks) for a month then delete it off my phone to make space for other shit.

Kind of a shame because I really believe Cole is a better rapper than most that are in the game right now. Things got bad for Cole when he dropped SS and fucked off for a year before we heard anything from him again. During his mix tape days when everyone was claiming he was the next big thing in hip hop and the savior of hip hop (don't lie, gafhop was on that whole tip too), but that was before the whole TDE movement came and exploded. Now Kendrick is getting all of the praise and acclaim that we all thought was going to be Coles.

I don't think he gives a fuck though, he's gonna do pretty alright numbers and he's got his fanbase.

HiResDes

This shit is gone, done with it. Liking The Heist a little more forreal. Really like the production, kind of sounds like Atmosphere meets Everlast lol.

DominoKid

Born Sinner is a good album, but it'll be the same case with sideline story where I listen to it (select tracks) for a month then delete it off my phone to make space for other shit.

Kind of a shame because I really believe Cole is a better rapper than most that are in the game right now.
Things got bad for Cole when he dropped SS and fucked off for a year before we heard anything from him again. During his mix tape days when everyone was claiming he was the next big thing in hip hop and the savior of hip hop (don't lie, gafhop was on that whole tip too), but that was before the whole TDE movement came and exploded. Now Kendrick is getting all of the praise and acclaim that we all thought was going to be Coles.

I don't think he gives a fuck though, he's gonna do pretty alright numbers and he's got his fanbase.

i don't think he really is. he might spit harder but his shit is very ineffective & repetitious.

i think he does care. if he did he wouldn't be talking all that shit. are making a song about Letting Nas Down. are hyping up the fact that he did all the verses. he wants that acceptance bad, but he wants it on what he perceives to be his own terms when it's really just his pride getting in the way of better music.

CRS

Cole isn't bad but he isn't memorable at all as a lyricist.

IMG_08421.jpg

Cole just has 5 and maybe a little 2 and 4 with his fan base. He needs to look at the other three heavy.

Recon

Banned
She Knows is definitely the highlight.

The well known samples really kill Cole's respective tracks for me which is unfair but the tracks left a bad taste after listening to them.

And I still can't believe Let Nas Down is real.

I really dont understand Let Nas Down. I get the idea behind it, but there were so many better ways to go about it. Instead, it is just a Nasir ball wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom