• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I don't know why I post this since NO ONE pays attention to me, but Mos Def is releasing a remix version of the Ecstatic, one of the GREATEST hip hop albums ever made.

If people don't talk about it doesn't mean people didn't pay attention to it/read it.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Reading Threads with the Screen Off

Jitters

If people don't talk about it doesn't mean people didn't pay attention to it/read it.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Reading Threads with the Screen Off

I posted the Capt. Murphy adults swim thing and the Danny Brown freestyle. No one noticed.......................

GAF-HOP OT8 Ignore Jitters He's a P4K Shill

tCHbWvW.gif

Esch

Banned
OT, i kinda dont feel the Run the Jewels cover art. It's too minimalist for what I expect to be a furious, bombastic piece of music. It's almost as unfitting as the Yeezus cover art, though obviously less shitty.

DominoKid

tumblr_m7189a0yi11qi3i5y.png

I think he could've done something interesting with the red tape, but only if he had an actual cover art. I kind-of liked the twisting king. The lack of an actual cover will hurt this era of Ye looking back.

man yall are way too hung up over a fucking picture.

See nah, I feel like if you say Nas is Vegeta then J Cole is trunks. What happened was that dude dropped that Warm Up and FNL and everyone thought it was hot as fuck, thought he had a future, just like when Vegeta saw Future Trunks, he was like damn this is really my son? he is powerful as fuck, but in reality the Trunks in the real universe never really became like Future Trunks, so he disappointed Vegeta(Nas)

I'm gonna lie, everything makes more sense to me when put in DBZ terms

This is some Shakespearean shit

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
GAF-Hop |OT8| Yeezus Saved Our Souls
GAF-Hop |OT8| Are We The Best GAF? Bitch We Might Be!
GAF-Hop |OT8| Everything is Boring.... Unless it isn't

cacophony

anyone else get in this moods where like everything you listen sounds like shit to you & isnt enjoyable? think I need a break from rap for a bit. Yeezus gonna drop & change that though

the thirst is so real on KTT theres a thread where theyre pretending it just leaked

DominoKid

anyone else get in this moods where like everything you listen sounds like shit to you & isnt enjoyable? think I need a break from rap for a bit. Yeezus gonna drop & change that though

the thirst is so real on KTT theres a thread where theyre pretending it just leaked

i was on there one day and they pretended College Dropout had just dropped or some dumb shit lol.

SadAli

Neo Member
anyone else get in this moods where like everything you listen sounds like shit to you & isnt enjoyable? think I need a break from rap for a bit.

Yeah it tends to go in cycles. When that happens I tend to reduce the amount of rap I'm listening to (actually use some discrimination rather than grab 5-10 mixtapes a week off Datpiff that I sort of already know are gonna suck) and mix things up with some older "classics" and other genres, particularly electronic and generally chilled out stuff.

Cleans the palate nicely.

Jitters

Hip Hop is an easy genre to get tired of. I'm always worried I'll grow out of it like I did metal.

As long as there is stuff like The Uncluded and Kanye to keep things fresh, I doubt that will happen though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hip Hop is an easy genre to get tired of. I'm always worried I'll grow out of it like I did metal.

My core is hip-hop... Everything else just makes me want to listen to hip-hop more

There are certain things I used to enjoy that I can't do anymore. Swag rap is virtually Nickelback tier for me now. My tolerance for ignorant shit is minimal too. Shit just sounds so similar, I can't do it.

overcast

That Mac Miller album is pretty damn good. I think it is pretty front loaded though. Didn't think the last few tracks were memorable (Same with the bonus tracks).

Happened earlier this year to me. Just did exactly what you said took a break. Well I just really lowered the amount I listened to. Didn't bother with anything new for awhile and mostly listened to other genres.

Earlier this year I was only listening to mostly beats. Spent a lot of time looking at the recommendations in Jazz-Hop. Lots of Nujabes, XXYYXX, Emancipator etc.

Back into the hip hop groove now with a couple new albums coming out

SadAli

Neo Member
I can honestly say, like with video games, I have been with hip-hop since almost it's conception..

Yep same here. And just like video games, the concept of what hip hop is and the variety on offer seems to grow year on year, not to mention the insane availability of it all.

This year has been pretty shit so far though across the board

See nah, I feel like if you say Nas is Vegeta then J Cole is trunks. What happened was that dude dropped that Warm Up and FNL and everyone thought it was hot as fuck, thought he had a future, just like when Vegeta saw Future Trunks, he was like damn this is really my son? he is powerful as fuck, but in reality the Trunks in the real universe never really became like Future Trunks, so he disappointed Vegeta(Nas)
this makes too much sense LOL

HiResDes

I posted this somewhere else, but I truly believe rap is transforming into one of the most all encompassing, versatile genres in existence. Mutant rap is taking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom